Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    Today I have to give the old girl the once over as we have the first MOT tomorrow, not expecting anything to come out of it but you never know. As for the Bonnie :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    "What are you doing with your Triumph today?" - NOTHING, SOD ALL, NADA, RIEN - it's bloody raining :(:mad::eek::eek::eek:

3. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    Never mind Big lad it`s sweltering down here in the beautiful south of England :cool:. Checked the Bonnie over all looks good so fingers crossed for tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You're pulling my leg Mark - sweltering in the UK? Whatever next? Good luck for tomorrow.:):)

5. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    I know, its hotter than July at the moment, but it will all go tits up as it always does, still thanks for the good luck :)

6. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Followed a bike with 'L' plates filtering through stand still traffic on the A40 this monring, he can't get past a van due to its mirrors and he goes ballistic, I can hear him cursing and screaming at the van driver!
    Eventually the traffic starts moving forward and the van pulls to the right to let him past and the biker slaps the wing mirror, pulls up in front of the van and gives him the birdie!
    Totaly over the top and quite disturbing

As I pull level with the van window, I look in to apologise and give the universal wanker sign pointing at the biker who has now dissapeared. The van driver at this point was on his phone, now I don't know if this was before or after the frakas but I lost quite a bit of sympathy for him at that point.

• Like Like x 4
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Guess what!?? I'm at loomies again! On my way down to my dads at alverstoke. Left home sweltering in the heat blue skies not a cloud to be seen, go through the tunnel at hindhead no blue sky all cloud temp dropped by about 10 degrees???

• Like Like x 1
  8. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #3588 Havit, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    It didn't bother you in Buxton Dave :p:D

• Like Like x 1
  9. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Bloody weather is all over the place!

10. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    image.jpeg
    That's better!!

• Like Like x 8
  11. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Job Done, Just changed the rear pads, Give her a run tonight to bed the pads and to check my coolent leak is fixed.
    Lovely sunny day here in Ireland:)

• Like Like x 4
  12. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    Hi crispey, it is beautiful now as shown by your pic. I was born in Gosport (sshh) :rolleyes:

13. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Where you were born is no fault of your own, so don't worry, I guess it hasn't changed much since :eek::p

14. DreadySteve

DreadySteve Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    I have a window of opportunity to have a quick blat later this evening between 6 and 8pm while the boy goes rowing. .... thinking of Salisbury then out through the back roads to Blandford, on to wimborme and then back home to collect the boy by 8pm... sweet :).

• Like Like x 3
  15. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Sneaky flapjack at the departure lounge on the way home
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I now have all the pieces to make a fully functioning brake caliper, though it was touch and go, the slider had stuck in the caliper, eventually freed off, so with the pins, seals, springs pistons and slider from one and caliper body from another, new pads, banjos, and, washers .
    As soon as I get a chance it can all mix together and get it back on bike for weekend.:);)o_O:(:mad::(:(;):):):):):D:cool:

• Like Like x 3
  17. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    It has changed quite bit, loads and loads of houses now, I guess that is progress.

18. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Sweated my nuts off on the way to J&S Northwich as I had refitted the inner thermal lining, bought a mother of a lock and chain and a new pair of black and Red gloves, just about fitted them and the lining of my jacket into my small rucksack. Bloody heavy on my back but at least a little cooler, incredible weather for September, hope it holds until after the weekend

19. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yup you're right there but I'm pretty sure the shops and pubs haven't changed since the seventies, I'm sure there's still whimpy there!!

20. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Lovely run today with a couple of mates on my favourite local..ish circuit,up the side of Loch Tay and down the side of Loch Earn..just love that road :):):):) stopped of in Killin for a coffee opposite "The Falls Of Dochart"
    P1020508_edited-1.jpg

• Like Like x 7