Whats The Last Thing You Bought?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by speedrattle, Oct 25, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    The old "one part" test for me on a DT250MX in early '82. One of the last tests before they brought in the 125 rule and, possibly the two part test?
    Quite a laid back experience compared to the OTT nonsense (and expense) new riders are burdened with.
    Came out of the test centre with the examiner, read a car No. plate, then just kept riding round the block until he told me to (emergency) stop. A few yards slow riding at walking pace followed by a pass certificate! Happy days. :grinning:
    Even happier 2 months later when I took delivery of a brand new Z1300. A completely different Era you might say!!:joy:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Boothman

Boothman Senior Member

Jul 26, 2023
    Wigan
    Yes, I passed the bike test on my GP125 in 83 and it was a 2 part thing then. You had to do a training course for the part 1 and then the part 2 was nigh on the same as your original test @Pegscraper. My budget was not as flush as yours - I went for 400 Superdream but enjoyed that until I could afford something newer and flasher :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Nowt wrong with a pooper dream @Boothman ;)

Ex wife had a 250 version which I used to commute on now and then, and had many a GP on the way home from work :joy::joy:

:heart:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    New Z13's were nearly £3k but Bol'dor Kawasaki in Doncaster had a brand new "last years" model on offer at just under £2300. A small bank loan later and it was in the garage. Insurance wasn't even an issue back then. My, how things have changed!:mad:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    • Like Like x 3
  6. StephenMotoFun

StephenMotoFun New Member

Aug 23, 2024
    Los Angeles
    I bought a Fodsports FX7 Bluetooth mesh intercom! I think it is truly nice, functional and convenient.
    https://www.fodsports.com/fx7-bluetooth-mesh-intercom/
    I ordered yesterday, will arrive to my place within the next few days. Can not wait to try it!
    Maybe I will also share my experience with you about this latest Bluetooth mesh.

• Like Like x 1