Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Took my bike down to a pals at Market Harborough on Friday then on Saturday went to Petrolheads at Bruntingthorpe on this little beauty image.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Now you've offended me!:(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Bloody hell that's as bad as one of mine:oops::D

• Like Like x 2
  4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Spent all day changing the back tyre on my America. Yes a whole day - from 9:30 in the morning till 4:30 to change the rear tyre !!!!

Admitedly I did clean the back wheel and polish it up to the best I could, clean and degrease all of the swingarm and area exposed by taking the wheel out, drive to tyre place and get tyre swapped over, then ACF50 the whole swingarm area, clean chain, paint sprocket, refit it all, including having to take off and refit rack & sissy bar because I took of the pannier support rack and the spacers fall down therefore necessitating the whole removal and refit. :confused:

So yes, I managed to spend a whole day to get a tyre fitted, but at least it's all done proper and the bike is clean as.

[​IMG]

Yes, I did bolt the sprocket on before fitting :p

• Like Like x 5
  5. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Got shot of the BT 45, and fitted the AM 26 rear tyre I've had since 1st Feb, now have a pair.
    Rides and steer's far better, took the 'loose' wheel to my local trusty mechanic, he replaced a broken spoke and fitted the tyre all for £15!
    Considering he had to remove 4 spokes to get new one in, the hub end of the broken 1 was seized in as it had been broke for quite some time, probably before the last MOT, and fit and balance the new tyre I dont thinks that's bad at all!
    I wanted to get it done while we still had some decent weather, and before the MOT in October, I still got 1000 miles out of the old BT 45.
    Like Mr Orange, I had the opportunity to properly clean all the inside of the swinging arm, wheel and hub too.
    Ready for winter now!

6. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Where did you buy the tyre from, an online dealer?

7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Rode penelope to the top of the hill. And rode pen back again!! Great day for it.
    20160816_184248.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Local scooter shop!
    He's also a mate, does me a good price usually. This was £110 fitted, could have got it online for £95, but not worth the hassle to save £5 (£10 fitting).
    He sometimes fits for free when I did trackdays on the gixxer, plus like to support local places when I can.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    It was nice up here yesterday
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Thanks for the replies fellas! I'll be getting some new rubber over the winter lay-up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kevan naylor

Kevan naylor New Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Leicestershire
    Mines just had its first service to , I think this could be the best bike I've ever owned and I've had a few , have you fitted any accessories yet

13. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Was Prince Andrew watching?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Woody

Woody New Member

Aug 11, 2016
    Cornwall
    Took the T100 for a new set of boots, trying the Avon roadriders for a change, wonder if they are as good as my avon roadrunners in the 70s?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Sorted collection of my Speedie and ordered a new hydraulic bike lift/servicing bench. Today is a good day

16. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Blimey yeah the tyres of the late sixties /early seventies. A blast from the past

17. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Went from Gosport over to the New Forest today, spent around one and a half hours pootling around the little lanes and went down to the coast, did some riding by the sun for a couple of hours, no idea where I would end up but eventually found my way to loomies for a cup of tea then home via a and B roads. All in all 160 to 180 miles covered in around 6 hours. Gorgeous!!

• Like Like x 5
  18. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Bit warm today! 20160817_164522-600x1067.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I had all my bikes back then on either Avon Roadrunners or Dunlop TT100s

20. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Gosh yeah TT100's another one I had forgotten back in the days when I earned just over a£5 a week as a apprentice electrician (including overtime!) ..... The good old days.....apparently

• Like Like x 1