Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Sounds just a tad iffy to say the least, having a fag indoors with a fuel snafu

2. debz

debz New Member

Nov 7, 2015
    worksop
    Hi was having fag in the garden. Think problem found anyway I bought a locking fuel cap off ebay and it's looking like the culprit

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crispy

Crispy New Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Derbyshire
    Picked up my RX and rode it home. What a beauty of an engine! Can't wait to run it in and play properly.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Started it up, let it run, checked it out, checked the shed put it away.

5. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    There is a breather under the tank near the seat, just check that theres no smell from their, its only a plastic conection from the tank to the pipe, ( thats of course if the smell comes back) im thinking with the house getting warm and the tank expansion...

6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    take the fag out yer mouth first!! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. debz

debz New Member

Nov 7, 2015
    worksop
    Thankyou for the help, but since putting original fuel cap back on its fine. So have sent the other one back as it did move slightly from side to side so did not seal correctly

• Like Like x 1
  8. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    went out for a test ride on a tiger xc today, I must be shrinking! with the seat on the lower position my feet (toes) only just touched the ground, 31" inside leg, so would be dangerous 2 up with packed luggage so looks like the road version for me, not that I'm bothered! Lovely to ride, just stuck to the road and great acceleration. loved it! will be my 3rd bike as there's no way I'm selling Doris. Then got on the rattly old twin and had a blast round Surrey, didn't mean that! I love my Thrux! but you notice the difference between a twin and a triple. Now all I have to do is find one for the right money and mileage

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #2169 Rich Bryce, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    The sun came out after lunch so went for a quick blast up the A6 over to #1 Daughter's in Rushden. On the straightaway, down the dip with Santa Pod to my left my eye was caught by a Red Kite circling above the road. Magnificent creature in flight and I stared for a while. Nearly extinct not so many years back, one of the first (if not the very first methinks) conservation re-introduction projects was in Fineshade Woods on the Stamford road from Corby. The birds to be released were first brought to Corby Village (Rowlatt) School where the juniors looked after them for a while. The little girl next door to Mum's was pictured in the Evening Telegraph releasing one of the four (iirc) into the woods. Those kites do like their carrion and I've often seen them circling the roads around Corby but never before this far away. Anyone looking for a destination point on a nice day out could do worse than Top Lodge, Fineshade Woods, on the A43, just off the A47 junction, south of Stamford, west of Peterborough. Go on a warm summer's day, drive slowly up the entrance track and look carefully for basking adders, especially near the bridge. Cafe and pleasant walking trails, and a hide, of course, to view the nesting kites.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    5° and full sun. Perfect weather to test out my winter gear on a 50 mile trip taking in the Malvern hills. Saw some snow in the distance. My gloves worked well in conjunction with the heated grips and kept my hands reasonably warm. Hats off to the Triumph Navigator jacket and trowsers as both kept me very warm. All I wore underneath was a thin jumper, though I did have my long-johns on. I put the heated seat on at one point but I didn't really need to. Wearing an under helmet kept my neck warm. The only part of me that got cold were my toes. I need to invest in some thicker socks.

• Like Like x 2
  11. jezzasnr

jezzasnr Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Cornwall
    I was working in Exeter today, so took the opportunity to ride down & drop my Speed Triple in for it's 1st service with Bridge Motorcycles. Still love it!! Maybe a little bit more as i've now turned off the gear change lights.
    It's seems that they're set at 3500rpm for the initial running in. OK. makes sense, but as most of my riding this week has been at night, in the wet they'd been an unwelcome distraction.

12. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Not been out on either bike for a few days due to weather and being away. Cold but sunny today so kicked the Enfield over and took it for a quick run and then took the Trident out to fill it up.
    Chap filling up his car called out "nice bike" - we got chatting and it turns out he has a 2001 Thunderbird amongst other bikes. He liked the Trident and I like the idea of a Thunderbird and he's also thinking about selling it soon. We exchanged numbers - watch this space.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    The new Triumph Tiger Explorer 2016
    20151123_205757.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    OOOOOH!OOOOOOH! I'm out of control

• Like Like x 1
  15. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    If you spot the difference you'll know what I did today!! [​IMG][​IMG]

spotthediff.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    You made the jump then Crispey. Best of luck mate. :D

17. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Has the thruxton gone...?

18. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    OOOOOH NOOOO! That's my keeper, Doris and me 4evva

• Like Like x 2
  19. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Well done Crispey, you'll:):):):) lurve the Tiger !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Fitting my new 'to me' TOR exhausts to my America. Looks and sounds like it should do.

• Like Like x 1