Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DreadySteve

DreadySteve Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    Thats interesting. Will look into that on mine though I have the TOR can fitted and don't think that the ecu map or power commander maps are right. Still running very rich on start up.

2. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Stoke-on-Trent
    It has a programmable ECU, shouldn't have a Power Commander, really. Its a cheap mans hack compared to a full flash.

3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    It's a deceptive picture! The Bonnie is covered in the Scotoiler stuff and the Tiger is quite grubby really.

4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Mainly plugging the rear tyre on my Bonnie (frigging long sharp bit of grit) ready to ride over to Flitwick Motorcycles next week to get a new one put on. Only a couple of thousand miles on the old one too.

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Went out to the Tomcc meeting on Doris last night and today took Tracey down to Worthing then along the coast to see my dad in gosport, lovely biking weather!! Saturdays going to be spent cleaning them!

6. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Couldn't go to w&%k today, wife unwell and my youngest had a fever so off school. Spent most of the day fetching drinks and getting toast.
    However, I took a lunch break and spend an hour fitting a new rear EBC brake disc and pads. Almost 40k miles and the rear was noticeably worn so changed it now before its MOT due in a couple of weeks
    First time I have done it and cost me under £90 for the disc and pads from Squaredeals, easy to do with the right tools, just needed the star torque kit and a torque wrench (20nm when doing the disc nuts up)
    Took the opportunity to properly clean up the caliper, get rid of all the grime and salt and freshen everything with a spray of copper slip before fitting the pads.

Will do the front calipers tomorrow all being well.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Well I've been buying a new toy today, a bargain Street Twin with just 366 miles in its tyres (repaired CAT 'D' write-off, registered May, bolloxed June). Drove down the M1 back to Bedford for a quick bite then over to Pure Triumph Woburn to spend a few more bob adding those tasty branded bits and pieces. Street Twin Poseur2.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #4148 Rich Bryce, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    Yeah that's repaired. All front end. Headlight surround was scuffed half an inch on top, a small dent in the tank, front mudguard bent out of shape and the solid metal bracing bracket underneath bent a tad - all sorted. Plus scuffs on clutch lever and bar end slider. Can't for the life of me figure out what could have caused what seems like a random bunch of damage, except unless it fell into a wall (nothing elsewhere to suggest it had been dropped) - but the mudguard bracket is the real odd one, unless someone stood on it to lever the bike back up. I've got the old bracket and headlamp surround with receipts. He says a professional panel beater repaired the dent in the tank, cash in hand. He seemed genuine people. The guys at Pure Triumph gave it a look over and reckon it looks fine. I'll take it there for it's 500m check next week or so. Street Twin 8.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Lucky man, looks great.

10. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Hi Rich, nice bike, looks a bargain......
    But my post here a few minutes ago might be of interest (unless I've been conned)

11. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I asked at Pure Triumph, who first supplied the bike, and I'm entitled to the free 500 mile service and the fuel hose recall because it's based on the bike, not the owner. It's near 500 miles on the clock now so I'll ring on Monday to book it in. I got 10% discount from them on the £550 bits and pieces I bought today, just for asking - didn't need to produce membership cards for any club I belong to. On the drive over one of the wing mirrors came loose. None of the techs were on site so one of the customers who hangs around pulled out his tool box and spannered it up for me. Can't complain about the service.

12. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    That's good, they supplied the bike so my minor hiccup doesn't apply for you. :)
    Yep, I've always found if you ask there's usually 10% available to regular customers.
    Amazed sales guy couldn't find a spanner for you.
    All's well that ends well anyway. :)

13. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Wasn't even the sales guy Col, it was the Service Manager, but the customer saved him having to go dig about around the workshop lol.

While I was there I was drooling over the T120's, Thruxtons, Tigers, Triples et al. Oh for infinitely deep pockets and a barn-like garage.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    I've owned a few Cat D's. Some were written off with bent bars and scuffed exhausts... Crazy !!!

15. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Went up to Hanley to meet some mates to watch Rogue One on the cinema. Good film, despite my misgivings after how awful The Force Awakens was.

Unfortunately, I had an... incident... after the movie.

Looks like someone has sat on one of my mates' Aprilia Mille Factory and knocked it over. Left scuffs on his tail pod and a smashed right side mirror. Not realising this, he has gone to take his chain off and it fell over... onto my Daytona.

It was like a slow motion scene from a film as his bike went then mine slowly went over, hitting the carpark wall (thankfully Id parked quite close) and slowly sank to the floor.

Result: Aprilia has scuffed tail panel, dented exhaust and smashed mirror plus scuffs. Mine has a scraped up screen, cracked top fairing, scuffed mirror arm and a bent brake lever.

Jon must have felt like he wanted to disappear up his own arse, but it literally wasn't his fault. We'll get it sorted between us.

16. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi GH, well as they say "Shit Happens" - not great when it does, but at least no blood or broken bones :(:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Outch! hope it all works out ok.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Stoke-on-Trent
    That is, unless we find the **** who caused it!

It will work out, Jon is such a nice bloke, he will get it sorted.

I have a query though, I've looked on World of Triumph and I THINK I have the part number I need for the top fairing.

What I have listed is...
    PFKL1209735 COCKPIT. RACING YELLOW
    PFKL1209737 FAIRING.COCKPIT.PTD.SCORCHED Y
    PFKL1209738 FAIRING.COCKPIT.PTD.SC YELL

Now I guess the PTD means my model with the separate headlights, but is there a difference between Scorched Y(ellow) and SC YELL(ow)?

Im certain mine is Scorched Yellow, and the Racing Yellow is the very bright colour.

DSCF3555.JPG

19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Finally got down to giving the bike a twice over, the whole thing is crusted I washed it twice but every inch needs rubbed down to clean, I am just going to have to move methodically from one end to the other, it took about an hour to get all the fairing panels off 11 so far and still have front on.
    The screws that hold the seat release snapped ( f ) I think they were anti tamper so drilled out and tapped.
    The calipers and pistons are filthy and in really good nick, the discs have crud build up and wire wool is working, does anyone have a good technique for cleaning between shock springs? Lots of crud behind the sprocket cover the chain and sprocket are great, only I dont have C spanner to tighten chain so off I go to spend, on the up side I found a Scottoiler and a optimate charger pig tail.
    Sprayed everything with wd40 to soak and came home at 4pm, from 9am this morning.

WP_000660.jpg WP_000659.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    Bored today.....

IMG_1278.JPG

• Like Like x 1