Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I got one part of my paint work back , love the new colour .very happy :D image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That blue looks beautiful - does it match the tank?, have you had the fork legs done as well 'cos they look like new?

3. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I did the forks, yes tank side panels and rear mud guard 20150927_190858.jpg 20150927_220145.jpg

20150927_220145.jpg

20151010_162314.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That's an extraordinary improvement, very well done.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Just used 2 or 3 coats of Filler primer to take out the pits in the fork. there are a few deep digs that i could not do nothing about but certainly looks better than it did. Its going to be comming together soon. I have the sub frame on and swinging arm rebuilt and back on Electrics done Handlebars done just have Exhausts, Cooling System, Clocks And Bodywork to do. The only thing that lets it down is the Engine Covers, they are either scratched or have corrosion marks on them, i cleaned them as best i could but its never going to look like new. The Down pipes were just Rust and they want silly money for new and 2nd hand so i painted them Black,I will keep my eye out for a chrome set. The Back pipes are off a Harley , screaming Eagles, They are Chrome and i should get away with the rust on them. I managed to remove most of it. Will send Photos as i progress, I sprayed the wheels but i intend to get them Powder coated maybe next year, i will see how they weather.Thanks for your encouragment.

6. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Did my good Samaritan thing today, for a lady riding a lovely looking K Reg GSXR an the A40.
    From behind I could see a shiny screw in her tyre, after a little catch up I pulled her over and removed the screw before it got too deep and did any real harm.
    I followed her a little bit keeping my eye on her rear to make sure it stayed firm and I didn't observe any wobble. After giving each other a thumbs up we went our ways.

I always carry a puncture repair set with me, luckily I didn't need to use my kit but it was there if she needed it.

Lovely bike & sounded good

May post this on YouTube, but not really a big event.

7. DaveTheSuperVillain

DaveTheSuperVillain Active Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Takeley, Essex
    "I followed her a little bit keeping my eye on her rear to make sure it stayed firm and I didn't observe any wobble."

I presume you're still meaning the tyre?!?!?!?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    The tyre? oh...yes, of course...the tyre :D

9. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

A true gent, I wish the grumpy ignorant Lambretta riding git I stopped to help last week had been shown the same appreciation.

10. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    We were all thinking the same ..............................................................;):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I was thinking on the same line:D

12. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    #2032 Red Thunder, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    I could've pointed out her headlights seemed to be on full beam, and her body work still looked like new for an 92' model but I was more interested in making sure her rear end was safe from little pricks...

OK stopping now, or I am going to get an earful from one of our lady members for being a chauvinistic git:oops:;):)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    43 miles in 55 minutes average speed 46 miles per hour. ssssssssssshifting baby.
    is there any female members?

14. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Ty
    dirty git more like , what is it about girls in leathers . Can't wait to see the you tube, :D

15. DaveTheSuperVillain

DaveTheSuperVillain Active Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Takeley, Essex
    Noticed the other day that the seat lock wasn't actually engaging properly and the seat could be taken off with very little effort. So had to spend a few minutes last night adding a couple of washers under the latch in order to get it to engage properly........now locks in a treat!

DSC_9775.JPG
    Not difficult by any means, but not exactly what you'd expect on a new bike which hasn't even reached it's first service point yet, especially when it's hardly what you can call a cheap bike!?!?

DSC_9775.JPG

DSC_9777.JPG

DSC_9778.JPG

DSC_9779.JPG

16. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    No you wouldn't .may be worth mentioning it to them Dave.

17. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Took my new tyres out for a spin on some back roads. Bog standard Metzelers. What a difference. I knew the rear needed changing but the front looked okay to me with loads of tread left, hence only ordered the rear. When I went to collect it the service manager told me the front was well 'tatered, uneven wear etc. Said it must be a bugger to steer, and might have been the reason I dropped the bike second day I owned it a couple of weeks back (btw, mums the word, keep that just between us, don't want folk thinking I can't handle heavy machinery). So he ordered in and fitted a new front Tuesday. Today the first chance of a proper ride. Blimey, what a difference. I thought it was nice before, now it's so nimble and really is rock steady slow manoeuvring in tight turns, and nimble weaving in slow moving traffic. Anyway, then I popped over to #1 daughter's to put the cleaning gear in her garage to good use, in between the rain showers (nice way to rinse off the suds). Polished her up and got her nice and splattered on the way home.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #2038 Havit, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    fair play to the service manager, tyres make a massive difference not only the handling but in weather as well. Glad your feeling the benefit of your new boots. Bad ones only lead to trouble image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Got my video up, when I put the helmet/camera down I had it facing the wrong way, so didn't record us checking her rubber out. Also a little clip I thought was funny of a wedding cart going by with the bride hidden amounge her huge dress...

YouTube clip

• Like Like x 3
  20. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Well done RT, your bike looks very nice btw, I didn't remember it having the white/cream stripe?