Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. jezzasnr

jezzasnr Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Cornwall
    It's been so long I'm looking on it as a bit of a barn find!
    Was clearing a few bits and pieces out in one of the barns and the s3x was just sat there looking a bit sad for it self, so I thought I owed it a bit of attention.
    Dragged it out into the sunshine, gave it a wash down, polish and lube. A pleasant couple of hours. Just made me want to get out in it, but the roads that lead to the farm are covered in a couple inches of assorted shite & mud. Nice to know it's tucked away clean & ready to go.

2. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    After a bit of an unsatisfying experience with a first set of rear shocks from TEC, George was super helpful and traded them for softer springs (I tend to ride solo and am not particularly heavy). I also took the opportunity and got longer shocks, as I am 6ft tall.

The new ones certainly do the trick, although I still believe that the upgrade on the front to progressive springs makes a much bigger difference. The change in height is a godsend, however. The Bonnie feels like a new bike, far more adequate for me. I do have a (first world) problem now, however: as you can see on the photo, my central stand no longer lifts the rear wheel off the ground!

Nothing that a plank of wood won't solve, but I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem.

IMG_2179.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kev06

Kev06 Active Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Scotland
    Just an observation but your rear shocks should be swapped- piggy bag faces rear.

No offence meant

4. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    I did, actually. The instructions claim they can be mounted in any way, which makes sense - it's just gas under pressure there, it doesn't really matter which way they're facing. I've tried all positions, and seem to like this one - shows off a bit more of the rear wheel (yes I know I need to tidy up that rear fender then, and get shorter pipes, but it's all a work in progress!).

I'm giving this position a go, I can always swap them around at any stage anyway, it's a 10min job.

• Like Like x 4
  5. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    I like your answer and it is your choice but be prepared for people telling you they are the wrong way round.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    I didn't actually go on the bike because I had my grandsons with me, but anyone looking for a cracking day out, I visited the National Coal Mining Museum near Wakefield yesterday.
    £3 per person to go on the 1 hour underground tour which is led by ex miners with that brilliant 'lads' sense of humour. Keep your brass fob and it admits you free for life, no charge for the grounds which are marvellous in themselves with exhibitions, steam engine room etc. etc.
    If you have not been put it on your list, absolutely brilliant!
    Oh! and my grandsons loved it too!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    That's shocking :eek::D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Some things don't change !
    Remember having a lot of discussions about which way was the correct for the Marzocchi shocks on my GS1000 about 30 odd years ago :D

9. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Bouncing with joy now though!

• Like Like x 1
  10. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    No! That's shocking.!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    [​IMG]

12. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Collected my ex-demo Tiger 800 from Pure Triumph this morning, an met up with Privateer there with his Street Twin. Later on rode it over to Northampton the long way round with figwold. I guess I shouldn't embarrass him by mentioning that we were visiting the BMW dealer there so he could sit on a few and arrange test rides on some with a view to his second bike, so I won't mention it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    now spring is in the air:D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    No worries, BMW only make barges. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    IN COMMING!!!!:eek::eek::D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  16. mentalist

mentalist Active Member

Sep 28, 2016
    wigan
    I'd like to have done something on my Triumph today, but working away, so I did the next best thing and ordered a new oem alloy chain guard, from the factory online shop ;-)
    Something else to get delivered and wind up the missus.

• Like Like x 3
  17. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    I wouldn't mention it either Rich in case it affects my thought process ...or SWMBO finds out ahead of time (I'm assuming it's pretty much impossible to hide it for ever but if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

I have an idea put the bike in my name:p

• Like Like x 4
  19. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Bloody cold today but the roads were dry so worth getting the Bonnie out.
    Lunch for one at The Haven after a good run through Hampshire and into Wiltshire.

2017-02-09 13.59.47.jpg 2017-02-09 14.15.47.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  20. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Ee by eck lad, that plater grub looks bloody good !

• Like Like x 1