Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Took the T100 on a leisurely round-the-houses trip to avoid Silverstone and had brunch at Jack's Hill Caff. Very nice it was too but the traffic on the A5 diverted off the closed M1 was relentless on the way back. Turned off before MK and headed a different way to miss the rest of it, much to the consternation of the TomTom which gets cross when you deviate from a preset track.

The service indicator spanner thing popped up on the dash at bang on 500 miles so I'm all set now for a week on Tuesday when I get the initial oil/filter change done.

2. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Horrific crash on the M1 at Newport Pagnell.

3. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Still working on it having put back the trip by a week. Don't think there'll be any problem this late in the season.

4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Had a ride out to Seaways at Fridaythorpe.

DSCF1713.JPG

Okay, so it was yesterday but, hey, whose counting?
    Thoroughly enjoyed it and even felt pretty well okay when I got back home:cool:. A few aches and pains but I do seem able to do a bit more each time. Old age - don't you just love it??
    Nice cup of tea there for £1!:) Some bastid had a full English:yum delivered to his table just as I walked in, and me trying to eat healthily these days:(. It's just not fair!!:sob:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Not nice

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    IMG_4459.JPG
    Went to Aviemore to see Harley Davidsons at Thunder in the Glens, got bored after a while so went over Fort William then down to Ballachulish and through Rannoch Moor to The Green Welly. Then back East through Killin, Aberfeldy and Crieff. Then over The Forth Road Bridge for the last time as the new Queensferry Crossing will be open in a few days. 410 miles all in so the Tiger is now properly run in and ready for more action :yum

• Like Like x 6
  7. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Sounds a great day you had Gary over some fantastic roads,i take it you went on my all time favourite road (A86 to Spean bridge):cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    Yes it was a great run today Dougie and yes the A86 is a brilliant road isn't it, can see why it's your fav. There were Harleys as far as the eye could see, I had top fun passing them all as they were just out for the banter and cruising along.... a great sight it was.

Fort William to Ballachulish is STILL the worst 12 miles you can ride in Scotland though :sob:..... what a shocker of a stretch of road !!

• Like Like x 1
  9. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Went to see Rich's BHS closing down clothing sale at Pure Triumph in Woburn, via Newport Pagnell. I knew Aston Martin was in there somewhere but hadn't seen it before, but today rode past and had to take the opportunity to drop it. It was closed but I could park in the on-site dealership and have an admiring look at the beautiful machines on the forecourt, and of course pose the Bonnie.

IMG_3051.JPG

IMG_3052.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    yeah the traffics crap on Fort William to Ballachulish, even during the week its pretty busy,brilliant road if your'e lucky enough to be on it when it's quiet though! the Sma Glen road (Aberfeldy to Crieff is another of my favs) in fact all the roads you were on are favs of mine!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    Done it dozens of times and never seen it quiet yet :(..... one day it might happen.

+1 for Aberfeldy to Crieff..... brilliant road, love it.

12. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Was hoping to take the kids (1 at a time) to Rampside in Barrow for the Classic Bike and Car day, so I was up bright n early... couple of tinkering jobs on the Legend done, then gave it a good wash over, just as the rain rolls in to make another typical bank holiday Monday :oops:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Finishing work early today then going down to stranraer then getting the ferry over to larne tommorow morning to meet @andyc1 for a mini tour, staying overnight in Donegal and ferry back Wednesday night, weather is looking fine so should be good:cool:

• Like Like x 7
  14. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    :cool:
    Hate to have to tell you DC
    But it's cracking the flags down here. :cool:
    All those beautiful lakes in your neck of the woods are there for a very good reason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Cleaning and prepping the Speed and Bonnie today before sticking them on the trailer ready for the hol's :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    feck it, my bikes booked in for the VRT tomorrow or i might have joined you for the day. Maybe next time

• Like Like x 1
  17. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

[ferfeckssake] Now that I can't go to the Classic bike and car day in Barrow, the bloody suns come out!!! [\ferfeckssake]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Not done a thing with my bike for three weeks, changed jobs, now a FiFo bus driver in Leinster Western Australia, have six/seven days off starting Friday, so a ride is in the offing. Fingers crossed
    Cheers capt.

• Like Like x 5
  19. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Finally, a bike tide without rain... too and from work, but I'll take it where I can!

20. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Made the trip to the Netherlands yesterday for our two week holiday (actually cat sitting for someone whilst they're in the States ). Probably the wettest I've been on a bike.
    Pissed down on the way to the tunnel.
    Pissed down in France (Calais to Dunkirk was atrocious )
    Pissed down in Belgium.
    Pissed down in Holland.
    2 hour delay due to weather and traffic especially at Antwerp. 3 hour journey took 5.
    20170830_134950.jpg
    Trying to dry kit on the air vents on the shuttle.
    20170831_102102.jpg
    Tiger and support vehicle in Geldrop.
    Sun came out today so went for a bike ride into Brandevoort. (That's bicycle - no one walks here! )

• Like Like x 3
  21. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hey so sorry to hear the weather has been so poor for you, bit like my Ireland trip in July; rained every day bar one....
    Wessa