Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kev06

Kev06 Active Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Scotland
    I was suprised at them being plastic but he assured me it was fine - maybe I trust people too easily

Just fitted springs this afternoon and cut spacer 30mm. When i get wheels back from Central Wheel Components ill post some pics of bike.

IMG_2592.JPG

IMG_2590.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Well folks today I got round to opening my xmas present to find a carbon clock surround and a carbon tail unit thingy for the wasp.

An hour later and here is the result. Trouble is, all this carbon makes them plastic headlight bowls look uber shite...
    IMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG

That's right, I have sprayed all the silver bolt heads black. Sad, but I think it proper finishes things off really well.

Anyway, saving for the headlight bowls now.

Oh, and those nice people at conquest sent me a free mug!!!

Atb for the new year everyone.

Bob

• Like Like x 5
  3. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Good work Kev,
    I am sure the plastic they have chosen is okay, it just seems a strange choice of material when the springs obviously put the spacer under serious compression particularly when heavy braking.
    The plastic also needs to be totally resistant to any deterioration from oil contact.
    I was surprised when fitting my new springs that they were only 15mm longer than the OEM springs, but the difference when riding is very noticeable smoothing out the pot holes and bumps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    #4224 MickEng, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    8 deg. C and a reasonable dry forecast, so I had a trip out to Malham in North Yorkshire.
    Believe it or not on my 80 mile round trip I only saw 4 bikes all day, one of which was at the same cafe in Malham, a new Triumph speed triple if I was not mistaken, had a chat with the couple who were on it and then back home before it was too dark.
    Serious bike clean tomorrow, I can't believe how shittened up the bike got to say the roads were virtually dry.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Popped over to Pure Triumph Woburn at lunchtime with mate Paul to meet Martin aka figwold who was picking up his first ever bike, a new yellow Street Cup, then took the scenic route back to his in the fog. I videoed the ride so will edit
    and post later.
    Martin's Street Cup.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  6. anthony gothard

anthony gothard Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2016
    lancashire uk
    What you like ?
    Looking very dapper though, notordered any for mine as yet....... get saving for the wheels too

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    That's right, I have sprayed all the silver bolt heads black. Sad, but I think it proper finishes things off really well.

Anyway, saving for the headlight bowls now.

Oh, and those nice people at conquest sent me a free mug!!!

Atb for the new year everyone.

Bob[/QUOTE]

:):) Have I asked you before what you use to get that shine,Wasp.:):)

8. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Watch this space. Pity the fog made visibility so $h!t. And notice how we hardy folk in Bedfordshire ride bare handed.

9. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    One of my favourite places in the world.
    On your next visit to Malham, go to Gordale Scar and Janet's Foss all within walking distance of the village centre and cove.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Check out Malham Tarn too, it's our highest limestone lake, iirc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK

:):) Have I asked you before what you use to get that shine,Wasp.:):)[/QUOTE]

You haven't, but it's standard polish, and waaaaaayyyyyyy too much time sat in the garage looking at it instead of riding it. Well, that and the fact it is that gorgeous racing yellow, which as you all know is the mutz.

ATB

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #4232 Rich Bryce, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    Bikerman said:
    3 happy chappies too. Be nice to see the video too.
    First studio cut. Director's cut later.

• Like Like x 2
  13. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    Well after nearly coming a cropper yesterday and putting the T100 into the kerb, I had a good look at the front wheel for any obvious damage. Then took it round to local mechanic who then checked the wheel rim for true and thankfully all was okay. I can only think I hit a patch of black ice combined with a wet road and bloody dense fog, my ass did the old sixpence half crown action and my life passed before my eyes lol. Just happy that the bike is okay and my heart rate has returned to normal.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Took off the down pipes a few days ago for two reasons.

a. to clean them.

b. cos there are so many horror stories. (thought to get ahead of the game)

Two of the studs came off with the bolts, I ordered new bolts and studs and fitted them today, one of the holes did'nt want to take the stud in ,so I had to tap the hole to clean it, nervous much, worked out all right.

Radiator and oil cooler on, remembered the fan connection, end pipe on, oil filter with new sump washer on, the old one was so thin it must have been the original. Oil in.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Bloody hell Pompey that could have been nasty.
    Must admit when I was out yesterday I was very cautious, leaves, mud, diesel, greasy roads etc.
    I bet anyone following me round roundabouts and tight bends thought I had 'upright' disease.
    Glad all is okay.

• Like Like x 3
  16. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    Thanks Mick, I was glad that the road wasn`t too busy either, I now know how Bambi felt :D

17. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    _93179166_deermcsorley.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Coolant refilled, tank on, fairings on, little spin in the rain and wind, then locked up, tools down, and beer, up,down,up,down,1,2,3... Happy New Year

• Like Like x 2