Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Hi Scoot.
    Re the foot peg relocation thingy.
    I was just wondering if you have any dramas when you fitted it and roughly how much of a job was it. I'm pretty good with spanners etc so I can sort most mechanical things, (long time mech eng tech in a previous life)
    The reason I ask is that I'm thinking about going along the same lines.
    Took my Speedmaster out for a quick trot the other day and apart from my wrist hurting like !"£$ following busting it I found that I seemed to be 'over reaching' with my feet too, it never used to be a problem and I only use the back brake when stopped anyway. Maybe it's because of the fairly long 'time off bike' or my legs have shrunk in the wash.

2. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    #2702 Scoot65, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    No major dramas, I'm pleased to say!

Due to the kit I bought being second hand, the pegs / pedals came assembled, just as they'd been taken off the previous owner's bike. I think that a new kit from NH would have to have the pegs / pedals assembled from the kit form.

They did not take very long to fit at all. It was simply a case of removing the original pegs etc. and fitting the brackets etc in their place. The original fixings are re-used and a couple of new bolts and a pivot bracket for the rear brake operation.

The only issue I found was one bolt which attached to the new rear brake pivot bracket, it's nut fouled on the exhaust. I simply filed the bolt head down to about half it's original width and fitted it. It works fine. It could be that my exhaust is a very slightly out of alignment. I also need a new circlip for the rear brake master cylinder's connecting pin.

The 4" the pegs are relocated back towards the rider, makes a big difference in riding position, no stretching at all now!!
    I will say that the NH peg brackets do have a little bit of flex when you put almost your full weight on the pegs, but for normal day to day riding, no concerns.

BTW, whereabouts are you located (PM me if you prefer)

3. Sceptic Al

Cheers chap. Sounds like a real 'noddy' job for any who knows a spanner from a hammer. And as I said I'm no stranger to nuts and bolts having spent far too many years as a mech eng tech and fixing other mechanical stuff, lawn mowers, real cars/bikes etc, you know those things that came before all this fancy electronic fuel injected $#1te.
    BTW I'm over on the western side of the Lake District, (any further and I'd be on the Isle of Man), and just about right at the start of the Wainright's St Bees to Robin Hoods Bay Walk route, in fact about 2 miles inland of St Bees. In fact when we do our daily ramble with our barmy spaniel in the summer we keep tripping over lost walkers and cyclists and, they have just set off on the first stage of the route so gawd help 'em when they hit the fells. Any how, thanks for the info, I'll give NH a ring.

4. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Nice one. Keep us informed how you get on

5. FiftyCal

FiftyCal Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Birmingham, England
    I haven't done anything with my Triumph today, but it looks like I'll be cleaning it later :mad: WP_20160413_16_45_31_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    I always found that Triumphs attract pussies.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I think it reads more correctly and means much more to triumph owners written as -
    I ALWAYS THOUGHT TRIUMPHS ATTRACT THE PUSSIES :) ;)

8. FiftyCal

FiftyCal Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Birmingham, England
    I checked my workshop manual, can't find a pussy magnet anywhere in it, is it an aftermarket accessory? :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    gents...family server....just saying!

10. Sceptic Al

Mines in for a service, MOT, a general check over and rub down soft duster:)

11. gixerkev

gixerkev Member

Jan 24, 2016
    sheffield
    My clocks died (RIP) waiting for Egay lol Dont know how it was working anyway the wires inside were hanging off and it was full o rust

12. Sceptic Al

Nothing today but, picking it up tomorrow from my local fettlers who have just rang to say MOT passed and service done YIPEEE.
    Just need to restore my wrist to full working order. The bones are healing nicely and doc has cleared me with the caveat of "take it easy and don't do anything stupid", as if!!!!. So it's just physio to build up the muscle etc and I'll be rockin' just in time for the good weather:D

• Like Like x 3
  13. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Great to hear that you are on the mend Al, not long now :):):):):):)

14. Sceptic Al

Cheers biglad. Mending nicely but still hurts like a bugger. Now the doc has 'released' me it's the physio lass who's a real beatch and probably has a double lightning flash tattoo, jackboots and whip somewhere. Still as they say, no pain, no gain.;)

15. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Good to hear Al, just in time for the summer not that we get that much up here
    on these East and West coasts :mad: but when we do we enjoy it :):):):)!! and even when we don't which is most of the time WE MAKE DO ;);) !!
    Continue your speedy recovery and remember what ya Doc said o_Oo_Oo_O
    PS-
    Be gentle with that Physio lass as for the whip wishful thinking !!!

16. Sceptic Al

Cheers Tez:D

17. Steven Carter

Steven Carter Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Middlesbrough
    Cleaning since I can't ride. Looks unreal !

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

18. Sceptic Al

Bugger, that's where I've going wrong:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sceptic Al

Picked up the steed from the fettlers this morning, sailed through the MOT not even an 'advisory', new rear brake pads, (never use it anyway), valve shims done, carbs balanced and a nice clean machine. Sun shining, gentle but cold wind, sod it I'm not going straight back home, just yet.:rolleyes:
    Nothing energetic, just a nice gentle run along the back roads to Cockermouth for a coffee then a small burst of enthusiasm along the A66 towards Workington before turning off to meander home through some more lanes and villages. BLOODY FANTASTIC to be back in the grove even though my fingers were a bit numb and my wrist aches a bit, 30 or so easy miles must be about my limit, for now. :):D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  20. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Great News, start slow and enjoy Al