Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I've heard people say they prefer their classics to be used and look that way others prefer them to be pristine and trailer them to shows! And some inbetweeners. Could be a market for spray on rust which you can wash off after a show! Bit like spray on mud you can get for range rovers:D

• Like Like x 4
  2. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Like buying 'distressed' brand new furniture and new jeans with holes in. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    They gave me a nice slate coaster.
    20170417_114639.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That's cool matey !!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Hi Havit, the only thing about modern restorations..... is the paint...... it's too good nowadays ! But I still like to see new paint !! I'm like you do it up only then use it too !

I had a 1942 BSA M20, I didn't restore it from the ground up , as parts here in OZ were either crap modern copies or far too expensive ! I bought it as a none runner, sorted carburetor and magneto. Both were inoperative, then gradually straightened and repaired things. Bought it for $3,000 non goer and sold it for $6,000. Buyer offered the price I informed him of my buy price, so he got what he wanted ! He has now put it back to full military fitment, I bought it in civilian dress. I got everything working ! It had light's but non operational, fixed generator and regulator, fully restored girder forks and new bearings in everything except motor.
    So you might say I did most of the hard yards he just painted it and found the missing pieces !

Cheers capt.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I like to make my bikes my own. Modifications and changes. I also treat my bikes well. It's never going to be showroom example especially as I brought it as a " barn find" and it's been knocked about a bit. I have worked hard to get her where she is and if other people get pleasure out of looking at her as I do then that's good enough for me.
    The show covered a lot of different bikes from racers to flat tanks .The public in general just loved all bikes, others were just interested in either the sports bikes or the post war bikes. Each to there own.
    But overall bikers are bikers and will talk bikes all day long. I wasn't there to win prizes. I just loved chatting to lads with the same interest in messing and playing with there bikes.:)

• Like Like x 6
  7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    That's a "blinking" nightmare :oops::D

• Like Like x 2
  8. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    One sec there working then there not then they are then not then are then not then are then not then are then not then are then not .......:oops::D:D

• Like Like x 2
  9. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Yeah it's one of those " on again off again " jobs that seem to complicate life time and again,
    ;);) ;);) :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  10. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Did 430 miles over the weekend, so the Speed is virtually run in now.
    Should be getting the quickshifter and belly pan added at the first service and, after Mondays ride, maybe some heated grips !

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    For me it is about riding the bikes; yes I like to keep them well, but not at the expense of not having the motor running and the wheels turning.
    I have a mate who has restored a few bikes, spent a lot of money doing it. Yes he rode them but only when it was dry as he was frightened to get them dirty. Have to agree that a restored bike will always attract attention to those like minded bikers and Joe public who know nothing about bikes. But equally a good lokking modern bike will get similar attention. Just my view.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Went for a short 50 mile bimble on the street twin today. Stopped at Broxton for a burger and cup of tea. Bit chilly early on but improved as the day progressed.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
  13. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    I did nothing...

FullSizeRender.jpg

...just staring at her... :)

• Like Like x 7
  14. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    All the colour seems to have drained out of her! What's wrong with her?

15. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    She went to a casting for the new movie 'Aces of Yesteryear'
    :)
    They said: Come without makeup! :D

• Like Like x 2
  16. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
  17. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    #4957 Winglad, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    View attachment 15957
    You know Jez,
    I just got myself a new car...
    IMG_2232.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Took pen to the Dr's . Rode up to Nass .
    Pissed down all the way up there :mad:. Got her sorted :):) Then rode her back ......in the pissing rain again:mad:.but at least she's purring :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Yeah do tell all, what was it that ailed her ?? Do tell us we await tearfully , hence the rain... It was us crying for joy you are back together in full health ! :p

• Like Like x 2
  20. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Just look at that sky!
    I am gone :)
    CU all later...
    IMG_0589.JPG

• Like Like x 2