Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Fitted 20mm risers to the Speed today.:)
    Thanks to work, I probably won't be able to try them until the weekend :(
    But the weekend forecast looks good :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Hi JTD i am unable to send you a PM re my email address for paypal..can you send me one..Cheers

3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Aye bloody typical weather looks good here as well
    Last weekend I was out camping with my bike in Yorkshire
    Froze my nuts off!

4. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    My next assignment for my lunacy degree, involved me trying to get the pistons off the con rods without another Triumph Special tool. Wouldn't just knock out (obvious I know) but was wondering how to get the whole bike in the AGA to warm pistons up. Then , a flash of idiocy, boil kettle pour in bowl, soak a correctly sized rag, and wrap around piston, 2nd degree burns ringing water out before wrappin piston really did help unstick my fingers from superglue achieved earlier in the day puttin a new capacitor on the tumble dryer (saved buying a new machine so would fail said degree). It worked a treat pistons off. Then wife walked past as they do and simply said why didn't you use hair dryer? What for I thought, I'm bald..stupid girl..

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    I'm going to sneak up on the Bonnie today whilst it's still sleepin and give it a good thrashin even with heavily bandaged hands. Then having done valve timing (I think 4.17pm is a good time), put timing cover back on with sticky stuff 14 gaskets and 3 wishes. I think my pal has recovered enuff from Laffin to try and keep a straight face. Can't blame him tho he was brought up on Hondas.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    Not today, but 3 days ago. Got sick of the unsightly, noisy, rusty, and slightly worrying state of my 6-month old front sprocket. So, out with the old and rusty:

IMG_2388.JPG

A night's sleep in WD-40, then sand paper (and a healthy dose of elbow grease), followed by heat treatment and copper brushing. Finally, in with the still old but clean:

IMG_2394.JPG
    (let's see how long that lasts now!)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    beautiful day, so decided to take a run up past "Queens view" and round Loch Rannoch and home via Aberfeldy
    Photo looking over Dunalastar resorvoir and loch Rannoch in the distance
    P1020904.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    your'e not allowed to say that four lettered word on here! got w*** tomorrow :(

• Like Like x 2
  9. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    GRRR! look at them blue skies, last week i was in horizontal blizzards up there

• Like Like x 2
  10. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    You know Dougie, you're a really nice guy. But every now and then you post these pictures of where you've been riding and you really piss me off. It's just NOT fair.;);)

• Like Like x 5
  11. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Have to agree with you Jez..i didn't want to say!!;).Mountains, Lochs, Fantastic roads,Sunshine;)!! and ideally located so i can have a days run anywhere in Scotland..don't think i would want to live anywhere else..well maybe Spain in the winter;)

• Like Like x 5
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Let's all move up there!
    Hee hee bring the crayons

• Like Like x 1
  13. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Irelands not bad either
    upload_2017-5-4_13-53-11.jpeg upload_2017-5-4_13-53-25.jpeg [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:D:D

• Like Like x 7
  14. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Scotland as it really is!!
    IMG_2604.JPG IMG_2620.JPG

IMG_2604.JPG

IMG_2620.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  15. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    That's what it will be like in July for the GMU!

• Like Like x 3
  16. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Took the Tiger to the Kenny to get a ticket for the League Two play-off home leg. To be honest the view doesn't compare to Scotland in any weather!

Then took the Street Cup out for an hour round the lanes to Rushden and back. She was in second gear most of the way and boy was it fabulous. What a great bike!

• Like Like x 2
  17. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #5075 TEZ 217, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
    WARNING NOT TO EVERYONE'S TASTE, BUT MEETS MY REQUIREMENTS
    Been busy doing this last few weeks, realise not to everyone's taste but meets my requirements when attending local rally's, its much easier to buy ya beer from the supermarket and makes the Sunday pack-up much less hassle.
    DSC00859 (2).JPG DSC00859 (2).JPG DSC00861.JPG DSC00856 (3).JPG DSC00859 (2).JPG DSC00861.JPG DSC00856 (3).JPG DSC00853.JPG

EASY REMOVABLE WHEN OR IF NOT REQUIRED. (HONEST)
    (even harness is on a plug under seat, so no issues on or off )

DSC00853.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  18. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Looks alright to me Tez. I know you like your trailers

• Like Like x 1
  19. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Finally got new tyres fitted to my Speedmaster ...... Avon Cobra on the rear and Avon Roadrider on the front.

• Like Like x 2
  20. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi Tez
    Did you make it yourself?

21. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    No doubt it will be! Usually the sunny day comes in early August but this year it's come in may, that's global warming for you!!

22. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Yes I designed it and would normally go on to make it "BUT" - having tried a few different ways this one allowed the greatest clearance around the swingarm so bent my own former and took it to a local engineering shop for him to bend my shape in a much thicker metal we went on to carry on my design between us and I got him to weld it all and powder coat it for me. Very pleased with it, it was all in one piece originally but it was awkward to fit, so had the down supports cut off and lugs made to bolt them on making it extremely easy to fit and quick to remove, (hence the chrome dome nuts)
    I also tapped into the plug pins on the rear harness to create my own removable plug on the trailer electrics, only change to make was to use led's on the trailers indicators as draw was to heavy.

Made a few in the past on some of my Bikes and Trikes (see gallery)

• Like Like x 3
  23. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Spot on mate!
    The reason I ask is a mate at work has one fitted to his B#W
    But said that you're not allowed to make your own
    He had to get one made to order by someone in Norwich I think
    It's something I can do for myself and make a trailer as well