Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    For all you desert dwellers out there, another tree tunnel

tiger tunnel 3.jpg

• Like Like x 23
  2. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Very nice! I'll bet the sensation of speed is multiplied riding through a section like that!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    If they are like idiots around here, Duck, they don't need a faulty sensor, they jump 'em anyway.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Took Snowflake out for a spin to test the sliding carriage assembly in 35 mph gusts - no tangible problems apart from standard blusteryness.........no rattle......lovely. Don't like having the top box aboard but handy for collecting stuff.

IMG_20200826_114822434 (1008 x 756).jpg

• Like Like x 15
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Lovely bike and photos, Thripster. I like the little ray of sunshine coming down to gently kiss your bike. ;):)

Have you ever considered replacing the top box with panniers or soft ADV luggage? I have a friend who had a KTM ADV bike--he did that because it was so difficult for him to get on and off his bike with the top box.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    #13506 Thripster, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    Thanks Sandi. I have the panniers too but hadn't fitted/needed them for this ride. You can see the carrier's if you zoom in a little. Know what you mean about difficulty of getting on with top box but get around that by stepping on foot peg which makes it much easier. Hope to travel and tent in the near future, hence all three boxes.

• Like Like x 3
  7. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Often ridden past this lion monument, thought I'd have a quick look today...

IMG_20200826_160647944.jpg IMG_20200826_160718254_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 22
  8. Baldrick174

Baldrick174 Active Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Boscastle, Cornwall
    Well, a very fast ride to work this morning or so I thought. On the way home got stuck behind a caravan and, according to my speedo, it was doing 80mph along a country lane, not a chance. This weekend I will be checking both sprockets to see if previous owner has changed one or both!

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  9. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    If your speedo drive is from a wheel - usually the front - then it is only measuring the rotational speed of the wheel to give your speedo readout i.e. the gearing is irrelevant.
    If, on the other hand, the drive is from the gearbox then the gearing will be very relevant.
    My Trident has a mechanical whizzy round (technical term!) type cable, whereas my Daytona 955 had a magnetic/electrical drive, both types were from the front wheel. Neither would be affected by a gearing change.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    A friend of mine gave me a SW MOTECH phone shelter. She bought the wrong size, and had that one unused. I have only the shelter, no mounting support, so I decided to make one from scratch. It can be moved up and down and hold in place. The whole stuff can be removed just pulling the target in the rear. The spring is one used on guitar tremolo.

suptel.jpg

• Like Like x 13
    • Useful Useful x 2
  11. dreitopf

dreitopf Active Member

Feb 27, 2020
    Germany
    A good clean-up for my old girl,oil check and now a full scott-oiler. Tomorrow we will start to southern Germany because france is not so safe now..
    I'm sure I will come home without problems like every year. Thanks to the first owner from Yeovil....he was riding the first 6000mls and he has done a good job!

• Like Like x 15
  12. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Hi guys , I know no news is good news with me but today I have mostly been worrying about my back wheel on my new Speedmaster today.
    It squeaks when rocked back and forward. The disc slightly rubs on the pads in one small area of the rotation too.
    I checked the chain adjuster bolts. The gap between the lock nut and the adjuster bolt is 11mm on one side and 11.8mm on the other •8 difference I assume would not cause this problem.
    When I put the bike up on a paddock stand and twisted the wheel this brake pad problem stopped for a couple of spins.
    Its hard to hear it because of the squeak which is coming from thr bairing area on the other side.
    I have only done 1700 miles, never driven in the rain, only use a hose to clean the bike.
    The Chain is cleaned with chain cleaner from Superbike, lubbed with Wurth dry and is the right tension. I even tried tapping the spokes with a screwdriver and they all sound different to each other which is not re assuring me.
    Am I getting OCD in my old age but this should not be making this noise surely?
    Front brakes and rubbing as well...I drove through a quiet village the other day, in second gear, pulled the clutch in and was clearly audible whizzhing noise?
    Any wisdom would be highly appreciated.
    I am trying to upload a 5 second video of it but it keeps saying file too large....

13. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Video at you tube

• Like Like x 3
  14. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Press the capital R on the screen above to hear my squeak!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Bon voyage !

• Like Like x 1
  16. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    So sad that many of the men on this memorial share the same surnames, most probably brothers.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
  18. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Yeah I had the same on a new rear Metzler, the guy who fitted it for me 2 weeks previously vulcanized it and only charged me £20

19. The Gong

The Gong Active Member

Apr 2, 2020
    Michigan, USA
    IMG_20200827_212223.jpg Installed 8mm quick release pins on my TB900.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Tim Stich

Tim Stich Well-Known Member

May 25, 2020
    Colorado Springs, CO USA
    I ran into an overheating problem the other day and noticed the fan was not coming on. So, I replaced the fan relay today and lo and behold, that seems to be it.

• Like Like x 9