Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. OldSprintBiker

Dec 8, 2016
    UK
    Glad I've got heated grips - and its not even properly cold!

2. phantom

phantom Member

Jul 17, 2016
    n.e. lincs
    Went out to see "Just Jane " a lancaster at east kirkby that the owners are hoping to get airworthy.
    Left home in bright sunshine,but got to top of wolds and it was fog,visor fogged up so had to ride with it open a touch. Tried a different way to get there on backroads, now bonny looks like a dirt bike, know what I will be doing tomoro! then its scotoil spray,apart from that it was good to get out on the bike.

3. DreadySteve

DreadySteve Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    More pimping for my gal..... new levers :) will the pimping ever stop heehee :p 20161214_101039.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Answer --- No!:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I adjusted the angle of my clutch/brake levers as I was getting a little bit of strain on the back of my hand/wrist.
    Moved them down a couple of degrees

The ride in this morning was noticably more comfortable - should have done this ages ago.
    Also watched Dave Moss suspension masterclass on YouTube again and reduced the compression on the back shock, a bit more softer over the bumps on the A40 now :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. DreadySteve

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    Since reading this earlier and now have rIden, been trying to rest hands/wrists at slightly different angles and I think you are onto some thing there. When I fit my new levers at the weekend I'm gonna have a little tinkle myself on brake/clutch positions.

Thanks for the heads up :)

7. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Did you really mean this ???

• Like Like x 2
  8. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Stoke-on-Trent
    They look like the Chinese ones I have on the Guzzi. People laughed at me buying them but they've been absolutely brilliant. I was outbraking people on Cadwell and they never let me down.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Stoke-on-Trent
    On a similar note, is there any better looking rear light for the 955i? I'd love a clear LED one. I think the original really lets the bike down.

10. DreadySteve

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    They are indeed.... I know someone else who had these on a 675 Daytona which he rode on track and he said they were good and had no problems. So got myself some. Quality looks ok an the finish is good. Will fit them at the weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DreadySteve

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    And a decent tail tidy.... been looking but not found nothing yet

12. DreadySteve

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    Haha.... surprised it took 3 hours for a comment ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Just make sure you grease the contact areas of those levers really well, they don't have quite the same tolerances. I found mine when new, if not properly greased, would tend to stick.

Other than that, they've been ace. Noone managed to outbrake me in Inters and they were brilliant. Really handy if you change from winter to summer gloves or vice versa.

If they are the 'push out to adjust' type like mine, it takes a little getting used to because theres a pre-pull before the actual lever pulls. You will get familiar with it quickly though.

DSCF2938c.jpg

14. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Both bikes out in the sun yesterday.
    Took the Tiger as I had to deliver some Christmas bottles - got to keep those clients happy!
    2016-12-14 12.46.58.jpg
    2016-12-14 13.22.32.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Got home from w w w ....,
    Yesterday and took Tracey out for a quick spin, even though it was dark, just haven't been out for a couple of weeks due to that which can't be named!

16. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Damn that w w w ... !

17. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Popped out to Staffordshire Triumph to order a chain spanner since mine is missing from the toolkit. Also got the chain adjusted because it was scary slack.

Turns out my tyre man was right, the bike was previously owned by someone who works at Triumph DLF, here in Stoke.

I really need to adjust my throttle slack some more, its very wooly when I snap change down.

18. DreadySteve

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    Sounds like you are getting the Daytona sorted out to your riding style :)

Fitted new levers today during lunch break as I couldn't wait until the weekend :)

Also had a tinker (not tinkle ... is that better Biglad ;)) with the angle on levers. Will have a test ride later.

20161215_130620.jpg

20161215_130549.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Stoke-on-Trent
    #4139 GuzziHero, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    I usually ride with them 1 from full out with winter gloves, full out for winter + inner gloves, and 3 from in with summers on. I can't remember which way the numbering goes, haven't seen the bike for 2 months :(

Oh you asked about harder to start on super fuel? I don't have that issue since I took the baffle out of the original exhaust.

20. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    #4140 Thruccyboy, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Day of sorting brakes today. My best mate & Triumph technician & before you lot think oh yeah...best mate....2 Triumphs... very convenient..... weve been best mates since school some 50 years ago..:);).Anyhow... The Tiger needed what I thought was a caliper strip & clean on all 3 before serious salt wrecks it all...How wrong was I. The pads were so low that they had passed the grooves & were close to the bare metal on all 4 pads!!!!:eek: so £60 later for 2 sets of Triumph pads & all is good in the Tiger corner. Meanwhile the Thruxton just needed a straight replacement set of rear pads. They were in better shape but they were changed too...slight problem though with the EBC HH pads....They had so much pad on them that with even the pistons pushed right back they were still rubbing too much on a short test causing the disc to overheat. The pads were rubbed down on a 60 grade sandpaper & now all is fine. So good news all round really.

• Like Like x 2