Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BruLan

BruLan Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Rangemore Staffordshire
    So today on my Triumph,
    I fixed the Engine Management Light which had been on for a week, for no apparent reason.
    Quite an easy fix, yesterday I joined Green Flag Recovery on line .
    Decided to go for a ride today started up the Bonnies and hey Presto no more light !
    Magic - But WHY !!!!

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi BS I'll be very interested to hear how you get on with this newly made seat, as I might be in the market for one myself.

How did they go about diagnosing your needs and then creating the seat to meet those needs? Did they do an imprint of your bum as some seat modifiers do over here? Did they use different types of foam including Gel-foam to ensure comfort?

In other words - what did you get for your £90, if you don't mind me asking?

3. BruLan

BruLan Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Rangemore Staffordshire
    Today I fitted an 'Elite Comfort Seats(TM) Memory Foam Motorcycle Comfort Seat' on my 955i Daytona. Went tohttp://www.sussexmotorcycles.com/elite-comfort-motorcycle-seats.html. Had a spare seat from ebay rebuilt and it took about 2 hours. The place is quite hard to find even when you get to Blacklands Farm (BN5 9AT) (marked on the B2116 by two fibreglass cows and up the road opposite Sussex Prairie Garden) and it is very messy. However, although it wasn't the cheapest (£90) ! went out today and it is much more comfortable. :)

Did the £90 include the Gel Pad ?
    I'm looking at getting mine done

4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Ive been looking at going there for a while now to get one of my thruxton seats done, was that an all inclusive?

5. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Oil & Filters arrived in the post, so did the 6000 mile service. Was serviced when I got it at 1200 miles, so got to 6700 miles and thought, now was as good a time as any to get it done. 5500 miles done since I got the bike, mostly since March when the weather improved, not bad in 6 months.

With the aid of a bungee and two blocks of wood, managed to stand the bike upright to check oil level after 5 mins running and 3 stood. :D Undoing sump plug with two hot downpipes is a bit of a risk !!!!:mad:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. BruLan

BruLan Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Rangemore Staffordshire
    Excellent thats a plan !
    Cheers Bruce

7. BruLan

BruLan Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Rangemore Staffordshire
    I Changed My Oil and Filter today too,
    I did it on the side stand with a chock underneath, bit fiddly but no split oil or burned fingers, used a Proper Triumph Oil Filter Wrench (£12 FFS) and a short extension on a 1/4 Drive for the Plug.
    All Good

8. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

After warming the oil to aid draining, the downpipes are hot. The drain plug and oil filter are nicely placed underneath between these extremely hot pipes! :D

Just gotta be a bit careful:rolleyes:

9. DreadySteve

DreadySteve Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    Thanks for posting this BS...... Something I'm gonna look in for sure :)

10. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Cleaned,lubed and adjusted the chain,coz I is off to Wales this weekend :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Went out for a run on "Triple Treat" my Tiger today - about 100kms of twisty twisty roads in about 25-28°C.

REALLY like this bike ;);););););)

• Like Like x 5
  12. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    It's a trumpet!!! What's not to like???

Enjoy...

Bob

13. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Bloody he'll crispey, it's that tank again! 20160721_162751.jpg
    Good view of the army flyboys parking their helicopters from the cafe terrace! 2016-07-21 18.42.09.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Oh dear chaps, just coz its got tracks and a turret it don't make it a TANK. This 'TANK' is an Iraqi ZSU 23/4 Self Propelled Anti-Aircraft Gun system (SPAAG) with it's own tracking and fire control system (that round bit at the back of the turret is the Gun Dish radar). The guns are manually operated quad 23mm canons which fire around 1000 rounds/second. It's a 1960's Soviet build (you can tell from the suspension wheels as they look like pork pie crusts), and is a 'war trophy' from Gulf War 1. The armour is about as much use as a bean tin by the way, the chain gun mounted on the Apache helicopter can just about cut one of these in two, (saw onw chopped to bits in Iraq), and, it's even got it's name on a board hanging below the turret.
    And before anyone else says it, yes I know I'm a Smart Ar$e. Military equipment recognition was a big part of my RAuxAF job as an imagery analyst. :p

• Like Like x 4
  15. Sceptic Al

DD, if you think that's BADASS check out this one
    BIGASS.jpg
    OR
    If you prefer
    Artistic Babe 12.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I knew that would get someone going if I called it a tank! It is indeed an ZSU 23/4 and I have posted previously about it, but for ease of reference to crispey's recent post it was easier to call it a "tank"

17. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I'm with you Steve, it's metal got tracks and military, it's a tank!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sceptic Al

I'll let you off then:D

• Like Like x 2
  19. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Oh so it's my fault??

• Like Like x 2
  20. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Just to keep you happy Sceptic - proper tanks!
    IMG_2046.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg
    DSCN0133.jpg

• Like Like x 1