Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Big Lad, now you've gone all KTM on us I think its scrambling your brain!! Take a peak at his avatar, it kind of says it all. If you've gone theres no hope for the rest of us.

2. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #2042 Rich Bryce, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    Did my 81 mile mainly motorway trip down to #1 son's in Blackheath yesterday. Not enjoyable at all. Used the gel seat pad I bought. Stopped halfway at South Mimms with chronic @rse ache to remove it. It's going back. Long time since I was on a motorway on a bike. Is it me or have driving standards deteriorated over the past 16 years? Cut up three times by cars leaving exiting till late. Another guy pulled across me form outside to 2nd inside lane on a four lane stretch when I was overtaking at a steady 70mph. Glad I was paying attention and managed to swerve around him. Think I'm gonna buy a helmet cam. On the way back, around 11.00pm on the M25 a few miles east of A10 exit saw a couple in dark clothing walking along the narrow hard shoulder. No broken down vehicles anywhere that I saw. Stopped at South Mimms and called the rozzers. Got home around midnight and discovered some rat b@st@rd had had it away with my Fuji road bike. Had got in to the secure area where it is stored and lifted it lock and all. Grrrrr! Fair enough I was planning on buying a new one and giving this one to my lad (it's really a size too big for me), but nevertheless. Waiting now for the CCTV to see if any faces are in view. The irony is I normally use the train when visiting and cycle across from Blackfriars.

3. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Thanks for the feedback Rich Bryce, I did once consider a gel seat for my Speedie, but decided against it, sorta glad I did now!

4. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    So, I had two big packages waiting for my on Friday when I got home, my Abba Skylift stand had arrived..woohoo:D

Spent an hour on Saturday afternoon putting it together, needed some bloody big spanners for the main bolts, improvised with a monkey wrench and plumbers grips, it has a 3 ton lift capacity on it! Got my Speedie up in the air and the front wheel off, took the wheel to the local tyre guys and for a tenner had them fit a Metzeler tyre I had on me.
    Balanced the wheel myself back home, but before putting it back on, I gave my front brakes a good clean, using HOT soapy water, washing liquid and a tooth brush I got all the crap out of the Brembo's, pushed out the pistons and got the ridge of scum off, lovely smooth action again. A quick spray of copper slip and the calipers were ready.
    Then spent an hour on each disc with the brush, getting all the grime outta there, also used a lot of brake cleaner on the disc bobbins to make sure they had free movement. A good spray of cleaner all over and a clean rag and put it back together. Even used the new hex socket kit I have with the torque wrench to ensure the pinch screws, caliper bolts and wheel axle were all done correct, I must have been quite over tightening them before!

With the new tyre on this morning I took the ride into London carefully, it is like riding on a knife edge, the response is so sharp. Also, I hadn't realised there was some vibration on the front wheel until the newly balanced front was on, the whole ride is a lot smoother now, I guess a balance of the wheels is needed every few thousand miles.
    The new tyre has 30g of weight in it, so needed quite a bit!

Next weekend, a good wash and a photo session for the guys at Abba as I had promised, they need some promo shots with a Speed Triple on their stand.:D

5. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Well done for assisting - notice no drivers coming to his aid. Can you advise of what camera and mount you are using as the footage is very clear

6. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    "All caught on my Drift Ghost HD s"
    It comes with an assortment of mounts from cycle helmets, flat surfaces and a dedicated helmet mount for the curved surface. The actual footage is much better than anything I upload to YouTube, you can watch it in full HD on a 46" screen

Action Cameras in London - £250

YouTube review

I wouldn't expect any cagers to help tbh, they were to obsessed with recovering the 100m of distance they had lost in the heavy traffic while waiting for us to clear the road!

I am not exactly a believer in Kama, but I hope that if/when I need help, someone would pull over and give a hand.
    I have fixed three punctures and helped fetch petrol twice for other bikers, plus stopping about half a dozen times where I can't help.

Plus I get a "I did good" feeling when the other biker is able to drive off, especially if it is cold and raining.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Just went 50 miles for a bag a chips then decided it was too cold to eat them outside.so came home and make tea. I plan on doing the same tomorrow.

8. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Do you drink this ..you should give a can to everyone you help, image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Just doing my job HT

10. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I want one, hell I want it all, I will pour it into my tank make my bike go Booooom! :D

Googling as soon as I post this

11. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Red Bull Gives you Wings, Red Thunder gives you UTube:D:D:D

12. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Aldi i Think

13. H1udd

H1udd New Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol
    I paid for her !!!!

14. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Pa
    Paid for who, you lost me...

15. H1udd

H1udd New Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol
    Paid for the bike ... She is now in my garrage and not in the show room ... Part-ex'd a Daytona 955 for a Thruxton

16. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk

Oh keep up Wayne ;-)

17. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Oh, right, ....... I was on another channel about Red Thunder, i have turned over now. Well done H1udd , look forward to see pics of your new Truxton. Best of luck with her.

18. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Wheeled penelope out of the shed for the first time tonight, shes not finished i still have the cooling system to fit, other exhaust, chain guard , a bit of the electrics and a few silly bits , bur shes looking more like a lady now

19. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Let's see some pics then....................................

20. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #2060 Havit, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    image.png image.jpeg First pic