Whats The Last Thing You Bought?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by speedrattle, Oct 25, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Do you get any error messages when trying to instal? Did you instal the drivers first?

2. alfie

alfie Getting older but still going for it
    Subscriber

Jan 27, 2018
    Bath, Zumerset
    Send DealerTool an email with the laptop details and the cable version. The guy will help and sort it for you. He is brilliant. My W10 HP laptop always needed the drivers reinstalling every time I used it but the guy can up with a plan overnight to fix my issue. It was line by line instructions.

Alfie

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Pegscraper, no I didn't install the drivers first, I downloaded the 3 software programmes, it won't do anything from then onwards. I understand a lot of people have had the same issue; some have bought an older standalone laptop to specifically run the DealerTool, although I won't go that route as it seems a little extreme to me, and there should be no reason really why the drivers will not install. I will have another go tomorrow as see what happens.

4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Problems like this are very difficult to diagnose when you're not sat in front of the PC. Other than checking the obvious stuff which you will have done, I can only recommend what alfie has already suggested and email Dealertool for help. When I was still working I was in IT support and spent hours in front of W98/ME/2000/XP screens troubleshooting which is one reason I jumped ship to a Mac some years ago although, to be fair, I've had little experience with later Windows OS's.

The only little "problemette" I had installing on the old W7 laptop was actually unzipping the files when downloaded but once sorted, everything installed quickly.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    I have installed on my laptop running W10. Can't remember having any issues with installing it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Can you try and install in compatibility mode? I have success sometimes using it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Ashwin Bala

Ashwin Bala New Member

Sep 7, 2020
    Chennai
    The last thing i got for my T100 are brake pads for my Beringer caliper :)

I love the caliper. They are 100X better than stock

8. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Amazing Grace
    So my tyre saga was not over. Picked up a screw in the outside row of tread of my new Michelin Latitude Sport 3 on the front.

No sir, can’t repair that puncture, it’s too near the side wall. Or the standard response is “you cannot repair run flats”. Can you replace it then? Yes, delivery estimated for the 21st October :mad:

So order placed £300. When I got home I screwed the screw in so that the head was flush with the bottom of the groove it’s in and no more leaks. Was thinking of getting the bike puncture kit out and plugging it. Opinions anyone?

9. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I've used those tubeless repair kits, with the mushroom shaped plugs, a couple of times with 100% success. They're only sold really as a "get you home" remedy but I once left one in for several hundred miles with no issues. With a neat hole caused by a nail or screw they're virtually guaranteed to work. Personally I would rather put my trust in a repair plug than leave the screw in.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Plug it, what you got to loose? 100% success rate with the rope type plugs here too. Done 1000's of miles on em, even a good burnout when a tyre was done to test the plug.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Plug it and increase the tyre pressure (to stop/reduce the flex in the tyre)?

12. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Baza, if the screw is near to the sidewall as said then personally I would not repair it, anything in the 3/4 area is fine but risky near the sidewalls, the last thing you want is a failure whilst riding.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Amazing Grace
    This is on my X3 not my bikes. And don’t forget it’s a run flat anyway also the car has full TPMS which not only gives you on screen read out of actual tyre pressures it also gives recommended pressures which will increase as the tyres get warmer so there must be pressure and temp sensors in there somewhere I guess. What do you think?

• Useful Useful x 2
  14. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Amazing Grace
    This would be dangerous, to present the correct tread profile to the road the tyre has to be at the correct pressure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Repair it Baza.
    I have a little independent tyre shop locally who repair run flats with no problems. I’ve had several done there. The reason they say not to repair them is because the side wall can become damaged if you have driven a long way on a deflated tyre. If you’ve not done that then try to find a small tyre place that will repair them in the traditional manner. You will have a sensor that will let you know if the repair is leaking….

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Pegscraper, dealertool all installed, it was like you said unzipping the files was the issue, or to be more precise a right pain, once unzipped it installed in seconds, dealertool sent the code right away and it is now all up and running, ride safe all from an ageing Rocker.

thumbnail_IMG_1639.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1640.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1641.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1642.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  17. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    Bought a top hat :)

1.jpg

Will be replacing wheel bearings and seals soon and thought that it would be good to also have smooth spacers for seals to sit on, rather than the ones that have grooves worn by years of muck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    The front tyre for the SS landed today, bought from an online UK seller with depots worldwide. Looks like it's been sourced from Germany! Did the weekly grocery shop this morning, no parsnips, no Aunt Bessies Dumplings, no Gaviscon double action tablets, WTF! This Putin bloke has a lot to answer for!:mad:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Clasps for my vest :p

5FFF2DC5-033C-42C6-B3EE-00E243A4B30E.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  20. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    OK I've just bought two of these bags. Let me explain. I already have this bag in Yellow, and have been thinking about getting one in black. On eBay they are £23.99. I know a lot of you use Lomo bags, but I used my yellow bag when I did the NC500, and when I did Orkney. It was 100% waterproof. Now over the weekend I thought I'd order another bag at £23.99, but I thought I'd just put the details into the search/shopping engine, and to my surprise the search came back at a price of £9.00. I phoned M&P this morning to check that the price was correct, they said it was correct and they have 39 bags left at this price, so I bought 2 which was cheaper than the price of 1 of them on eBay
    The link below, should you wish to buy one

https://www.mandp.co.uk/products/tuzo-50l-roll-bag-black-686232
    bag.jpg

• Like Like x 10