Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Agreed, but not as slow as it was. :)...
    Although I suspect fork height has a greater effect than rear ride height on handling. In any case that's as low as it can go, fork diameter changes past that.

2. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Me too!
    Didn't mention the....
    LED indicators, front & rear anodised brake reservoirs, brake & clutch levers, etc, etc......
    They all went on at Christmas. :rolleyes:
    Just left messing with the forks till new tyres went on. :)

3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Thats reads a good bit of kit and sensibly priced, thanks for sharing :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    took my tiger to work today, up norf lunnon! stopped for s cuppa
    IMG_2525.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Thinking about mine while on the train back from London

Curly

6. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Took the missus out on the tiger for lunch today. Took a scenic route of just over an hour. When we got there she was complaining of a numb bum! I have the gel comfort seat and she ain't lacking in natural padding!:eek::eek: What else can be done as we want to do a few rides this year. For the moment a rubber ring will be a last resort before you mention it!

7. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    You take the Tiger and she takes Doris? o_O
    (on a second thought, maybe a rubber ring is a less outrageous proposition)

8. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    The cushion or the wife? :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  9. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Mischa you dice with death!!:

• Like Like x 1
  10. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Mate! I don't want to knock my wife's figure too much but I think she needs more on than that:(

• Like Like x 1
  11. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Revisited Rutland Water, the scene of Rich's mishap last Sunday ...

• Like Like x 4
  12. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    That was funny:D,you could make a few bob sending that in to you've been framed;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Took the other half out for a run today,her first this year,when we stopped off after about an hour or so for a coffee and she was complaining that it was too cold:rolleyes:, i thought the weather wasn't too bad but she's a bit of a cauld tattie so we about turned and went home :( i'll just have to go out on my own until the cozy weather arrives:D:D:D

14. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Went in the garage and sat there looking at my newest arrival, the Speed Triple R (new model with the 5 rider modes) in grey and red
    Working out where things are such as the tool kit under the seat, how to adjust the suspension, finding the battery. Oh, and installing a GPS tracker.
    Then a few hours on Worldoftriumph for official accessories, but when it reached £600 i took a step back and thought this is going to far north of reason.
    I will be talking to the insurers tomorrow to agree a final figure on my written off 2010 speed triple. I want to reclaim some of the stuff on there such as the Scottoiler and exhaust cans (replace with the Arrows they came with the bike) as i prefer my Pipewerx carbons.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I would just change them now, Once insurance agree to a figure then off to salvage it goes dont hang around,
    had a 3 series BM broken into made a mess of electrics etc. recovered to local garage next minute I know its gone in a low loader to a salvage company down the country, together with what was ever in my boot as I couldnt get into it due to electrics, I still wonder what was in there !!!! (the garage knew about my situation, but still let it go so long as there bill was paid)

16. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Another great day out on the bikes, food stop at the Horton Inn as plenty of parking and great food. horton inn.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Me Hose came and its bent i'm glad to say;):D:D:D

18. Yaya rider

Yaya rider Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Essex
    Weather was lovely. Never been to Finchenfield before, so I stuck it in the sat nav, set it to twisty roads and followed the lovely lady's sultry voice! I dragged my dad along with me, as we're doing Brands next Monday, and need to get some miles under our belt. I was on my CBR 600 F1 and he was on his 1998 Blade.

Found some lovely twisties with no cars on them. Sat nav also took me down some grather gravely one lane roads, which we're not as much fun! Pulled in to get some petrol in Ongar after giving it one or two beans, 30 secs later, 3 police bikes go past from where I had been.......I wasn't pushing it that hard as I don't like to, but still!

Had a lovely little break at the tea hut, and then headed back home. Took as few piccies for you all, couple of triumphs in there. (I really need to get a new zort, the stock one looks massive on my bike!!!) IMG_5407.JPG IMG_5408.JPG IMG_5409.JPG IMG_5410.JPG IMG_5411.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  19. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    I agree with your missus too Dougie.... was really cold yesterday. I stopped off at the very busy Green Welly for a truly disgusting hotdog and coffee (£6.59) to try and warm up. No idea what the temp was (Street Twin doesn't have a guage) but it didn't really heat up until I got back home around 5.30 pm.

20. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i imagine the Green welly would have been really busy at the weekend,we headed up Montrose direction yesterday, when we were leaving blair we saw loads of bikes heading up the Glenshee road..Hungry Highlander in Braemar would have been Happy!

21. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    Yes limited parking spaces even for bikes. Was good to see everyone out though.