Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Creaky

Creaky Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Nottinghamshire
    Got hold of a pair of circle pliers this morning and removed the baffles from my Arrow exhausts on the Thruxton.
    Flipping' 'eck! What a difference!
    Had to have a trial run up the road before I put them back in. Bike revs up really easily without the restriction and of course encourages blatant throttle blipping at every opportunity. Great fun!

• Like Like x 3
  2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Fine tribute that mate. Am sure he is smiling looking down on you.
    My bike is in hospital having a service, headstock bearings and mot. We are in France visiting Pozieres cemetery on my grandads centenary of his death on the Somme fighting with the Warwicks regiment. Seen a few Brit bikes about but only one Triumph Tiger.
    Get my bike back next weekend, miss it loads right now

• Like Like x 1
  3. BruLan

BruLan Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Rangemore Staffordshire
    So today,
    Changed Air Filter and fitted TEC Progressive Fork Springs to the Bonnie,
    What a transformation (springs that is )
    Best £55 i've spent in a long while

4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I agree - so many people change the shocks on the Bonnie it makes you wonder why Triumph didn't do something.

5. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

I know the feeling only too well. My old man popped his clogs 2 years almost to the day. Said my good byes when we left him in his room at the care home. No doubt the poor bugger will be getting nagged by my old mum for eternity now

• Like Like x 1
  6. BruLan

BruLan Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Rangemore Staffordshire
    Its a bit like self cancelling Indicators, my RD250 had them as standard and that was in 1979 !

• Like Like x 1
  7. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Nothing, I've been doing nothing with my bike today as it's been 36°C and scheduled for 39 tomorrow !!!!!!

8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Drove back through london on the tiger yesterday. I was poured out of my leathers when I got home! Think I was wetter than when I got caught in the thunderstorms a few weeks back!

9. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Made a trip to the station to pick my son up - both warm when back at the house but only a short journey. Another quick trip to local Tescos (getting hotter), all gear off and stashed on bike then realised I had forgotten my wallet - gear back on again! Home, back, repeat. Not complaining though - it's great when you're on the move.

10. Dilwyn

Dilwyn Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2014
    haverfordwest
    Do it, I went last year for my 60TH. Hope to go to the classic TT next year.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BruLan

BruLan Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Rangemore Staffordshire
    Today on my Triumph,
    I did a lovely mini tour of the Staffs Moorlands, and The Peaks
    Leaving Home via Ashbourne out to Leek, across the Staffordshire Moorlands, toward Buxton, couple of Trips over the Cat & Fiddle (leaving bits of Hero Blobs on a few Bends :)) then back to Matlock Bath via Buxton and Home again, 112 lovely Miles !!
    Happy Days !!

• Like Like x 2
  12. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    2016-07-19 16.01.53.jpg
    Quick stop at Loomies today - very warm!

13. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    What's that red thing!?!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Today I will be...
    Replacing the rectifier as the battery isnt charging, well not since I picked it up from the dealers anyway, they said it was broken when I dropped it off but I know it was charging just fine!!!
    Reducing the trigger temp for the radiator fan, currently 103c which it came with as default, so I will look to change this to 93/95...what temp does your fan kick in guys?

I am enjoying this heat, motorway speeds is fine but the london traffic is a mare

I will wait till the evening cool before a wash n polish before tucking her up in the garage.

15. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Sun was too bright to go round the other side and I was too hot!
    New game is to sit in the shade and then watch other bikers struggle to get their gear on in the heat!

• Like Like x 1
  16. BruLan

BruLan Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Rangemore Staffordshire
    Yeah, Nice while moving along, Bloody awful in Traffic today, mind you I cant complain, had a great afternoon, bettrt tahn being Wet'cold !

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Too feckin' hot to bother today. :p

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dilwyn

Dilwyn Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2014
    haverfordwest
    Went for a medical today for my HGV licence renewal, so I thought I would go on bike and have a little spin around. It was too HOT not nice at all. should have gone in car with the air con on. Not one for riding in shorts and tee shirts.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Fitted the quick shifter but was so hot and bothered:mad: couldn't be arsed to get my gear on and test it:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  20. anthony gothard

anthony gothard Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2016
    lancashire uk