Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Grand ride out today on the Bonnie up to Castle Bolton in North Yorkshire.
    For anyone who knows the Dales the chosen route their was:
    Skipton > Grassington > Kettlewell > Buckden > Aysgarth > Carperby > Castle Bolton

Return route:
    Leyburn > Middleham > Jervaulx > Masham > Ripon > Harrogate

Anyone not familiar with the routes, I can highly recommend them, 145 mile round trip in virtually perfect conditions for the time of year.

6k miles oil change planned for Friday

• Like Like x 3
  2. om15

om15 Active Member

Sep 5, 2016
    dorset
    Just had a 50 mile blow across the Chase to Salisbury and back up through Shaftesbury, quite a few out, but wrapped up, winter gloves and thick socks weather.
    Don't mind cold if it is dry.
    Starting to feel really at home on the ST, really is a good little bike

• Like Like x 2
  3. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Did the Chase, Blandford and ended up in Shaftesbury for a hot chocky :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Nipped over the road to our local Texaco filling station/Spar shop for a bottle of milk. Coming out of shop a young chap (well just a little younger than me) on a 13 reg Tiger pulls up to the pumps, flips up visor, steps of the bike and Oooops, forgot to put the side stand down. Ran over and helped him pick it up, No real damage done to the bike but, a major dent in the poor buggers cred. We've all nearly been there but, still bloody funny though.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Sunday pix :) lawson st3 1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. OnlySon

OnlySon Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Scotland. UK
    Took off the `cornflakes box` sized plate and whacked on a 7x5.

• Like Like x 3
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Well I got round to wiring up the garmin to Tracey today, remember the one I bought a couple of months ago from Aldi?, anyways thought I'd take her out for a spin to try it out, took the cover off, went to put it in the shed and saw Doris sitting there forlornly, looked at the sky, blue hardly a cloud to be seen so put the cover back on Trace took the chain of Doris, she likes that, and went out for a 2 hour spin, got a little lost!! Now there's payback.

• Like Like x 2
  8. mentalist

mentalist Active Member

Sep 28, 2016
    wigan
    Fitted old style No. plate, duel comfort seat and rear sports pegs. best thing I did was fit the standard clip ons back on. it's so much more comfortable on ride with the higher bars.

9. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Well, you know I had a test ride booked on the Thruxton R today? Well....I got Doris out of the shed, started her up pulled off, got onto the roundabout to take me onto the A3 and the back end starts wallowing around, foot down to stop an embarrassing spill, pull over and have a quick looksee and the tyre seems quite flat so gently coax her home. Got the compressor out and sure enough well flat, pump it up and the pressure holds fine. 8hrs later and no drop in pressure at all.
    Hmmmm Spooky [​IMG]

10. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    did you get your test ride? if so how did it go!!

11. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    Right after being stuck in the sun this week it's home tomorrow bike out Saturday :Dwish me luck:)now where did I leave my long johns:eek:
    Andy

• Like Like x 1
  12. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Done bugger all but i have got a new rad to fit and a right hand crank case plus better clips to hold the carbs on as they are still sucking air. ( holding revs ) so full strip down mightbe on the cards before christmas me thinks

13. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    no I didn't. and the tyre is still fine!?!

14. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Poor Doris must have been getting jealous (bit drastic her letting her own tyres down though :eek:)..don't tell her the next time ;)

15. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Just been out to check the Tiger before going out for a ride and her battery was nigh-on flat, so it's on charge. Have a sneaky feeling by the way the charger is reacting that the battery is buggered - Oh great :(:(:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  16. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Testing time of year for batteries!
    Replaced mine with a cheapo last January, didn't expect it to last the year but seems fine at the moment, if it goes I'll get a better one!

17. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    Enjoy...

• Like Like x 1
  18. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    I assume you mean the sun (dont turn it off), come on now mate you know its gonna be your fault if it goes out. Have a great time.
    God you must be feeling loaded, food at wetherspoons in bham airport, beats home made sarnies tho,like my mrs does,lol.

19. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Changed the oil and filter on the Bonnie, 6k service.
    Good all round check over and signed my own service book. (Totally unqualified to but it's my book)

• Like Like x 2
  20. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    2016-10-29 13.51.42-600x1067.jpg
    The smallest bike parking area ever?
    20161029_133420-600x1067.jpg
    Grey, damp day but better than staying in.

• Like Like x 5