Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Got well stuck in to my running-in miles today. Some boring motor race meant I had to stay well clear of one direction I like to head in but I did get as close to it as Banbury (almost) to grab a pic of my new steed beside a silly road sign I bagged a few years ago with my GSX. Oddly though when I got there I found the sign I had previously used has vanished completely but this one at the other end of the road was still there.

[​IMG]Says something... by Trevor Laight, on Flickr

Lunch at H cafe was as usual pretty foul but it stoked the boilers enough to keep me going for another few hours around the Thanes Valley. Will have to head for the coast next time for fish 'n' chips but as it's peak season with all the brats finishing school about now I decided to steer clear for this week..

Feels darn good to finally get out and ride it and see how I get on with a longish ride. Not too sore but the seat is not as comfy as my last Suzuki so I may well be having a chat with Tony Archer or SmartRRRRs seats over the winter to fettle it a bit.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4
  2. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I picked up my ticket yesterday for The Yorkshire pudding Rally so looking forward to a canny weekend beginning of August.
    And I will have sometime to recover in between following the GMU

• Like Like x 5
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Final checks and loading.
    I leave tomorrow for the Grand Meet Up, Im going the long way via Skye down the west coast then Kielder and , then well see Im open on the other end cos Ive got two, weeks off.
    If I post it be on a phone so be forgiving of the predictive text wont you.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Safe riding Sprinter

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    And everyone Safe home

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    See you in helensburgh!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Retired Phil

Retired Phil Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2017
    San Rafael
    Wow. Your X75 is amazing. While I know its history I have never seen one in the States. Today, a Honda cb750, which at the time killed any sales of the X 75 here, is so pedestrian compared to the Triumph. Definitely a keeper mate!

8. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Sounds like a fantastic ride.

Did you plan the ride first and the upload it to the satnav or did you just set off and record where you'd been on the satnav?

9. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Sadly not mine though!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Ride safe, see at the weekend....

• Like Like x 1
  11. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Oh, Rich being Rich I think he planned it then rode it four or five times just to make sure it was a good'un. Changing slightly each time though.

The one thing that didn't change was him stopping in the centre of the road at T junctions, letting the two of us pull up smartly in a line behind him, also down the centre line, then deciding to turn left.

And pulling across the oncoming traffic into a lay by on the right that wasn't where he thought it was, so we were all riding close to the kerb into the traffic.

He probably won't respond as he'll have forgotten his name by now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Today I award myself the Muppet cup, started a bafflectomy that ended up being a parent-less child of the Equus africanus asinus coitus enjoying variety!

I eagerly await the opportunity to do the left side now!

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    There was a post about 12 months ago where someone had made a real neat job of the baffle removal. (No, I'm not taking the piss honestly)
    They used a hole saw and a piece of plastic pipe and broom handle for alignment if I remember correctly.
    Steve Lovatt ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

The post inspired me, I even had a broom handle! The said pigs ear will tidy up! I just hate to leave a job for the night half done an in a mess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Yes, pretty much! It was the closest I could get to saying the bastard son of a donkey-fucker of a job without being rude... but I've seen the post Twat of the week, so I suppose I'll be ok to use it in the future!

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    What the feck am i doing on here,!.....i have a bike to put back together and pack for Thursday !! Oh and I'm suppose to be at work :D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    IMG_20170718_151011656.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  18. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    You've had a cracking couple of days Sprinter:) I hope you took the obligatory picture of your bike with Eilean Donan in the background!

• Like Like x 1
  19. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Today I have been mostly rescuing a right sided pigs ear into a reasonably neat right sided bafflectomy courtesy of a newly acquired dremmel... don't tell the Mrs!!! Looking forward to attempting the left side over the coming days

• Like Like x 2
  20. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Bike back together, semi packed , just have to finish loading her up tonight. Raining here today Giving high risk of thunderstorms until 6am tomorrow morning, hope that will be the end of them:cold_sweat:

• Like Like x 2