Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Thats the wheels and clutch casing in-to PPS Inverurie this morning. The guy recons 2 to 3 day turn around 45 quid a wheel and looking at the feed back on some of the custom car web sites, should be a good clean job.
    Does any one know where to get 90 degree metal tyre valves?

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi JTD you can use 90° tyre valves, but I found that using these far easier and cheaper.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCYCL...R-VAN-TRUCK-/381325849933?hash=item58c8cab54d

I don't leave them on permanently I just carry one in my jacket pocket and screw it onto the valve when checking/adjusting tyre pressures. Job done, they work really well giving the access I need.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    I made the almost fatal mistake of using those and leaving them on. My front tyre lost most of its air on a run, scared the living sh*t out of me. Never again, but as the big man says I carry it with me just for re inflation using a garage tyre pump should the need arise coz they do not fit on my wheels

4. Messyart

Messyart Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Wiltshire
    Went out for a little ride and felt the rage of my headstock at 90mph. One hell of a wobble..

I also discovered an extra £80 stored in various places so am now considering the discounted engine service Three-Legged Cross have for the next 'couple weeks.
    The old fart's out for a few days so I should get the chance to sit out in a quiet garage!

...I might also scour my possessions for any more odd sources of money..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yaya rider

Yaya rider Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Essex
    New battery ordered for my 2012 T100 from http://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/, £45 for a Yuasa with a higher than standard CCA.

Free delivery and it arrived via UPS this morning - pretty impressive turn around!!

Will be fitting the battery later this week - fingers crossed.

6. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Oh you naughty person. Shame on you. The abuse court is waiting.
    :rolleyes:

7. Messyart

Messyart Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Wiltshire
    I should try and do more on this forum than abuse this thread but...

The old man buggered off out for the day so I took the opportunity to finally do something by myself. >.>
    Front wheel off, mudguard, forks, headstock taken apart.
    My races are filled with grooves. Eww. The steering shaft has a spot of rust, too..

My top bearings were in a plastic cage, bottom a metal cage.
    ..All lubed up with copper slip.

I figured I'd work out how to undo the bearing adjustment nuts when I got there and had a bit of hassle when I found the collective tool kit had nothing quite right for the job! (I have found a pair of the fancy square-holed Triumph tools on ebay for £20, so they'll be here Thursday)
    In the end I grabbed my little brother to hold up the bars and top yolk while I tightened the top back on and held it with a socket while I used a novelty over-sized adjustable spanner to twist them off..

8. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Anyone seen my Thruxton????
    Seriously Mr C.....There is only one colour to have a Thruxton in....& I`ve got it....Beautiful Diablo (DEVIL) Red;):cool::p

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Today, my best mate & ex triumph technician got round to fitting a caliper relocation bracket (Rear) on my beloved Thruxton. We tried yesterday, but the brake line was just a way bit tight on length & too stubborn to give any, so yesterday I phoned Hel brake lines & ordered one @ 34" long, despite me ordering about 3pm, it turned up today & the fitting begun. There lines are so easy to work with because you can swivel the banjo`s by taping up the metal ferrel to prevent scratching, holding the said brake line with a pair of grips , inserting a bar through the hole & twist the banjo to where you need it without it affecting the brake lines sealing at all. It also allows you to run the line where you need to as opposed to where the line positions itself by natural twisting caused in manufacturing
    Only problem was the little blighter was a bugger to bleed. We took the caliper off the the bike & raised it to aid air removal & bit by bit the brake returned.
    I ordered it from Carpy`s cafe racers over in California, he`s originally a Brit, so easy to talk too. His attention to detail is second to none & it is a really pretty, yet functional piece, being made out of one piece billet aluminium & polished to perfection.
    Wasnt sure if I was going to like it, but I did immediately & so something else to tick off the list of mod`s done during the winter months.......Roll on Summer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Well I will have to tell you, mine was red but now it's blue!

11. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Red, Green, Blue...what does it matter....No wait, i`m a bloody train driver....Of course it matters!!

12. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I put wheels in Monday 11.00 am, just had a call 09.30 am Wednesday to collect thats blasted and coated.bit nervous, off I go to get em.

13. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Good luck! Post a piccie

14. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi JTD, I'm looking forward to seeing them.:):)

15. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    here we go still need bearings and balanced pleased all round especially the clutch casing being magnesium the guy said it pits easily WP_000349.jpg WP_000348.jpg WP_000346.jpg WP_000343.jpg WP_000347.jpg WP_000344.jpg

WP_000349.jpg

WP_000348.jpg

WP_000346.jpg

WP_000343.jpg

WP_000347.jpg

WP_000344.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Piccy of the relocation bracket fitted yesterday...wasn't too sure if it would upset the appearance of the rear end, but it doesn't....thankfully:)

IMAG0396.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    very nice....... jtd:cool:

18. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Test rode the Tiger XRx and XCx today from Destination Triumph Solent.
    2 hours on the XRx and longer on the other one.
    Prefer the XRx and will put a report in the Tiger section when I have a little more time.
    Hayling Island was bloody freezing by the way! 20160203_103631.jpg 20160203_125719.jpg 20160203_131018.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #2379 Sprinter, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Nice, whole thing looks spot on, whats the thinking behind moving it?

20. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    less road crud gets in it as originally its underslung

• Like Like x 1