Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Hey Rich,

is this the same company that now builts the Ariel Atom? Or did someone buy the name?

2. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
  3. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    No, Ariel Motor Company Ltd is a fairly new small-scale venture. Ariel Motors name is owned by the Ariel Owners Motorcycle Club. I reckon it's registered name infringement but I guess AOMCC didn't have the funds to employ a trademark lawyer to stop it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Though I could be wrong there, because the Ariel Ace motorcycle does appear in the wiki list of Ariel marque bikes.

5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Loved my new suspension set up then washed up and home :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

6. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    #4466 MickEng, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    I know it's a bit late now for Crispey, but anyone else planning to remove the plastic stone guards from the forks this tip may help, gently tap the plastic guards upwards with a wooden or soft plastic bladed 'chisel' while the forks are still in situ, it saves fumbling about with the fork once they have been removed.
    I removed the fork legs one at a time making an exact note of the position height wise within the yoke and used the front spindle for re-alignment with the 'untouched' fork leg.
    If your fork oil needs changing or you are upgrading your springs, no better time to do it while the forks are out. Again slacken the top nut while the fork is still clamped within the yoke.

• Like Like x 1
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Must admit I used wood( I'll expect the usual abuse) there you go double bubble!! But there was still a slight scrape. But I had removed the forks which Probably made things harder

8. KONeill

KONeill New Member

Hey guys!

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on a seat cowel for my 07 speed triple. Just looking black, no fancy carbon fibre. eBay was a bust.

Cheers!

9. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    • Like Like x 1
  10. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Took my Doris out shoe shopping this morning
    While she was having them fitted I had do do something
    IMG_2432.JPG
    Happy me, happy Doris
    IMG_2437.JPG IMG_2436.JPG
    Did feel like I was riding on banana skins on the way home though!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Went up the Bike shed today in Old street, Hoxton (London)
    They had some beautiful bikes up there including a very tasty SR400 YAM for a mere £8000.
    A couple of nice new Thruccy`s too....One standard, one customised up a bit.
    If only their damn food wasnt so bloody expensive, I`d spend a lot longer in the cafe/bar area. (Small rant)
    If your over that way, go in & have a gander, there is definitely some electric atmosphere in there & some nice clobber & bike metal of course .....;);)

12. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Hacked the ice off the garage door today and dispersed the polar bears which have been raiding the bins all winter (it's grim up north) and took Trixie out for her first ride of the year. Went to the MOT garage that I always use because they are bikers and fair. A round trip of about twelve miles. Trixie passed with flying colours and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Looking forward to the next ride out but heavy rain, snow, gales and colder temperatures forecasted for the next few days so maybe stay in the garage and crack on with the CB250 rebuild.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I see they are naming storms after her now ;):)

• Like Like x 1
  14. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    keep meaning to go there, I will one day

15. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Doris is set to cause problems :D

16. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #4476 Rich Bryce, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Figwold and I rode over to Pure Triumph Woburn this morning, me on my Tiger, figwold on his Street Cup to get it's 500 mile service. So we each took out a demo bike out. Me on a T120 Black, cuz it's on my immediate shopping list, figwold on a Tiger XCx. I mean, after all he did go over with the intention of hooliganing it on a Speed Triple (go figure).

Having again sat on a Thruxton R I concluded it's certainly a looker but the high set-back pegs would play havoc with my arthritis, so the T120 is the likeliest bet if I do upgrade from the Street Twin, which I'm 99.99% certain I will. We spent a good hour or more wending our way over to Barton and Sundon Hills, through Luton and Woburn Park. All very nice and enjoyable. Anyway, I have to say the Street Twin is by far the more agile and flickable bike, although the T120 is certainly by no means unhappy on those narrow country lanes, but the looks and that 1200 engine make the T120 a definite got-to-have. Question now is colour. Slate grey Black edition I reckon. I'm gonna try the Bobber on for size before making a final decision.

Oh, and before we left, figwold bought a brand new top of the range XCa in Lucerne Blue with panniers thrown in!! Now Triumph don't do the XCa in blue, so Pure Triumph are going to swap over the body parts from a blue XCx.

Talk about addictions.

I can just imagine the conversation with swmbo over dinner tonight at the figwold's.

Figwold: So honey, me and Rich were in Woburn today. He's going to buy a new bike.
    MrsFigwod: He's already got five.
    Figwold: Yeah, but he's getting rid of some ... (slight pause) ... Just a thought my dear, if you were buying a bike would you choose boring white or a really classy blue?
    MrsFigwold: Hmmm, why do you ask?
    Figwold: Wellllll ....

Got soaked on the way home. Bloody Doris.
    WP_20170222_12_04_27_Pro.jpg WP_20170222_12_05_34_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  17. KONeill

KONeill New Member

18. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Almost enough I reckon mate.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  20. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    I almost choked reading that Rich! I know we had agreed that the best tactic was to say nothing and just park the bike in the garage next week, but my nerves got the better of me so I decided a clean breast was in order. And that is almost how the conversation went, except that I started by saying I had bought another bike, and explained why, and all seemed to be going (relatively) well until she said ...

...how many more are you going to get? After all that Rich has got five and you said he's looking at another one ...!

Dumbstruck

• Like Like x 1