Which Map ?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by tcbandituk, Jan 8, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ray von Twome

Ray von Twome Member

May 26, 2019
    London
    Another thought on my bikes performance and reluctance to go over 80mph or 5400rpm. Could a prior owner have had the A2 restriction put on it, and if so how? I read another forum re A2 licence and the info sounds like this could be my problem. If so how do I rectify it?

2. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    This is a possibility is there any way you could contact the previous owner or supplying dealer to find this info out I would not have a clue how or where one of those devices would be fitted perhaps theres someone on this forum that has one fitted or knows where to look for it

3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Look for a restrictor bar like this across the throttle body linkage

9A8517AB-4AF6-47FE-A93C-9EA77035AA81.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Ray von Twome

Ray von Twome Member

May 26, 2019
    London
    The previous owner only ever rode a mile on it and spent 18 months polishing it due to illness. I'll have a look tomorrow to see if theres anything like the device shown on my bike. Thanks.

5. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Ray von Twome

Ray von Twome Member

May 26, 2019
    London
    Thanks for the link but I've tried several times to access their website without any success! I've a horrible feeling that I'm going to pay some dealer through the nose to get to the bottom of this problem.

7. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Probably your browser or internet security stopping it as not secure site

• Agree Agree x 1