Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Save trip mate, enjoy the ride home.
    Wessa

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Thanks Mate. On the ferry Holyhead bound. Up at 4.30 this morning . I'm on the coffee now. Just hope it's as good as she looks .

• Like Like x 3
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Don't forget pictures...........
    Wessa

4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Before I became ill and subsequently retired, I would often catch the Stena Line 08.15 (ish) Dublin to Holyhead ferry. As lorry drivers, we were given a free:) (to us - presumably in the ticket price) full English breakfast - as much as you could get on your plate in reality:yum:yum:yum - and free tea and coffee etc for the duration of the trip in our own designated lounge area. Bloody marvellous, and MUCH better than the overnight P&O ferry to/from Liverpool:(.
    We occasionally caught the return sailing to Dublin, which involved a proper lunch (chicken was actually a half chicken with lots of chips and veg followed by sponge pudding and custard:yum:yum:yum - me fat bastid!!). Stena line food, at least for us truckers, was top notch and plentiful.
    Incidentally, Dublin to Ballydesmond and back to Dublin (the run involved) was pretty impossible without exceeding the speed limits on a regular basis. Did it once when my wife was ill - never again:eek:! Thankfully it was never expected of us. Apparently one of the bosses tried it and decided it was not worth the risk.
    Anyway, sorry about the reminiscences and I hope you are back home safe and well - I reckon you should be by now.:cool:

• Like Like x 3
  5. bogg

bogg Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    west sussex
    First run to a rally on the trumpet..and here I am waiting for recovery. .blown rad 20170818_165854.jpg

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Welcome to rallying! Hard luck!

• Like Like x 1
  7. bogg

bogg Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    west sussex
    Rallying is not a new thing nor is the rad weld the previous owner put in well not even rad weldo it was the old dog turd stuff.so I'm looking for another rad now ho hum

8. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    I had a rack and Givi plate fitted to my T100 this morning. It was ordered with the bike but the bits were not in before I collected it. I've missed not having a boot to store my lid and spare gloves in.

Popped the V46 on the bike when I got home and it doesn't look too bad. I was convinced it would look way too big but I'm glad I didn't get a much smaller Monolock box now.

9. Tal

Tal Active Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Milton Keynes
    I'd like to see a pic of that please Sir Trev.

10. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #5970 Havit, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Have to agree Stena is far better than Irish ferries. Irish Ferries sacked there staff and took on cheep polish Labour. . And are more expensive on board.

11. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Often wondered what it was like on the Ulysses. Now I know, I'll stick with Stena Line if traversing the Irish Sea. Never had a bad sailing with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    The stena boat is more stable in the sea too. If you suffer from sea sickness

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    And if you don't?

14. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Then a good breakfast of greasy egg and fried bread is in order

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Got the bike, she is very clean,, needs a bit of work done on her,, carbs need cleaning , a bit ropey at low revs but she had been sitting for a long time in someone's garage, she's not perfect, has a few scratches on the tank and someone cleaned the screen with a Brillo pad i think...its not that bad but it will anoy me.. But thats replacable. other than that she's good. Plenty of smooth power on the motorway home. Will be better after a carb clean . A few small age related issues but Overall a good bike. will start on her at the end of the year. Have pen to strip first.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #5976 Havit, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Have you got another rad? If not I think the rad is the same as my Thunderbird 900. If it is I have a rad that I took off my bike last year, the clown who had it before me jet washed the rad damaging some of the fins, but it works perfect. No leaks or anything, it was on my bike when I went to the GMU in Buxton . If you want it its yours. Just pay the postage from Ireland. If that helps .

• Like Like x 3
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Come on Wayne, you know we like pictures! How about one with Pen and your new ride together?
    Wessa

18. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent

19. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Been in the garage getting my BPOS ready for a ride later today :)
    Gonna go and pick my mate Frank up and go for a ride along the coast and then to Wetlands bike meet for a cuppa :)
    So my BPOS is now wearing rear footrests,pillion seat and the sissy bar that came with it :)
    Haven't rode with a pillion for at least 15yrs maybe longer :eek: but Stormin the Castle is only 2wks away and I'll be taking Frank on the bike and all our camping gear in my trailer :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  20. bogg

bogg Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    west sussex
    Thanks for the offer but ordered one yesterday. .sometimes I'm just to impatient

21. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Here you go

[​IMG]Up to spec by Trevor Laight, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1