Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Today I have been staring at mine in disbelief. At the weekend I washed off the mud spattered over the T100 from a ride the day before but my neighbour got me talking just after I had finished rinsing it down. It then started raining so I wheeled it into the garage and went indoors. Looking at it this evening when I went in the garage for something and I realised it is covered in limescale watermarks. Dagnabbit! I always promised myself I'd never get a black car as they're a sod to clean and now I've realised how many black bits my nice new bike has. Flip. Going to have to buy a de-ionising cannister for the hoze now for bike washing. :rolleyes:

2. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Scrubbed in the new tyres on the other half's Bonnie and then took the Speed out to try the new lower seat.
    Not decided if I prefer the lower seat yet. The legs felt very cramped at first, but was used to it by the end of the ride.
    It does make you slide forward in to the tank though compared to the std seat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    I've now finally made it ovet the initial 300 mile running in period and I can now play with another thousand rpm. What a difference! The T100 seems to have come alive and I love it even more. Such a shame I've been so busy in July or I'd have been at this point earlier. Better get the 500 mile service booked in

• Like Like x 1
  4. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    That's very very unfair of your missus. She could at least have bought you one blouse.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    Fitted a Givi Air Flow screen and went for a quick run down the Borders to test it. Absolutely no buffeting at all, managed 170 miles in the dry :eek: (yes I know) with my visor up all the way. 10/10. I now have a standard AND touring screen gathering dust in the cupboard, they'll never be used again. Loving this bike :heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    As my biking career started in the eighties I endured the sh1te electrics of the day and like most I accumulated all sorts of test gear and tools as I swapped out/adapted stators and reg-rec units, found shorts, replaced connectors... They took some finding from the bottom of my toolbox but the kit came in useful to find the switched live on the horn. One piggy back connector and one ring terminal crimped to the live and neutral leads and bingo! I now have a powered sat nav mount.

I would never have thought to try the horn leads without the advice from you lot, and as a bonus the horm mounting bracket bolt made a perfect and very conveniently nearby neutral. Much easier that lifting the tank and going direct to the battery and having an unswitched connection.

• Like Like x 2
  7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Been in the garage to check on my B P O S and see what the problem was with the two breakdowns I had on the way to the Yorkshire pudding rally :(
    Plugged in the OBD reader and because I didn't have my glasses on I couldn't see if the fault showing said generic charge fault or geriatric interface fault :rolleyes:
    Cleaned all the spade fuses and sprayed the fuse box with white electrical grease.....cleared the fault and checked everything was working as it should....it is :)

• Like Like x 7
  8. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Well done Marra, enjoyed your company again at the weekend thanks, :cool:
    As for the problems you've had I personally would put it down to over revving of your bike when severely under the influence of Jack Daniels, Should you correct that fault your way ahead would be SWEET :p:p

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Been out all day on the bike, with 3 other pals. 2 in/on a Ural side car outfit and another on a Moto Guzzi. Blue skies and 30°. Had a brilliant day and a VERY nice lunch - along with all the normal piss-taking !!!!

Thoroughly good time.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Hopefully that's cured the problem, mate.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Hopefully that's cured the problem, mate.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Aye mate it was good to see you again :)
    I had a cracking weekend.....one of the best rallies I've been to for a while :cool:
    Spent a bloody fortune but hey that's what it's for!!!
    Being under the influence of Jack Daniels is not a fault but a way of life :p
    Revving the tits off my bike is a bit like jungle drums....letting others know of my presence so the gathering can commence :grinning:
    Next it's Stormin the Castle 1,2,3rd September
    You gonna be there?? Forgot to give you your pressy what I made for you at work :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Sorry mate cant make stormin, take it easy pal.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  14. Tal

Tal Active Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Milton Keynes
    i booked my first service the day i picked it up because they said it would be a months wait,and there was 650m on the clock when i took it in.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    I`m certain some women think that time stands still when they go into shops. The statement "need to go in here for a sec" should surely mean just that....sadly, it does not. GRRRRRRRR:rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Bought my daughter some brand new gear (jacket, trousers and gloves) for £55... too big really, but better than any gear I had to offer... and she'll grow!

So to celebrate, we did a 80 mile tour round South Cumbria with a little stop at Devils Bridge, Kirkby Lonsdale

IMG_5264.JPG

• Like Like x 16
  17. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Had new mixed weather tyres ( Roadtec MT01's) and heated grips fitted to the Speed, in preparation for the rest of the summer.
    Thankfully I had the foresight to drop the bike off yesterday and will pick it up tomorrow, thereby avoiding the current monsoon ! :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    I remember when my Son started coming out on my triumph RS Sprint.....His crash helmet was the right size but if I braked sharp his neck muscles were not strong enough to prevent his crash helmet & head moving forward & clouting the back of my rather expensive Arai!!!!
    He`s nearly 30 now & i`m certain his neck muscles are stronger now.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Hope it stays that way for the next few days tbl...I`m off to Switzerland tomorrow & may just skim your lovely country for a few hours:cool::cool:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Stayed at the Backpackers hotel (Hostel!) in Rothesay at the weekend, great run down on the saturday and visited some brilliant pubs,the run home was rain all the way, although we were on some of the best roads about so that helped a bit!
    20617133_10211051248890515_5239816003763318921_o.jpg
    Had to take a photo of the Victorian toilets believe it or not it's on trip advisor!!
    20170806_081813.jpg

• Like Like x 12
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  21. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Just had a scary realisation!! I haven't been out on a bike since 2 days after the gmu and Doris hasn't been out the shed for 10 days before that!! will they know my name when I see them again? Will they even recognise me? Will they start???

22. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    They really are magnificent bogs/cludgies.

Now start the preparations for next week's little jaunt.

23. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Got a rare day off and the weather's good. it would have been rude not to go out!
    So I went for a blat to the Departure Lounge, enjoyed a nice breakfast and a nice blat back.
    The Roadtecs are now well scrubbed in...:)

20170811_122035.jpg

• Like Like x 8