Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
  2. gixerkev

gixerkev Member

Jan 24, 2016
    sheffield
    It just turned up one day and adopted me

3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

This happens more than you think ! :rolleyes: We had a chicken adopt us for a year, called her Keith, lived on top of an old Skoda Rapid convertible I owned. Unfortunately got eaten by a fox :(

4. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I see your chicken and raise you a cat. ( bike runs purrrrfect in case you were wondering) image.jpeg

5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    What size are the eggs, 125 or 175?

6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Sorry your cat is only worth a kitten, it's on a KTM , now had it been on a tiger.....

• Like Like x 3
  7. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Very good Crispey ;)

8. gixerkev

gixerkev Member

Jan 24, 2016
    sheffield
    Lol

9. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

I had a Bantam once, a 1960's BSA one that that we used for thrashing round a local farmers field

10. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    didnt everyone either own or had a mate who let ya go on ,his good old bantam

11. gixerkev

gixerkev Member

Jan 24, 2016
    sheffield
    Ah happy days

12. alfie92

alfie92 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2015
    Birkenhead Merseyside
    Messed around with tuneecu, checking throttle bodies both good running at 370/380, only problem is when I disconnected everything and tried to run bike nothing, 13.7 on battery, full fuel, engine switch normal, side stand down turn key fuel pump runs press starter nothing. Lights all work, Checked fuses all good baffled, waiting until tomoz have another look. Any ideas would be most welcome.

13. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    It's not the handlebar cut-out switch is it?

14. alfie92

Nov 8, 2015
    Birkenhead Merseyside
    Hi Dave thanks for the comment, no that was one of the things I thought, same as lights for if the fuse missing or dead is also another thing that would give the same indication. Oh well plod on and keep checking things. Will keep all informed with any progress.

15. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    You didn't just unplug did you? That could cause a prob. Your headlight is working? I had intermittent contact on fuse so gave me false readings as fuse was making continuity sometimes. Didn't knock idle speed down to zero on tuneecu?

16. alfie92

Nov 8, 2015
    Birkenhead Merseyside
    Well lads my fault entirely had the bike up on the bike stand with the side stand down, and when I had been messing must of put the bike in gear, more than likely with the bike cover as I did not take it right off (being lazy) anyway went back out to it this morning and tried again and noticed the neutral light not lit and found my mistake, bike running great again now. I deserve a good slap. Cheers for your input, one to remember.

• Like Like x 4
  17. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    2 virtual slap ! Alfie, you daft bugger !!!! :eek::p

Glad you got it sorted ;)

18. gixerkev

gixerkev Member

Jan 24, 2016
    sheffield
  19. Messyart

Messyart Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Wiltshire
    Reminds me of the time I spent half an hour at 11pm, leaving time at work, trying to get my bike to go so I could head the 20 miles home.... Tried everything, worried the rain had killed my electrics (Only been riding a few months, panic wasn't too slow getting there!)

Called my old man, ran through everything I tried. He suggested more, nothing did it..
    Then I looked to where I put my helmet (Typically sat near the killswitch)
    And.. yea.
    "Sorry dad, it's going now I'm heading home. Cup of tea, please"

Been fighting a lack of pressure in the front brake. Free up the cylinder, squeeze out the air, bleed some more, pressure builds up, fluid moved faster than anticipated, pumped air back in from an empty cylinder before I think of checking the level..
    *Doh*

• Like Like x 1
  20. gixerkev

gixerkev Member

Jan 24, 2016
    sheffield
    Did the brake fluid trick last week :(