Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dreitopf

dreitopf Active Member

Feb 27, 2020
    Germany
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    (sigh) There is obviously no piss for the wicked!

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    #14143 MadMrB, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    They are a f#cking pig! :mad: The one on my Street Triple was a nightmare, and as the connector from the tank (fuel pump) is plastic it was a real worry that the force required to remove would damage it :worried: I was convinced (wrongly) that I hadn't pressed the release buttons sufficiently, and I tried all sorts of things to try and get a better purchase on them, even taping small nuts to my fingers o_O:joy:, but it turned out that the once on the pipe is just a git to remove :confused:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    There you are old lad I’ve circled the stepper motor.
    There’s a shaft coming out of the top with a rubber gaiter,if this shaft gets dirty in can stick and you’ll have problems starting Mr Tigger.
    Some peeps have put oil or grease on the shaft but all that does is dust or muck sticks to the shaft causing it to stick also.
    It’s all well documented in the Tiger800 forum.

00C121D8-0C18-4625-921F-1BA80FA6B75D.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That is a LOT of bugs, OsteKuste! :p Those grips look great--glad they are working better for you. I tend to like grips that are a bit thicker myself. What you used looks quite a lot like some of the handlebar tape I've used on my bicycles over the years.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Good pics, Duck. Hey, have you ever compared the amount of time you spend working on your bike with the amount of time you spend riding it?! ;):neutral:

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    It's always good to have such an exceptional back up plan for rainy days. :):yum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:)Cheers mate :)
    I’ll have a look at it and clean it with a toothbrush and ACF50:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I think it’s probably better with nothing on the shaft then crap can’t stick to it :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Maybe graphite? It's dry and slick. I think it can be corrosive to aluminum (or ALYOUMINIUM :p) when it gets wet, though.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON

PTFE dry spray?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I rode my Speed Triple both Sunday and yesterday after riding my Harley on Friday and Saturday. Four days in a row! Life is (pretty) good. Considering it's 2020 anyway. :p

Sunday morning a small group of five of us rode up to a favorite breakfast joint which I've posted about before--the Oracle Patio Cafe. The temperatures have dropped significantly in the past week or so here in southern Arizona and when we left the house it was about 70ºF. Lovely! Our groups bikes included one Triumph (me), a BMW R1250GS, and three Harleys (a Sport Glide, Heritage, and Street Glide). There were TONS of bikes out--both on the roads and at the restaurant. Nothing like a drop in temps to bring Arizona riders out of the woodwork. :):sun:
    IMG_0246.jpeg

Nearly everyone that was on the back table having breakfast were there on motorcycles. In particular there seemed to be an abundance of BMW adventure bikes but we also saw a smattering of Victorys along with a couple of Harleys and a lone Triumph Bonneville T100 parked outside the restaurant and across the street.
    Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 3.22.07 PM.png

I snapped a pic of this gentleman who was busily chatting on his phone. I was curious about his Sons of Odin patch but didn't get a chance to ask him about it. Mr. Sandi and I are watching "Vikings" right now and Odin is one of the Vikings primary gods. I wonder if this club is related. That's definitely a Viking looking dude on the patch!
    IMG_0257.jpeg

In previous posts about this restaurant and patio I've featured some of the metal art that they have on display and for sale. They had several new pieces this trip and these two were my favorites.
    IMG_0266.jpeg

IMG_0263.jpeg

Full tummies and now on to ride the Webb Road Loop part of this route which is a beautiful twisty hilly road on the back side of Mt. Lemmon with typically no other bikes or cars to be seen. This was the first time I've been on this particular road since back in 2019. It's definitely a favorite. :grinning: If I had a Go Pro I'd be able to share some photos of the actual road! :joy:
    IMG_0271.jpeg

I've no photos to share from my Monday ride. A ride buddy and I rode to a nearby dealership (Cycles, Skis, and ATV's) that primarily sells used bikes. I was intent on checking out a bike I'd seen on Cycle Trader that seemed perfect for another ride buddy for whom I love to "window shop". Really it was just an excuse (not that I need one!) to ride again. :cool::D It's a nice shop but it sure looks a whole lot different--and the inventory is a whole lot more sparse--than when I was there pre-COVID. :(

• Like Like x 16
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Get busy then, Duck! :joy:

• Love You Love You x 1
  15. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    It's in one piece again now....

20201013_142009.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  16. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2020
    UK
    Trouble is on mine the water got between the visor and the pinlock insert, causing problems with it fogging and blurring the view as well as having some drops on the inside of the visor. It still hasn't dried out completely in 2 days. Does the water get between the visor and the pinlock insert with yours or have you fitted it better than me....?:(

17. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2020
    UK
    I've just spent an unpleasant 45 mins trying to adjust the thing. I love the instructions to push the pins out to adjust, yeah with what a friggin' press. My thumbs now hurt like hell...:sweat:. Getting them out wasn't as bad as trying to press them back in..... Oh well, maybe I'll just stop riding in the rain and the cold, yeah, that'll fix it. Now what countries fit that bill..... and still let us in...:confused:

• Like Like x 3
  18. Mick Clarke

Mick Clarke Member

Jul 21, 2020
    Exeter
    Not today as working, but spent Sunday chasing a pretty little red If not old 350 4,(pictured(I know it’s a Honda)) around the valleys of Somerset and north east Devon.. top fun..

F8A0DC5F-2A0D-4E60-B136-48B12FD1F87C.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  19. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    A clean up and some paint and no one will know that there was not a master welder at work o_O

Now out of curiosity you did isolate the electrics like alternator or battery maybe, just asking.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  20. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Not knocking @Bikerman, glad to see him having a go, I said some paint on it and know one would know paint hides a thousand imperfections,

• Like Like x 4