Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DreadySteve

DreadySteve Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    Speedy recovery Dave, I know how it feels to have back probs, it sucks!! Last time my back flared up I was on morphine and valium mixture, like you there was no way I could ride my gal, fly it maybe but no way ride ;) Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Thanx mate. I had morphine twice in the hospital but it did nothing , I guess the dose was raather small. My list of meds is quite long and i dont wanna bore everyone. lets just say i was up with the fairies for a few days.
    I will get there,it is just depressing nor even being able to get to the garage to just look and touch.lol
    Again thanx to everyone for the wishes etc. Now I look forward to seeing what you lot are up to so keep posting to give me loads of reading material to keep me going.

3. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    Sorry to hear of your ailments guys, at least you haven`t had to endure the pain of,,,,,, Christmas shopping aaarrrggghhhh!!!
    Not that your ailments don`t matter of course they do and a speedy recovery to you both:)
    However it`s bloody Friday and the shops were heaving. Just got home from what was more like the Royal Marines endurance test. Good luck to those of you that are going out this weekend you are going to need if Portsmouth was anything to go by. Be safe all. :)

4. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Hi All, What I will be doing with my America Today. Firstly. Wash it and Buff it. Paint / chrome. Then some checks , tyres etc. Then after pun CH it's on the road to Wongan Hills Hotel, the JCS Triumph RAT pack is having a Christmas get together, the ride is starting @ JCS about 1 pm ,I'll go straight from home in Northam. I might do a wandering roaming ride to do some miles and make the ride a bit different, as I was through there two weeks or so when we went to Lake Ninan .
    Hope you all have a safe one this weekend, the silly season is upon us, loads of reckless driving going on around here!!

Cheers Mick

• Like Like x 2
  5. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    IMG_0748.JPG IMG_0748.JPG Despite the best efforts of Royal Mail to F**k my weekend up by delivering my bike scissor jack late and leaving it at a nearby timber yard which is closed till Monday, I decided to proceed as planned using my Car jack and a piece of plywood. (It was a bit safer than it looks on the pics)
    New Hagon fork progressive springs fitted with their recommended 7.5 visc. Oil and new OEM gaiters fitted replacing the plastic stone guards.
    Well chuffed with the result, purposely aiming at pot holes and lumps in the road the ride is much improved, complimenting the Hagon rear shocks I fitted 3 months ago.
    I Like the look of the gaiters and lathered underneath them with Castrol red rubber grease.
    Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon pottering about with my bike.

Seriously upset that I hadn't spotted my rear brake pads needed changing, definitely a job for this week.
    Any recommendations? It's a 2012 EFI Bonneville

IMG_0749.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  6. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Sealed mine up in a vacuum bag today.
    Roll on summer.

Curly

7. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Blimey I couldnt do that, you miss out on the odd nice weekend run.
    Fair play tho,my bike is an old girl and not as pretty as she once was,lol, so a bit of tarnish doesnt matter so much

• Like Like x 1
  8. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Went out on a bimble for lunch. I think I worked out why I'm not feeling confident in corners...

Time for a new pair of shoes!

deadtyre!.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I've been out for a little bimble on Tigger - beautiful blue sky, lots of sunshine just no heat; ah well, being out on me bike is good enough. Just watch out for black ice in the shadow of trees.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Washed, polished and sprayed with Scottoiler FS, then out for a 1/2 hour ride to dry it all off and see if the new progressive springs feel as good as they did yesterday, and yes they do.
    Well pleased now with the Hagons back and front.
    Just ordered EBC HH pads front and rear as recommended by biglad in a previous post.
    Great forum for help and advice.

IMG_0752.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Oh i forgot to add... I sorted out the quietness of my Daytona by fitting the Hawk exhaust that used to be on the Benelli Tornado. She sounds gorgeous now.

• Like Like x 2
  12. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    My mate got his B*W back on the road so it was time for a little run out to The Haven cafe. Sunny but cold and most of the car park was still icy. Explorer, Tiger and two Speed Triples also there.
    20161204_125402.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    GuzziHero I dont blame you for not living up to your name with the state of those tyres. I am sure with new wellies on you will soon be a hero again tho,

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Sold my bike.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    What?? Have you got another one?

16. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    And:rolleyes:

17. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Errrrr what? JTD, what does this mean? I hope you are OK?

18. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  19. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Riiiiiiggggghhhhhhtttttttt !

20. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    One last ride on the T120 yesterday around the lanes of Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire. A bit chilly but fun. Am now going to wash all the salt off, give it dry and polish, then tuck it up for hibernation for 2/3 months.

• Like Like x 1