Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Love that Flying Millyard

• Like Like x 1
  2. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #1982 Havit, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Yes me too, be nice in my garage

3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Did 50 miles to Fraserburgh and back, got some cheap Draper expert sockets and spanners off Gumtree.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham

try these
    http://http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/

http://www.triumphhinckleyparts.co.uk/

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/National-Triumph.. always worth calling them

5. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Bought a Triumph OEM solo sixty8 seat off gum tree yesterday, so I'm off to see if I can fix it on in place of the stock plank.

• Like Like x 1
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Did my quicky round Surrey/Sussex, beautiful weather beautiful roads, missed the traffic, now having a tea at Rykers.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Someone get me a glass of water ....Triumph Dublin have my parts in!!!! Only bummer. The An Post are on strike will have to be collected or courier as if the parts are not dear enough.

9. Clarkey

Clarkey Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Haven't been on here for a while work/Honda cbr600 rebuild taking most of my time
    But did get time to clean my triple today so hopefully taking her out tomorrow

10. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Strictly speaking it was yesterday, but I saved three lives on my Bonnie! First on the outward leg of my 'test-the-solo-seat spin', going down Bedford High Street, just past the Pelican crossing outside Barclays, a bloke in a bright white tee shirt holding a kids hand just wandered in to the road way when the lights were clearly on green. Luckily my reactions are like greased lightning and I avoided the pair of them and the following cars in the adjacent lane. Phew! Then on the way home, in the dusk, at the lights at the Pilgrims Progress corner (Wetherspoons with cracking good ales at keen prices), turning left next to the Bulgarian store, a bloke just wandered across the road from the Tesco's end (it's at a 45-degree angle) - the pedestrian light had to have been on bright red, I was accelerating round on green. So I revved hard and beeped to alert him and he just kept walking in to my escape line. Luckily my reactions are quicker than a speeding bullet and after doing a life saver I swerved round the back of him avoiding both him and the on-coming traffic. Now I haven't read the highway code since I passed my test in '74 so I will admit things might have changed, but I'm sure that with the right of way in both cases I had every right to eliminate these idiots from the gene pool. But I didn't and instead their lives were saved. Blimey, us bike riders, eh?

11. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Actually, whilst it doesn't make any sense at all, pedestrians in built-up areas have right of way under ALL circumstances - no matter how daft their actions.

12. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    #1992 Red Thunder, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    On the way in this morning through central London, I was accelerating after some lights and there is zebra crossing 100 yards up the road, a lorry is held up by traffic and is half way across it on the oncoming side and it 'appears' clear, however, my sixth biker sense is tingling and I slow down, duck my head low to see under the tail gate of the lorry and see a pair of white ankles in heels striding across the black n white stripes. I slow down sharpish, but not with urgency just as the cutest redhead steps out from behind the lorry, unfortunately my fellow bikers who were trying to out accelerate me didn't and cruised on past her with an inch to spare. She gives him the bird, then she looks at me, our eyes met and she gives me a smile and wave.

I also swapped over the rear brake caliper yesterday for one I obtained off ebay. My old one's slider had seized and I couldn't loosen it, and got the replacement for £90, including all pads and fittings... my bike is 2010, new one came off a 2014. I even did a good proper job of bleeding it and the response and feel back is top notch.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Nothing like your own sences in situations like that, Funny you said about the rear caliper, mine is the same. Theres still plenty on the pads at the moment but when they are worn i will have to replace the whole caliper. the screw head is a stupid set up do you agree....

14. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I hate to spoil it for you, but 2 fingers flapping up and down isn't a wave! ;-)

15. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Probably being a bit stupid here, but what do you mean "Screw Head" or do you mean the literal design of a screw head.
    If you do have a rounded screw, there are still ways to free it up, look at the following for ideas:

- Delboys Garage (Moonfleet41)
    - Stripped Allen Bolt Fix
    - Rounded Nuts!
    - Caliper Rebuild

16. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #1996 Havit, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    . The slider on my bike is removed by unscrewing it from a calliper the problem is they seize up and the heads are not the strongest . The one in the pic was so seized that the head is solid but the slider turns . It can't come out unless the head of the screw is undone . Other than drilling it out I would rather replace it. I don't think they had ever seen cooper grease, looking at the pic it don't look that bad but believe me it is solid . The Pistons were solid too but I have them working fine now. Starting on the front ones tonight image.jpg

17. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    This weekend I put my Trident away in a mates garage - so I could borrow his new Tiger Explorer to "try it out"
    All I will say is it will be hard to go back to the Trident.

IMG_20151004_113333736.jpg IMG_20151004_113346616.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Ah, okay, so the cover screw for the pin is seized
    Yeah, they are only meant to be nipped up, I have heard of some people using thread lock on them fearing they will come undone!

It is quite possible to drill them out, start off with a small drill bit and gradually increase in size, you may be able to do a series of them in a row to get a screw driver in deep and get better leverage.
    They would cost no more than £5 delivered I would think to replace them.
    On my bike, it doesn't have those screw cap covers, but I do ensure a dab of copper grease on the thread which helps immensely when they need removing.

Do try other sprays other than WD40 to get in there and loosen it off, and try heating it up, even a ciggy lighter on and around the head may be enough for you to shock it free with a bang on the end of a screwdriver

• Like Like x 2
  19. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #1999 Havit, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Thanks for the advice, will give it a go

20. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    $Jeez $I wish I had a mate with a Tiger! Then again I wish I had a mate![​IMG]

• Like Like x 4