Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    At least there was another bike to keep you company!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

An ER-6

3. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    feck all, to busy cleaning up after storms, ireland got hit with trees down everywhere, another storm coming soon, They are like busses:confused:

4. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    London A40 traffic light controlled x-road junction, wet roads heavy but moving traffic - Speed Triple R 2016

Almost drove into a jogger this morning, light had changed to green, lane two had a car at the lights waiting due to cars blocking the junction exit on the other side. I was approaching the junction in lane one which was completely clear.

As the light had been green for a while and I drew level with the car (20mph max) I see a jogger running across...bloody hell, I threw out the anchors, blasted the horn and held on for the inevitable crunch!

The road was wet and manhole covers all over the road plus white lines. I thought I was gonna plough right into her. But, new Brembo brake pads nicely worn in, Michelin RoadPilot 4 and ABS with the bike in Rain mode. The bike stopped almost on the spot and my worry was the bike behind going into me. Friggin fantastic these brakes, tyres and the bike.
    Jogger (ear phones still in) waved her apology several times and I was left shaking my head, she knew she was in the wrong

Just wish my camera (Drift Ghost 4K) hadn't shut itself off 10 min after I started it, this has happened several times so have asked Amazon for a replacement.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. TriBriBon

TriBriBon Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    Just the one chip with that burger the Crispey ;)

6. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Unpleasant ride in the dark, wind and rain along the A34 and A303. Not the highlight of biking! :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Egg and bacon butty actually! No chips mrs C has put me on a diet!
    IMG_1647.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    I hate those conditions, so much so that yesterday I contacted Vac Bag Products and ordered replacement Dri-sorb bags ( they come in packs of 3 ) ready to bag up my Bonneville at the end of this month.
    We've had a good year on it this year visiting various English Heritage sites and a holiday in Northern Spain as well.
    Can't enthuse about riding in the cold, wind or rain though so it's bag up and SORN time again, unfortunately.

Curly

• Like Like x 1
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Refitted my wheels yesterday to my BPOS :)
    Will hopefully find a day with decentish weather :sun: and get out for the day
    Hopefully 200-300mls and see if new rubber improves the handling :p

• Like Like x 3
  10. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    It won't!!
    IMG_3395.GIF

11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

12. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I only use the Bonneville when it's dry(ish), although I did use it a lot last winter. It's surprising how many sunny days you still get, even if it's on the chilly side - more layers required but still fun! The Tiger will continue to be ridden unless it's a monsoon or snowing - will be digging out the heated vest and inner gloves though, best investment yet. :):)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    how's the honda coming on steve ?

14. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    What will I be doing? Probably loomies around 2:30-3 on my way home!

15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Not after sports bike handling
    But need more grip and confidence in my BPOS :(
    Have had this bike for about a year and a half now and I'm not impressed with the handling at all :(
    Love the engine and gearbox
    Love the riding position
    Love the looks
    Love the tank range
    Love just about everything about it
    But it's handling is IMHO Quite shocking :eek: borderline dangerous in fact o_O
    In the time I've owned it I've had the front wheel let go twice and the back wheel about seven times :scream: Bloody scarey it is
    If this new rubber doesn't make a marked improvement then it's going the bloody journey :mad:

16. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi DGF, reading your handling issues and experience with the current bike I would say that almost certainly that is down to the tyres.

Changing for different rubber will make a big difference. When I had my Bonny (for 5 years and about 25,000mls) I ran the Avons AM 26 Roadrunners - never had any slippy-slidey issues at all.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I hope your right biglad :) because I do like the bike and would like to stick with it until I can get my arse on one of them new Speedmasters:cool:
    Probably a year after they're out and someone trades one in :p

18. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Well I'm sticking to my diet

IMG_3396.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Had the whole front end of my bike off :eek: checked/greased and set up....happy that everything is as it should be :)
    Too much rake?:confused:
    Crappy tyres?:confused:
    We'll see what the new tyres are like and hope this inspires more confidence :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    MCN says this
    The Triumph Speedmaster has a decent chassis, with beefy 41mm forks and a twin shock back end, plus substantial cradle frame. It's a heavy bike at 229kgs dry, but it carries the weight lowdown and most riders will admire the way the Triumph Speedmaster handles.

So it seems that what every it is, it can be fixed, Its not inherent.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1