Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Cheers Gary yes the weather couldn't have been better :)
    Yeah Wayne you should make a point of having a biking holiday in Scotland..only downside in organizing anything in advance here.. you will have a good chance of it raining :( unless you're lucky :):):):)

2. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #2862 Havit, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
    I can recommend the west coast. Kerry is fantastic. If you ever decide to come over let me know . I can give you some route suggestions. I used to deliver to a place called Bonnyrigg near Edinburgh many years ago when I drove Artics but I got fed up of the M25 car park and moved to Ireland to drive a racehorse truck to venues but it was seasonal so I worked driving the big Volvo dumpers for the same boss. I'm a supervisor now for the local Authorities so have a nice number. As you know truck driving is alot of work and responsibility for little reward :oops:. I will come over to Scotland with the bike. I will let you know when .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Victor

Victor Active Member

Jul 26, 2015
    North Wales
    image.jpeg Fitted new tank protector (better than original piece of s..t that was rubbing the colour of my leather jacket) and removed visor from fly screen.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Fitted a top box and currently considering washing it.

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Got Doris out of the shed this morning and was horrified to see mud and crud on the swinging arm and pipes. I'd been nowhere wet or muddy!?! Anyway decided to give her a clean and discovers the front spokes rust situation was bad, even had some on the rears too!! 3.5 hours later spokes and bike cleaned, polish all over and acf50 on spokes. And for being such a good girl and feeling guilty about looking at other thruxtons I put the evoteck sump and "rad" guards on.
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  6. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Found out why I could not get a decent 1000 rpm tick over today, l.h. airbox to carb tube not fitted over carb intake on the 'hidden' inside between the 2 carbs, difficult to see, even more difficult to put back on!
    Ended up trying to take the l.h. side off the airbox only to find 2 screws in-accessible, so manage to open it enough at the front to get the tube out and off.
    After several tries to get the tube back over the carb I found the easiest way was to take the spring clamp off, take the tube between the carb and the manifold off, lube the airbox tube at the carb end and it slipped on easily, pushed the spring clamp back, put it back into air box, replace the carb to manifold tube and all the other bits, put the vacuum gauges on carbs and re-tune, job done!
    Purrrrring like a kitten!
    I'll give it a good blast up the M9 tomorrow! (looking forward to that!)
    Terry

• Like Like x 2
  7. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Crispey's spoiling that bike!!:eek::p

8. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    She deserves it, carrying a fat lump like me around. And there's more to come

9. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Good old Doris!

Nice, if a little unusual, paint job on her tank. Could almost be a reflection.:cool:

Oh ... it IS a reflection!:eek: Silly me!!:p

10. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    That sump guard looks really good...... i'm gonny have something like that for my bike now too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    I've been ordering some nice bits for the wasp. Pick it up next weekend fitted with led indicators, anodised fluid pots and bar end mirrors.

Happy days

Atb

Bob

• Like Like x 2
  12. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Evotec from conquest carbon, through this site they give a bit of a discount.

• Like Like x 1
  13. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Was going out for a ride this afternoon but that bottle of Merlot got the better of me at lunch, so a snooze on the garden will round off a good lunch!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Eccleshall, Staffs
    After my little off on diesel have to report that the Thruxton is now back to A1 condition, new parts arrived yesterday and now fitted.

Pity can't order and fit new ribs, but did manage a quick 5 minute ride just to make sure everything ok on the bike, getting on and off hurt but riding didn't!!

Teejay

• Like Like x 2
  15. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg This evening was nice little ride around the Herefordshire countryside, very pleasant indeed :)

• Like Like x 6
  16. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Looks very serene indeed in that position Sam it was meant to be sort of thing,
    I bet Jesus rode a triumph (donkey was just for show, make him look common)

• Like Like x 1
  17. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #2877 TEZ 217, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    Love them covers crispey, (just found them on the evotech site)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Gel seat bought.....

It's starting!!!

Carbon next. Loving the look of that satin stuff... Very classy.

Atb

Bob

• Like Like x 2
  19. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Ha!ha you ain't spent nothin' yet

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Good to know that you're well on with the recovery. :)