Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Went up to Ravens, met John from Retrotune who currently has my Guzzi Griso in for ECU flash.

Had a good blast on the Triumph, on some dry roads. Its growing on me, stable but smooth, and the engine really comes alive over 8000rpm.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OnlySon

OnlySon Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Scotland. UK
    Took her into town to pay tribute to our fallen in the local remembrance parade.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi all not been around for the last few weeks, started a 6 week contract a few weeks ago so been really busy. Not worked for a couple of years so been a bit of a cultural shock, still only three weeks to go. Bottom line is this has impacted my riding of the new street twin which was delivered at the beginning of November. Did manage to get out this weekend and get the first 140 miles done in the cold. First impression is that this bike is a lot of fun, it pulls well even with only a few miles on the clock. Here are a couple of pictures of the new girlie....

DSC07552 (2).jpg DSC07557.jpg

I thought it looked a bit naked on the tank, so I called at Bill Smiths and bought some knee pads which I will be fitting this coming weekend. One happy bunny (or is that bonnie).

Wessa

• Like Like x 8
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep see where your coming from....

Wessa

• Like Like x 1
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    #3925 crispey, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Oiled up Tracey and went for a ride!! Billy no mates at newlands corner
    IMG_2136.JPG
    And why is it Harley riders insist on blipping their throttles to max revs every couple of seconds whilst riding through car parks? It was so peaceful
    But then things always get better
    IMG_2138.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  6. OnlySon

OnlySon Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Scotland. UK
    Attached this thing.

[​IMG]

Planning on making a home made pannier from an old Peli case. Only thing I'm not keen on is `using` the shock absorber bolt to attach the bracket to. I've dotted it to see if it vibrates loose. I might buy a new bolt and some more threadlock.
    The bottom bit had to mounted on the outside as it was rubbing on the spring when tightened and the actual bracket didn't line up with the footpeg bolt hole. My fault. Bought aftermarket `item` from fleabay.

• Like Like x 1
  7. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Changed the coolant yesterday. All was going well - old coolant gushing out of all the correct orifices and (mostly:oops:) into an old washing up bowl.
    Now to remove the expansion tank. www.mottleybiker.com simply says take it off to clean it. Mr Haynes Book of Fairytales shows two bolts to unscrew to allow removal. Sadly, my tank is pop riveted on!!:mad:
    Fair do's to Mot, he is just showing the experiences he has had with his T300 series bikes, so mine is probably a new improved version/oddity. His website is both helpful and informative for anyone with early triples (and probably fours as well) and has proved to be very useful in the past ... recommended.:)
    Similarly, Haynes would have been in the same sort of position - awkward when the manufacturer starts altering things!
    After trying to siphon the old stuff out (almost got a gobfull) I decided to use Mr Lidl's finest kitchen roll to very carefully soak up as much as possible, which although a long winded method, worked quite well, and no tissue was lost into the tank - thankfully!:) Sitting here thinking about it, I could probably have used the radiator overflow pipe to empty the expansion tank, but hey, we've all got a doctorate in hindsight. Fortunately the tank was pretty clean as well, which is a Good Thing.
    Sometime in the not too distant it will be another good polish and a dose of ACF50 ready for the winter break, and also an oil and filter change at some point.
    Soon be spring!:)

Note to self .... invest in a syringe!o_O

• Like Like x 3
  8. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Or turkey baister! Oh how seasonal!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Mmmmm the mrs would love the taste of silkolene on her xmas dinner. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Best get some festive Castrol R in then!!:)

• Like Like x 2
  11. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Err ... ummm ... err .... err .... no, nor me!:rolleyes:

Strangely enough, SWMBO loves the smell of WD40:eek: .... and it's much cheaper than Chanel No. 5 or Rive Gauche.:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I'm sure my missus nicks my wd40 and uses it on her knees and hips after zumba

13. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Isn't that one of the dances 'heads and shoulders, knees and toes' ?
    Could be used as instructional lyrics for applying WD40
    Just a thought !

14. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    My brother owns a Harley. 1450cc Fatboy, he says his exhaust's can set off car alarms. Maybe those Harley riders are scouting for the local youfs who wanna boost easy marks.!!! No alarms easy job getting away without being noticed!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i remember when i had my Fireblade, it used to set off car alarms all the time..didn't have an overly noisy exhaust on it ?

16. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Theres a guy lives near me with a harley thats got open pipes, when he comes into the local petrol station I fear for my life

• Like Like x 1
  17. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Ordered a proper Triumph manual And a Translogic quickshifter :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Prepared the Bonnie and took it for its MOT today, passed as expected :)
    One ball ache was having to bump start it this morning, first time since owning it.
    I've had it just a year now and it had a brand new battery fitted then.
    I haven't used it for two days with the rain and sleet but my daily commute is 20 miles each way so I was surprised when the engine wouldn't turn over. Ignition lights on etc. Just not enough power to start it.
    I have a datatool alarm fitted, and I put it on trickle charge when I got back which fully charged it in 3 hours.
    Any comments appreciated, I don't want to get caught out in this weather with a flat battery.

19. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Leave your bike connected to an intelligent charger (eg Optimate) and you'll have no trouble at all.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Thanks for the reply.
    Its okay when I am at home or work, but what about if I have to park somewhere with no facility to plug my charger in ?