Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PETER CLARKE

PETER CLARKE Senior Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    What you know what man flu is like he won't be able to see through his snooty visor:D

2. baldybiker

baldybiker Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Hertford
    Had a satisfying day in the garage. I fitted some attachments to my motorcycle lift suitable for twin cradle framed bikes and it some much needed care and attention.
    I remain amazed that after a year it still does not need the chain adjusted!
    IMG_0883.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    I know what you mean, however, I think all the newer Speedmaster risers come in black. Actually, I don't mind them in black. I suppose I could've had them powder coated, but I'm happy with the way they are.

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I like 'em in black - to match with the bars.

5. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Well it was only my opinion and they do exactly what you wanted from them without to much trouble always a worry what you are going to come up against, a excellent job:)

6. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    :)Burning petrol:)

7. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Dave you are always right you missed out the headlamp, hows house hunting going ??

8. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Not adjusting chain means you are a EASY RIDER born to be wild

• Like Like x 1
  9. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Took the Tiger in for it's 500 mile service this morning and they've kindly given me this cheeky little Street Triple Rx to play with. Not as uncomfortable as it first looks for an old git like me, although I do feel as if I'm sliding forward into the tank at times. However, the quick-shift and howling exhaust soon make up for that!

Obviously if I owned one I would (a) lose my licence. (b) kill myself. 2016-03-04 09.21.39.jpg 2016-03-04 09.43.02.jpg

10. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    C, buy a different helmet, such a tiger riders helmet that, nowt wrong I have one too!

• Like Like x 1
  11. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Ha ha - Street Triple not so good in snow and hail! Back on the Tiger and in Loomies trying to dry out!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

A day of pleasant surprises today.
    Since trashing my wrist some four weeks ago I haven't even looked at my Speedie.
    Opened the garage door, switched on, pulled out the choke and pushed the button.
    Surprise No1, cranked over no problem, so the battery is ok then.:)
    Surprise No2, cranked over a couple of times then wham bam, up and running.:)
    Got my son to get it on the centre stand.
    Surprise No3, slipped it to gear to run some lube through the chain, no strange noises.:)
    All I need know is to get my paw working properly but that's not till after Easter at least, well that's what the sawbones at the hospital say.
    Still a great day though.:D

• Like Like x 3
  13. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    The weather promises to be better very soon over here - boohoo - I'm still waiting for the house to be paid for :mad::(:(:(:(

14. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Hi Al Lets hope yer bike starts when your hand is mended and nothing needs doing to it apart from riding it, when I want to go and use things that I have not used for a while they almost always want something doing to them this time me bike is bleeding enigine oil but not serious and will be sorted soon, all the best

15. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Hi Pete. ~Once the busted paw is up to it the bike will be in for service and MOT, or better still, if my local spanner crankers have the time they'll come and pick it up so all things being equal both hand and bike will both be in running order at the same time.

16. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Took the Tiger to Bath - great run out in the sun and a good but cold one back under the stars. Also - Bath 25 London Irish 17 -result!

• Like Like x 1
  17. SpeedM

SpeedM Member

Apr 30, 2013
    South Coast
    Got the Speedmaster fired up for the MOT up at the main dealer. This was the first time in 5 weeks I had been able to ride the bike due to hernia repair surgery so it was great to get out.
    Managed to get a ride on the new Street Twin demonstrator whilst MOT was being carried out. Great little bike does everything it says on the tin although it does feel quite small obviously I am judging this against the Speedmaster which I have loved and ridden for 5 years which is very different. Not so not sure if it warrants dipping into the pension pot just yet although the boss (Mrs SpeedM) thinks that given my injuries and advancing years a lighter bike might be better.

• Like Like x 3
  18. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Well,the Wife's Tiger 800 was sold this morning:(
    First time in 6 years there hasn't been two Triumph's in the garage.
    She picks up her shiney new BMW on Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Steven Carter

Steven Carter Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Middlesbrough
    What BMW did you go for if you don't mind me asking. I was looking at the BMW f800gs before I went for the triumph tiger 800.

20. Clarkey

Clarkey Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Haven't been on here for a while been extremely busy at work
    A lot of very late nights
    But today while driving my family over to see my mum for Mother's Day driving through old Woking
    I followed a beautiful white 1050 it looked the bees knees just made me want to ride mine
    God they look good from behind

• Like Like x 1