Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Over the weekend I replaced the cracked rear hugger on my Speedie, unfortunately one of the bolts had snapped off so I had to drill that out, due to the tight space it wasn't a perfect 90 degree job so I had to tap a new thread in, then the new carbon huggie went in and it was a bit off centre, so took it out again and straightemed the bracked which alighned the hugger to a more central position and also raised it a few mill more from the tyre, all in all a good job done.
    Then replaced the old secondary air horn with a Denali Soundbomb (120db) this kicks in if the normal horn is pressed for more then 1/4 of a second.(Screaming Banshee electrics)
    Then gave the chain a good scrub (every 1000 miles or so) with a budget Lidl toothbrush (pack of 3 for 75p) and chain cleaner, got all the grit out from between the plates, wipe it down and then put a new layer of Scottoiler on there, and then checked the chain tension as it was a tad loose.
    That was the first adjustment of the new chain and sprockets in 15k miles, I am loving the Scottoiler.

• Like Like x 2
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Jeez! I'm removing my scottoiler immediately

3. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    o_O:D
    I love the oiler, I do 300 miles a week (she's just rolled over 30k miles) and all I have to do is wipe any excess off the rear wheel at the weekend.
    Singing its praise to my mates who are fair weather riders, and 'forget' to oil their chains.

I have got my Pipewerx cans arriving this week...I will try to do a video on fitting them and a sound comparison, to do this I have ordered a Zoom H2n sound recorder.

• Like Like x 2
  4. peejay1977

peejay1977 New Member

May 21, 2016
    Warrington UK
    Forgot to post this yesterday, but I did the first rideout on the Explorer up to Devils Bridge with the missus, 150 miles all in, loved it!

[​IMG]

Rode it to work today, glorious!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Don't worry, I will also be using at a friends church wedding later this year where they have asked me to video it for them.
    Will be good to have clear sound recording.
    I will also use my Drift cameras (HD-S and Stealth) to record alternative angles, then edit it together in Sony Vegas Pro using the decent sound recording.
    But yes, I do like my gadgets - I really should cut back though...it is my weakness. I dont smoke or drink so my bike and gadgets are my only vice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Fitted me new brake and clutch levers.
    Only £45 the pair and quality seems good. Made in Italy apparently. Strada 7 they're called.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    Went for the gold adjusters to match the ohlins gold adjusters. Not too flash I don't think.
    Also sprayed the front brake fluid reservoir bracket black in keeping with the rest of the bike.

Photo to follow when complete.

ATB

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  7. Victor

Victor Active Member

Jul 26, 2015
    North Wales
    Where did you get them from Bob? The cheapest I can find with a Google search is £68

Mark

8. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
  9. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Victor

Victor Active Member

Jul 26, 2015
    North Wales
    Thanks Bob, they look like next on my shopping list. The only thing that has put me off buying non OEM ones in the past has been the stories of the clutch lever not fully compatible with the start inhibit switch and it throwing up spurious ECM faults on some makes of bikes. Aparrently if the ECM thinks the clutch is continuously pulled in, it may go in to limp mode. I have never experienced this myself, just heard tales.

Rgds
    Mark

11. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Not heard that either Mark, but it starts ok! Will have a run out soon and report back. Everything fits well together so not anticipating any probs.

ATB

Bob

12. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Washed cleaned chain and sprocket tidied up clutch cable guide which was angled wrong and not allowing cable to slip through. then bleed brakes, they where good anyway,so I suppose I was just being noisy. couple of small bubbles nothing really. went to Slains Castle (a inspiration to Ba Stoker Im told.

"In her book The Essential Dracula, Clare Haword-Maden suggested that the castle of Count Dracula was inspired by Slains Castle, at which Bram Stoker was a guest of the 19thEarl of Erroll.[41] According to Miller, he first visited Cruden Bay in 1893, three years after work had begun on Dracula. Haining and Tremaine maintain that, during this visit, Stoker was especially impressed by Slains Castle's interior and the surrounding landscape. Miller and Leatherdale question the stringency of this connection"

or not. https://www.flickr.com/photos/scottisharchives/6146720816 its a ruin at the moment restoration on hold seemingly.

13. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Nowt wrong with a spotlessly clean chain;):)

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  14. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You CAN get a belt-drive conversion for any chain-driven bike.

15. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Oh I'm not advocating Steve, I just wanted littleAide to know. You know how he goes on about his maintenance-free 'shaft' drive

• Like Like x 3
  16. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Not just Harley's that have belt drive ............
    Even Triumph has one bike ( or series of them ) that do

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Today, I shall mostly be fitting my new carbon lower tank guards.

Then I'll post a piccy or two, just to show it off. ;)

Atb

Bob

18. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    And here it is...
    image.jpeg
    Easy peasy to fit. Lift tank and prop up, remove the single torx screw from each one, slide to the rear and they are off. Fitment reverse of removal.

Now I just need the frame fillers in carbon and I'll be somewhere near... Til xmas anyway ;)

Atb

Bob

19. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Looking Good Wasp, :cool: wonder what Santa has in his sack for you :eek::eek:

20. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Oooh errrr missus. :D

I hope it's carbon!!!

Thinking of the tail end, or maybe the radiator shrouds. If anyone wants to help out with piccies that'd be good!

Atb

Bob