Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

New bike, never ridden, Had to be done.

Bloody loved it, worth the clean.

• Like Like x 4
  2. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    removed rear calliper as wheel sticky and hard to move,cleaned up both pistons using brake cleaner and moved back and forth several times u till freed up,the 14mm bolt nearer front of bike a bit of pain to access used fkexijoint for socket and offset ring spanner,one piston more sticky than other just a yearly clean up should keep them moving freely.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Macca

Macca New Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Africa
    Just moved to south Africa and decided to take the Bobber up the Franschhoek Pass (ahem, not a euphemism). One of the best road rides anywhere. Happy New Year everyone!

IMG_1152.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hello Macca and welcome to the Triumph Asylum - Nursie will be round soon with your 'Meds'.

Beautiful picture lovely bike.

I watched a TV program recently where an English bloke called Cole was showing wonderful rides all round the world and South Africa featured strongly - it looked absolutely perfect.

5. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    That would be Henry Cole, owner of this emporium http://www.gladstonemotorcycles.com/

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep every time. I see that as part of the ride enjoyment during the bad weather months.
    Wessa

• Love You Love You x 1
  7. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Do you want to come down South, clean my bikes, and get some more "enjoyment" :p:D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Scenery looks fantastic...... lucky sod!:mad::mad::mad::D

9. Macca

Macca New Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Africa
    Cheers mate. I have to say the roads here are fantastic and drivers tend to be very polite - they generally pull over to the as you approach to let you pass. Absolutely gobsmacked the first few times it happened!

Lots of Triumphs on the roads here and great biking community. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Macca

Macca New Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Africa
    Thanks mate - the scenery is awesome. Me and the missus are taking a couple of Tiger 1200s up to Namibia next week. I'll post some pics when we get back.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Macca

Macca New Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Africa
    Thanks fella. Feel very lucky to have the bike and ride it down here

• Like Like x 1
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Just finished putting the brake callipers back on my BPOS:)
    Got a right bollocking from wor lass :( just because I used a glass out of HER kitchen to use as a brake fluid jar :eek:
    I washed it when I was finished :mad: bloody woman :mad:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Cleaned and lubed the chain :)

20171231_200456.jpg 20171231_200444.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London

I can relate to that. Once I cleaned the front sprocket cover in the bathtub n boy......it left some grease marks. The bollocking I received :worried:

I had to spend the weekend cleaning the tub spotless.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Use the dishwasher, works great, but you do get a real bollocking for that!!! :p

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    #6636 R_1000, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    ^^^ Thank you Mr Orange ;). Whilst I do dearly love my bike......I really don't fancy sleeping in the garage for the foreseeable future :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    And he pretends to love his bike, PAH!!!

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I think you already know the answer to that question...........:imp::imp::imp:
    Wessa

19. Kiwidave4

Kiwidave4 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Fitted the standard bars in place of the low bars that were fitted with the fairing kit. However as the entire country is in the grips of a massive storm with gales and torrential rain it may be a few days before a test ride!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Just before I left home to go to Uni I was adjusting the tappets on my car. I'd got a new gasket and decided to clean up the rocker cover and give it a fresh coat of paint.

Mum was out so I put it in the dishwasher. She came home before it had finished and was really pleased that I'd put my breakfast pots in and remembered to turn it on. :worried:

I hung about the kitchen waiting for a chance to get it out without being caught but never got the chance. She went postal :bomb:

On the up side when Dad came in she told him what i'd done and his response saved me. Instead of tearing me a new one as expected he asked me if it had done a good job and got it clean:kissing:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2