Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    So does the Speed Triple.

• Like Like x 1
  2. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    She went for the R1200R in the end,sounds bizarre after the Tiger but the weight is low down and more manageable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I had an R1150R for a while and rate it as one of the best BM's I've had. Simple to use, stripped-back fun to ride, excellent fuel economy, totally reliable.

Used it to take me & the missus from England down to Central France to collect the keys for our 1st new (then) house in France back in 2001 .

4. roadrider

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    She certainly enjoyed the test ride,it just seemed to fit.
    She tried desperately tried to stay with Triumph but nothing really fitted.
    With a 790mm seat height and a low CofG it works well,with all the packages fitted I've got enough brownie points for the rest of the year.
    Now where's that Triumph catalouge ;):D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yaya rider

Yaya rider Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Essex
    A little bit of prep before a weekend trip to Brecon Beacons next weekend. Got the sat nav case fitted to the handle bars.

Tried to fit the go pro mount to the engine bars and grab rail - need a bit of foam to make it fit, will nip to bNq tomoz. Will hopefully be able to have 2 cameras on the bike so I'll try to put a little video together for you all!

I took the touring screen off the bike to see how it affected the buffeting - felt much nicer to ride, and looked a lot nicer too!! I think I'm gonna leave it off for my trip. I managed to get 10 mins on the A127 doing motorway speed - the wind surprised me initially, but I think I'd rather deal with that than a weekend of buffeting as soon as I go above 40mph.

Have a good weekend all! image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

6. roadrider

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Did something I haven't done for 8 years (steady :D) I took my Mrs on the back of the Speed :eek:
    General consensus.......bloody horrible,didn't start well when she nearly slid off the back trying to get on.
    The seat's not exactly large and I'm not exactly small,not a good combination :confused:
    Hopefully it'll be another 8 years before we do it again.

• Like Like x 4
  7. SpeedM

SpeedM Member

Apr 30, 2013
    South Coast
    Great weather once the fog cleared so over to the dealer to book in the annual service for next week. Accepted the offer of a cup of tea and had a good look over bikes and accessories.

8. roadrider

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    I was taking her over to collect it

• Like Like x 3
  9. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    well I decided to go for a quick one early on today coz we had things to get on with later, was on the road before 8 am. Jeez it was colder than I expected, had to stop twice in a 40 miler to get my fingers working again, and that was with the hot grips on full. Damned old age and lack of circulation. Thought I was giving it some but got took by a Blade and a Prilla having a bit of a race, they left me for dead,lol. Blame the cold . Bile running fabulously.
    Great afternoon here but cannot go out again now as cooking dinner and having a slurp or 6.

10. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I know that feeling far too well. I need some sun on my bones.

11. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Steve,I've got a UK headlamp in perfect nick - 2,000mls only. It's yours if you want it?

12. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Took the Trophy out for a short spin. Engine management light appears to be stuck on. Going to try to get dealer to fix that plus new battery tomorrow.
    Decided to take my old Suzy out for a run. Got it started, but petrol was peeing out from one of the carbs. I think it's going to be an expensive week.

13. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    3 cycles of cold-hot-cold engine temperature used on earlier Triumphs (e.g my 2002 Daytona 955i CE - when I had it - and similar models) used to get rid of the eml shining brightly.:confused:
    Worth a try?

14. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Its been sitting there a while, so definately worth giving the bottom of the carb float chamber a bit of a gentle wack , probably a sticking float pin causing carb to keep filling with fuel may be an easy fix.

15. Eyore

Eyore Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2015
    Ireland
    Ditched the Datatool which was driving me absolutely nuts,I felt like belting it with a sledge when it was finally removed.
    As the tank was off I found a suspiciously loose power lead going to one coil , so squeezed it onto the spade and what do you know ? It cured a slight misfire that I was tyring to sort for ages.:D

• Like Like x 1
  16. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    I had real 'Man flue' on Boxing day, put me in Hospital for 5 days with Pneumonia and other complications, told I was 24hrs from being crated up for the furnace!
    They wanted to keep me in for another 2 weeks, but got too bored so had to go back every day for 10 days for a drip!
    Still not fully recovered, still not nearly as strong, and often cant get warm once chilled, 1st day out on the bike today for a 'proper' ride, really enjoyed it our there today!
    More to come tomorrow when I finally take the wrong alarm plug back to Triumph Edinburgh for the right one.

• Like Like x 2
  17. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    if there was a not like button I w3ould have pressed it?
    try the start-stop 3 times method, start her up let her warm up, stoop her and let her cool down then repeat 2 times more

18. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    stevethegoolie beat me to it

• Like Like x 1
  19. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Enjoying the warm weather finally. Only 13 degrees but it felt warm in the sun. Took the Tiger to the beach. 2016-03-13 18.08.08.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. FiftyCal

FiftyCal Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Birmingham, England
    See, you can fix most things with a hammer :)