Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Have done nothing on mine for over 2weeks IMG_2676.GIF . And it's gonna be at least another week
    IMG_2675.GIF

2. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    I want to do something similar BUT I want to put the bike in the trailer...
    Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    I decided to take the covers off my bike today and clean off all the silicone oil i covered it in for winter. Well after a couple of hours I've not finished 1 side or done the wheels, I guess it's going to take a few hours every day next week and I probably still won't be happy with it. Hopefully by winter it will look better than new ready for covering in oil again and so the cycle goes. On a positive my Mrs said I can buy a trailer and take the bike on holiday with us this year so I've got 3 weeks off July/August let's hope it's dry.
    Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Been to my local dealers for my Thunderbird LT service. All went ok even if it did take over two hours. Still had a wander around all the bikes on offer sat on a few and then went into the accessories shop. Bought some new summer gloves, so all in all a good day out. oh! and enjoyed the ride the long way home.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 4
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Looks just the ticket. I'm sure it will make touring a lot easier :):) Enjoy.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi Tez
    Got your PM mate cheers
    Can't seem to reply to you on there
    But I'm gonna make one!

7. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Thanks DD, Your not far wrong marra, but ya naw me to well noo !!! I'm a canny lad and tend to wangle things on the cheap side its how I roll mate, its how I've had to be, to be honest :p:p:p

• Like Like x 2
  8. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    WHAT A PM lol its easy ha ha
    Sorry couldnt resist :p:p

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Does this mean that the 'slab rack' will be made redundant?

10. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Fair play to you Tez, not my thing for biking but you did issue a BIG warning.
    A good basic practical bit of kit and the neat little trailer looks well with your bike, well done mate.
    Do you declare it to your insurance or shouldn't I ask ?
    Is there any legal specifications required for size of brackets, fixings etc ?

11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Eventually it will
    Depends how long to make a tow bar and trailer
    Don't hold your breath though

• Like Like x 1
  12. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Slab racks look good on top of trailers too, :cool::cool:
    Always room for another slab or two

• Like Like x 2
  13. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #5093 TEZ 217, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Of course you should ask, dont mind at all giving anyone advice or help, Reckon its always best to tell insurance companies everything they need to know - cos the feckers will shaft you mega quick if the time comes for them to pay out, I know through experience that they record all conversations !!!
    Yes mate my insurance was due for renewal, I declared it to my insurance and they made a note of it, phoned up to accept there price and renew my policy and again mentioned and had them check and they convinced me it was all noted and good to go,
    Obviously there is legal requirements for the engineering and code welding etc but more so for the actual trailer weight and dimensions you are allowed to tow,
    UK Legal Requirements for Trailers.
    Solo motorcycles with an engine size of 125cc or more are allowed to tow small trailers. Both the motorbike and trailer must be clearly and permanently marked with its 'kerbside weight'. (Kerbside weight is the weight of the vehicle without passengers or any load but with a full tank of fuel and filled up with the necessary oils, water and fluids). The trailer must be no more than 1 metre wide and must be clearly and permanently marked with its unladen weight. When hitched, the distance between the end of the trailer and the rear axle of the motorbike must be no more than 2.5 metres. When the trailer is loaded it must weigh no more than 150kg or two-thirds of the kerbside weight of the motorbike - whichever is the lighter.
    My trailer was made by a uk company called Freewheel UK, made specifically for motorcycle towing, I actually have two as shown on my gallery the Pullman (as shown on the Tbird) and the larger international (as seen on the trike )

• Like Like x 3
  14. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Great information Tez.
    Thanks for that.

• Like Like x 2
  15. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Hey TEZ, someone else with common sense ! Good to see another Triumph afficianado who tows, so many rubbish trailers and towing on bikes, they make so much sense and the bike stays So Ridable when loaded with far more than you can load ON the bike.

Cheers capt.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Trailer! Oh no, my wife's seen that, and mumbling about a kitchen sink..dog's looking expectant too, what have you started. Suppose I'll have to find a couple of tie wraps and a bit of string :eek: That's a really nice paint job by the way Tez :)

• Like Like x 4
  17. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Collected my Speed triple 2016 R yesterday morning, (paid the £350 excess). It's like new so very happy
    Unfortuately the tank was empty and had to travel 5 miles on the motorway with zero miles left in the tank according to the display, that was a tad worrying. The dealer said the display would recalibrate and show half a tank after a mile or so with a few gear changes which triggers the reset...it didn't, the tank was empty even though it was over half full when it arrived!

I had accumilated a collection of accessories over the last few weeks to put on so got to work straight away
    - Tail pack 12-15 litres
    - Evotech clutch and brake lever
    - R&G shock tube
    - Tank pad
    - Smoked fly screen

Still to put on is the Evotech tail tidy
    Awaiting delivery of knee tank pads
    Still to source a Screaming Banshee horn - preferably the split system but difficult to find now they are discontinued
    Also upgrade the standard horn to something more meaty
    The standard exhausts need replacing to release the lovely sound of the triplets

So glad to have it back, I felt like I did when I first colleted it a month ago before the crash

• Like Like x 7
  18. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Good to hear you've got the bike back and are happy with it. Now that you've got it back, take it easy and be mindful to look ahead and have situational awareness. Treat other road users as if they have not seen you.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hogster

Hogster Active Member

May 12, 2016
    Devon
    Had the Bonnies final service before the warranty runs out next week, £208:eek: but at least it was given a health check and all was well, which gives a bit of peace of mind when you have remapped, modded the air intake, taken of the SAI & removed the 02 sensors. Also had an hour on test riding the Thruxton R, nice but actually showed me I am more than happy with the Bonneville at this stage. Next move will be a Tiger to replace my old Diversion and do my own service next year!
    Did buy a pair of new Triumph Journey gloves whilst up there which are great compared to the bagged out Dainase ones that are only now fit for gardening!!

• Like Like x 4
  20. WesSmith

WesSmith Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Hastings, East Sussex
    Great to hear you got your bike back Red Thunder.

Be interested to know what difference you feel the fly screen makes.