Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Shortened standard indicators here and remounted, headlamp brackets from china £16

IMG_5752.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. TriBriBon

TriBriBon Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    Hi Nick,

I was looking at your other photo's the other day and remember you saying your headlight brackets came from China.
    I really like the one's Motone do, but @ £90 I think i'll grab a set on Black ones from the Bay of Thieves. I really like the look of the Motone Tail Tidy but don't think I can fit the Thruxton indicators
    without them overhanging the bracket.
    I don't want to change the indicators from the Triumph jobbies.
    How did you shorten the stems on yours ? obviously you've cut down the stalks, but did you cut and re-thread the steel bar inside the stem ?

Unfortunately the Thruxton Indicators are configured differently, they come apart OK but theres no flat bar to hold them together as on the standard ones.
    Might have to be a job for super glue.

How's the new Can's ? did you go for a re-map ?

Cheers

TBB.

3. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Hi its not easy shortening them well it is but its time consuming i pinched the idea from another forum
    heres the link
    http://www.triumphrat.net/air-coole...9703-modding-stock-turn-signals-diy-pics.html

The zorsts are real nice very happy with them Ran the TORS 20507 map on there for a while but its was stinking of fuel and made the bike feel lumpy and rough so my SAI already removed I loaded up the 20743 factory map took tick out the box for the SAI saved the map then loaded that into the ecu runs a treat no popping and banging and really smooth.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. TriBriBon

TriBriBon Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    Nice one Nick, thanks :)

TBB.

5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

At last I finally got out on my BPOS to scrub my new tyres in :)
    What a difference :eek:
    Never been that fussed about all the things that get said about tyres but getting rid of the metzellers and changing to Avons has totally transformed the handling of my bike :grinning:
    Bearing in mind how cold it was today with damp leaf covered roads especially through forestry bits which the sun couldn't get to...I've been given a level of confidence that has been sorely lacking:)
    Pressing on more than I've ever had the confidence to do on my BPOS I've been amazed at the difference:eek: white lines/over banding/pot holes and generally shitty road surfaces would previously had the bike squirming and skipping all over the place :mad:
    Not now :grinning:...bring it on :imp:
    Over 200mls today...upto Jedburgh for a coffee :) IMG_0420.JPG then after riding around Scotland for a bit found myself at Hartside for a cheeseburger and another coffee
    IMG_0421.JPG
    Bloody freezing and my arse was feeling like concrete so pulled over for a smoke before the last boring dash bit home IMG_0422.JPG would've stayed out longer and did more miles but was getting maybe a bit too confident and it was bloody freezing o_O
    There's better days ahead I'm sure...especially with these new tyres :cool:

• Like Like x 16
  6. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Nice looking bike m8 I agree with you on the avons my bonny came with Metzeler tyres bought it used like and front was shouldered off and out of shape so I ditched them threw away a nearly new rear and put Avon Roadriders on it now I can chuck it around and I feel confident on it

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

The tyres I got rid of had 5mm front and 6•5mm back :(
    Broke my heart :broken_heart:

8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Great news. Realy chuffed for you,It was about the first thing you said to me when we meet, You were unhappy with the handling and surprised by how bad it was, and Ive seen it get you down so right on.
    I thought there must be a solution, and you found it.

Dude of the day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    last run over the west coast for me this year..but you never know as it was glorious today:)
    Glenfinnan Viaduct on the road to Mallaig (used in the Harry Potter film)
    IMG_4901.JPG

Commando memorial at Spean Bridge

IMG_4888.JPG

Cattle ranch near Fort William
    IMG_4892.JPG

Ben Nevis Distillery
    IMG_4893 (2).JPG
    Caledonian Canal at Fort William
    IMG_4908.JPG
    Snow covered mountains at Fort William
    IMG_4907.JPG

