Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Nah! Mount it on a nice shiny wooden plinth and use it as an ornament/bookend/conversation piece to be admired with awe and wonder over the cold dark winter months.

Or, as you suggest, you could just bin it!

Some of my ideas are good - most are just the purest form of rubbish!!:cool:

2. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Done nowt but spend an half hour looking at it today.

Bought some more carbon though so that'll be getting fitted at the weekend
    If it gets here. Got the tail unit the light unit is housed in and the clock surround. Hardly any plastic left now!:) Bit more saving after Xmas and I'll get the rad surrounds. That should be all the plastic gone then.

I'll get some piccies up when fitted.

ATB

Bob

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    More carbon! remember to put pics up once it's all carbonated Bob!..think I've just made up a word :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  4. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Well not done anything with the bike today, as it's still in piece's (solenoid removed) hopefully get to JCS triumph dealer in Perth tomorrow buy parts get home install and test ride ! Looking forward to test ride ! But forecast for Sat & Sun over 36°c so the ride might be restricted to around town or might do a night ride when it's cooler ! Yes I'll do a night ride ! Sounds good , anyone else doing night rides ?

Cheers Mick.

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yeah I was out down the Tomcc meet last night on Doris, decided to take the long route home down some twisties. Bit scary as you were never sure where the pile of wet leaves were as you came round a bend. Nice though, probably about 5 degrees but very blowy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Picked up a new job that is about 10 minutes away from Loomies - so naturally called in there yesterday.
    Nice Suzuki GT380 in there and a Legend behind me with the registration T900 LEG. Sun is shining and it's almost 7 degrees and I have to go back today - what a shame!
    2016-11-24 15.15.57.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I was on my way back from Portsmouth and met the legend guy at Dest Triumph. Was going to stop at Loomies but it was empty when I passed so thought I'd get a wiggle on and get home

• Like Like x 2
  8. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I saw him take a look at my bike as he was leaving but before he started up, he seemed to be checking out something at the back of his bike. He started up and reversed out of his space but before leaving, got off and went over to my bike and was looking at the back on the RH side, then he came back to his bike and started looking at the rear again - he left before I had chance to go out and chat to him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    He had obviously had one to many and couldn't work out why your drive chain was on the right hand side lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Went out to J&S Northwich yesterday. Spoke to a few Triumph owners, seems there were more Triumphs than all other makes combined! Bought some leather jeans and boots while theres a 20% sale on.

Then I popped into Staffordshire Triumph, where the chap on trhe service desk did a full check on the bike for me regarding any outstanding recalls (there weren't any) and entered me onto the local database. As I was there, it happened to be a friend (and former Triumph owner) happened to pop in so I bimbled round to a few bike shops with him. Oh and I joined the TOMCC.

15220078_1066867463441780_7001583172051668940_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. OnlySon

OnlySon Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Scotland. UK
    Made the cheapest pannier I could. Peli type waterproof case from ebay £25. Pro tools I think it was. Some wire rope U bolts and nuts (£5) and some rubber sealing washers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  12. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Fantastic. they could have been made for that!
    Well done

• Like Like x 1
  13. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I think they look top dollar.
    You could buy a dozen of those, set them up ready for fitting and sell them on fleabay for £80+each...still a bargain!

• Like Like x 2
  14. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Hey OS - Great idea. Was the case a one-off buy or are they more of them? Wanna point us to be ebay page if so?

15. OnlySon

Aug 23, 2016
    Scotland. UK
  16. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
  17. OnlySon

Aug 23, 2016
    Scotland. UK
    That is bigger than mine by quite a bit. Mine was a 324. They are waterproof, with quality seals and a pressure relief valve.

18. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Hey only son, they look top shelf !! And I would think totally un-nickable ! They might be more tempted to nick the whole bike. now it looks so good. top tourer there!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. toad

toad Active Member

Great idea! And a lot prettier than the monsters they stick on the bikes these days! Just have a look at the paniers for the Tiger Sport...

20. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Had a little bimble out for lunch. I've been trying to work out whether its my confidence on the Triumph (only done 300 miles or so) or the tyres thats making me squirrely in corners. I'm determined now that its the tyres. I'll change them in spring.

I still find the Daytona lacking... character, I guess... compared to other bikes I've owned, but I am warming up to it. Next job is to see if the Hawk exhaust from the expired Benelli will go onto it, this black thing I have one is ugly and quiet. Seriously, even with baffle out, all I can hear is gear whine.

• Like Like x 1