Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gaz477

Gaz477 Member

Jun 29, 2016
    scotland
    feckin raining all day so just cleaned my beloved

2. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Currently sat enjoying a coffee in Youles Blackburn waiting impatiently for the scorpion low boy to be fitted!!!

Pics to follow boys and girls...

Bob

3. Victor

Victor Active Member

Jul 26, 2015
    North Wales
    Will be interesting to see what you think of it Bob, as I fancy replacing the high level Arrows with either a low Arrow or Scorpion. Are you having the fuel map changed to suit?

Mark

4. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Yes mark,

Just home now. But too wet for my liking so only done 10 mile or so, but the difference in sound is worth it alone;) plenty of popping and burbling on the overrun, and a throaty rasp in hard acceleration. Job jobbed.
    image.jpeg

It's got a red bit on it!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Soon get that sorted. ;)

Pegs off too. Just need a nice undertray now and she's somewhere near...

Atb

Bob

• Like Like x 4
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    well it was sunny this morning so I thought I'd fit and have a test ride with the fairing I'd ordered from Squaredeals, very impressed it took 2 days to arrive!
    IMG_1750.jpg
    going to have to re-locate the indicators, but I have a plan for that.
    Anyway, took her out and she was steady as a rock at 90, wind noise was there as it stops wind on your chest but not face. Had a few problems on corners, went in too fast on a couple due to lack of wind on my body and mis-judging my speed:rolleyes:. Rain became biblical while I was out so got soaked through, only went in jeans and leather jacket.
    took the fairing off as I'm going to paint it, hopefully it should look something like this
    fairing.jpg
    so spent just as long cleaning Doris as riding her today, had to put her in shed to let a rain storm pass by so thought I'd use the time wisely and put the fender eliminator on
    IMG_1755.jpg

Then finished polishing her!! Happy days!:D

• Like Like x 8
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Grab rail is kind of redundant now as I don't go 2 up on Doris, it did fit with the hump but with my previous fender eliminator I had to relocate the indicators and they got in the way of the rail.

7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi mate, no I didn't - we only went to the Overlord Museum and the Airborne Museum at St. Mere Eglise this time. Did lots of museums last time we were there but not this one.

8. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Me and a mate ride up to Castle Combe yesterday - dodged the showers (well most of them) and spent more time in the paddock looking at the historic stuff than the racing!

20160702_124812.jpg
    20160702_124834.jpg
    20160702_124626.jpg
    20160702_150249.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Just had a great weekend at the Triumph Cruiser rally at Dent. I was made to feel very welcome even though I was on an Explorer. In fact there were quite a few non-cruiser models in attendance. The ride out on Saterday was great fun, traveling into the hart of the Lake District, Windermere, Hawkshead, Coniston, Ambleside etc though it did rain for most of the ride, at least I know my waterproof gear works as I stayed 100% dry. The ride out was followed by a BBQ and then a rock band in one of the local pubs.

Dent is a really lovely village, basically a large camp site, two good pubs, a cafe and not much more, but nestled in a very scenic valley. I will certainly consider going again next year.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  10. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    That sounds a great weekend (first I've heard of that one) I reckon I could fancy that one myself !!!

11. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Hi DD. I think you've got yourself just a tad confused here. Oosterbeek is near Arnhem in the Netherlands.:confused:
    Went to the British War Cemetery in Oosterbeek a good few years back when I was in the RAF, a very moving site especially the area where there are the headstones of two brothers side by side.
    Me thinks Oosterbeek its just a little bit further than 'a few klicks up the road' from St Mere Eglise which is way down in Normandy not far from Cherbourg. I believe there's a US War Cemetery at or near Ste Mere Eglise as that's where the US Airborne guys got chopped to bits when they dropped in the middle of the town.

Tick VG on the spelling of Oosterbeek though:)

12. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Don't remember a museum at Oosterbeek but it was 40 odd years back when I went there all pressed, dressed and p!$$ed wet through in my No1 uniform because it always fekkin rains on anniversary parades.
    Easy mistake to make about the bridges though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jezzasnr

jezzasnr Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Cornwall
    last night i was mostly sat beside my 7 month old speed triple on a busy A road, waiting for a recovery truck......
    It's gone back to the dealer's now, so we'll see how that works out. I'm a little anxious to say the least.
    Meanwhile, what a fantastic bunch bikers are!! 3 stopped to make sure i was ok, two of which had to turn around, a 6 / 7 mile detour, as well as plenty of others that slowed offered a thumbs up or down.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  15. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    • Like Like x 1
  16. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Thanks Rooster:cool: But I will just make a note of it, as I dont do Farcebook !! :mad:

17. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    I liked your post jezza, not cos you were stranded, but cos bikers STILL have that sense of brotherhood. :)

• Like Like x 4
  18. DreadySteve

DreadySteve Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    Well have had to book the new girl into the garage already :( Going back to the shop where I bought it from as discovered a couple of niggling faults....
    1. Have discovered an oil leak (yes I know its a Triumph :confused:) from the clutch casing I think.
    2. Has a intermittent fault on gear changes. Sometimes feels like the gear changer is jammed and unable to move. I pull away in 1st and then can't change up to 2nd. Happended yesterday too but was between 2nd and 3rd gear change just as I joined a dual carriageway!! Not sure if this is clutch related.
    3. Its a real pig to start! Not sure if this a Triumph thing but my old Bandit used to start on the button (even in winter) everytime whereas the Daytona takes 2 or 3 attempts to start (5 yesterday morning).

Hopefully this will all be done under warranty

Will update Saturday after I get back from the shop.

19. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Hope they sort out your niggles DS best done sooner.

20. Giles

Giles Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Surrey
    Fitted Vance & Hines slip ons to my Thruxton ready for first service and ECU reflash tomorrow :)

• Like Like x 1