• Like Like x 17
  10. d-basser

d-basser Active Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Glasgow
    Currently riding back up from Damnation festival in Leeds. Bloody freezing! Down to 0 degrees so I'm wearing two jackets and three pairs of gloves. Have been regularly gritted whilst on the road too. Scariest part so far though has been nearly getting bike jacked by geese at the service station 20171105_201705_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 7
  11. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    Took my shiny new Street Cup on its maiden voyage today. Put almost 200 on the clock. I waited since I was a kid to have a Triumph, so it was almost surreal to finally be out there on my own twin. A perfect day in the mountains with the fall colors here in eastern Tn. As soon as I figure out how to post pics I will. Needless to say, I was almost worried that I had built up the idea of this bike so much that it wouldn’t live up to it. I could not be happier! I love everything about this bike!

• Like Like x 9
  12. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    We definitely need the pics......and glad the bike is living up to your expectation.

13. Clarkey

Clarkey Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Not been been on here for a while work and home commitments....and spending my spare time doing up a lovely cbr600 only taken 2 1/2 years just needs an mot then I will be putting it on the road next year still got my 1050 just haven't had time to ride it,

IMG_1824.JPG

IMG_1830.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  14. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Had a new set of Avon AM26 fitted to the Bonneville this morning. I've just got back from picking the bike up, after having a 50 mile run to start the scrubbing in process.

I can't believe the difference!

They are so good, the bike feels lighter, the steering is quicker and it feels far more nimble than it did.

They replaced the OEM Metzlers that had covered 7500 miles and were on the limit, plus they were squared off, a lot more than they looked from the way the Avons handle.

I have to admit to not having any issues with the Metzlers, the grip in the wet and dry was good and I never felt unsafe but the Avons are most definitely a step up.

It's the first time I've had Avon tyres on a bike, on the BMW I used either Bridgestone Battlax or Pirelli.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Looking really nice, good job done there!

Curly

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    3 things Ive found out today about my 2014 Tiger....... First off I bought a compressor from Machine mart a couple of years ago basically to spray the bike with ACF 50 around this time of year. It is so bloody easy to do with a compressor I dunno why I was so hesitant to do it.

Secondly, builders hand wipes from Screwfix are without a doubt the easiest way to remove chain lube fling from your back wheel.

And last the more problematic thing was that too much play in your gear lever could indicate & be the result of water getting into the bottom knuckle joint & rusting it to the point where it fails...Which is what has happened to me:worried:.... it was so knackered that the small circlip that holds it all together was doing nowt & you could easily pull the knuckle away from the gear lever with very little effort.....So maybe worth a check next time you clean your 3 year old Tiger to see if it is still packed with grease & in good shape.
    I`ll never be rich at this rate.
    To be certain as I can of a good repair I have ordered both parts top & bottom at a cost of £150 from Fowlers as eBay offered very little improvement in what had just fallen apart for £65...So bread & pullet it is for tea again.

Happy riding folks.

Thruccyboy

• Useful Useful x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  17. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    That sure is a thing of beauty:heart::heart::heart::heart:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

How easy was finding parts for it? Good to see you.

19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Ok so, managed to spend some time after spending money.
    I rebuilt the rear end , replaced bearings in drop link, and shock,cleaned and greased the bearings in the swing arm , hub, cush drive sprocket carrier and got it all back on today, Painted the swingarm a few days ago, so fingers crossed the rear sprocket bolts come tomorrow then I can join the chain.

• Like Like x 2
  20. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England

• Like Like x 1
  21. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Don't do anything rash, you'll come to regret it, and I'm not talking about the whisky.

Curly

22. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Didn't know what you were getting at:confused:but went back and had a look :) yeah I see it now:p Darth Vader with a big one :eek: (yellow light sabre)

23. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Re
    Really pleased your sorted....
    Wessa

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  24. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Canny ron oot that marra, but you could have ordered your new harris Tweed underwear on-line a lot easier :p:p

• Funny Funny x 1