Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Early start and breakfast at the Needle's Eye cafe Milford on Sea this morning.
    2017-03-25 09.55.04.jpg 2017-03-25 13.22.44.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  2. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Just got back from a ride to Ladybower and over the snake pass in glorious sunshine.

I was enjoying the ride so much I never even stopped to take pictures. Only time I got off the bike was to fill the tank on the A6 near Matlock.

• Like Like x 4
  3. John Will

John Will Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Bury St Edmunds.
    Filled up with fuel then went and crossed over the Suffolk Essex border through Finchinfield working on a loop so as to not back track. 80 miles done and the fuel gauge telling me still has a range of 140 miles, nice one. Shall be able to go and get my third set of clocks and get a ride in, bet it rains as usual when going to the dealers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Been over the Snake myself today though I was on the Bandit. Glorious weather.

• Like Like x 1
  5. anthony gothard

anthony gothard Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2016
    lancashire uk
    got my speed 94r finally finished with the upgrades, as previously stated the frame infills were a pain in the butt.
    Just started on the yamaha too.....never ending IMAG0348.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Went for bimble on the street twin today. Called in at J&S near Delamere Forest on the way home and had a chat with a couple of like minded Triumph owners. Lovely weather so used the open face helmet and kevlar jeans - better weather is on the way, yippee.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 2
  7. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Removed the bike from its vacuum bag, very impressed, no sign of any condensation problems whatsoever, came out exactly as it went in!
    Unfortunately the bike is sorned and battery not yet re-united with it so despite the fantastic weather couldn't take it for the spin I so so wanted to.
    Roll on April 1st.

Curly

• Like Like x 3
  8. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    I'd like to know more about the vacuum bag. I've heard of them, but not any reviews from someone who has used one.......

• Like Like x 1
  9. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Well it's a really simple thing, a huge heavy grade plastic bag that the bike goes in with a bag of silica gel and after pushing out as much air as possible you cable tie the open end end closed.
    It cost about £45 and as I was storing my Bonneville in a weatherproof but not sealed shed, I thought I'd give it a try, I have to say that I was very, very impressed when I opened it up and got the bike out, not even the slightest hint of dampness or corrosion, money well spent, and I'll certainly re-use it next winter.
    Hope this helps Scoot65?

Curly

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Vacuum bags are brilliant. I have a boat and part of the procedure for winterising her is to put all the bedding and soft furnishings into vacuum bags. It means that all the bagged stuff can stay on the boat and doesn't get damp.

People who don't use vacuum bags have to take all their stuff home to keep it warm, dry and fresh which means if they want to use the boat in the winter months they have to transport everything back and forth.

All I have to do is get it out of the bags and at the end of the weekend, or however long I'm on the boat for, put it all back and pump the air out.

Even after months in storage everything comes out of the bags dry, fresh and ready to use. Just like Curly's bike. You remove the air and hence the moisture so there's no corrosion or in my case damp or mouldy bedding.

As it happens I'm off to the marina in the morning to use the boat for the first time since I stayed on board on New Years Eve. In an hour or everything will be in unpacked and ready to use.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I have been letting a guy I used to work with store his, WK 125 2013, in my lock up. He bought the bike did 400 miles, got its last warranty service then parked it, The bike hasnt moved since Jan 2014. He sold it to the young lad at his work and so I got a text,can he pick it up?
    Last night I charged the battery, it went to 'save' straight away then after an hour it charged, all last night. He came round tonight and we tried to start it... he sprayed some brake cleaner into the air intake, and ... off she went.
    Ran fine no issues, he said she feels smooth and true..who knew?

12. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    This might be for the good to know thread! Let the bike cool down before you put it in though!

13. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Sunny day...
    went out to play :)

IMG_2178.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  14. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Sun's up, sky is blue - I'm off out and so are you :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 4
  15. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    NO IM NOT!!!:mad::mad::mad:

16. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Just got back after a beautiful bimble. 100kms of lakes, forests, pretty villages - biking at it's best for me today.

Sorry Steve :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I wish, had all my family over for mothers day. Three generations of mothers, my two lads and six grand children to feed and water for the day. Still was nice to see all the grand children enjoying the sun in the garden; its been a long time since we have been able to sit outside.
    Still weather should hold for tomorrow, so I will get ride then.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 3
  18. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    visited the new Triumph showroom in Glasgow then Had a brilliant run up the west coast with Lou,weather was great too:) put a few pics up in the speed triple thread;)

• Like Like x 3
  19. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Figwold and I went over to Rutland Water on the back roads via Fotheringhay in the Rose of the Counties (Mary Queen of Scots prison and birthplace of Richard III), and Harringworth Viaduct. Then over to Market Harboro on the brilliant biker road B6047, and home, mainly country lanes. Met some suicidal wildlife and a kamikaze cyclist, and helped (well tried to) a fellow two-wheeler in distress.

• Like Like x 7
  20. WesSmith

WesSmith Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Hastings, East Sussex
    Rode to Rykas cafe at Bexhill for brunch with my son on his B*w
    That's over 500 miles done now, ready for the first service this Tuesday

• Like Like x 1
  21. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Thanks for the nice 'breakfast-video', Rich.
    Checked out the viaduct on sat-maps. Great to be able to 'travel' nowadays without leaving your home!
    But it will be even greater to hop on my bike again later :)

22. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    I enjoyed the video. It has prompted me to sort out getting a camera of some sort.

I was out round the Peak District and have no record of it. I had the phone with me but getting it out when you're in your bike gear is such a faff I didn't bother so have no pictures. At least with a helmet cam I'd have some record of where I'd been and what I'd been looking at.

As a bonus that would include the three idiots who tried to kill me, all of them close to home. One who pulled out of a drive on the right and sped off in front of me, one who was parked and just pulled out and drove off and one who pulled out of a side road on the right. The latter even managed to throw an empty crisp packet out of the drivers side window as he did it.

I'm relieved that I have decent brakes thanks to the EBC HH pads I recently fitted as all three required some hard braking.

• Like Like x 1