What Have You Being Doing With Your Non-triumph Today?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MrOrange, Sep 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @Sandi T: Your new handlebars look really cool! ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona

Thanks, @Markus! I appreciate the feedback. :):kissing_heart: I’m pleased with how they look and how they frame the big TFT screen in the fairing. I’m going to take it on our Sunday ride in the morning which will be about 100 miles so I should have an even better sense of how much I like them in terms of feel. I’ll keep you posted!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @Sandi T: All the best for your upcoming "testride".;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Cut down one tree in my garden and topped another, trimmed all the hedges, then serviced the Stihl chainsaw and hedge cutter, I love working on these 2 stroke machines, cheap genuine parts compared to Triumph, I only run all my 2 stroke machinery with E5 and fully synthetic 2 stroke oil, and they keep on running like a swiss watch. All the gardens done now and can get back to sorting the rest of my things for next weeks S100 road races, here's praying that everyone keeps safe and arrive home ok.

IMG_20240701_144058.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Markus! The test ride is in the books. Our Sunday ride yesterday was just shy of 100 miles and I rode my Street Glide with my new handlebars. I’m very happy with my choice which is good because I was a little concerned they might feel too high. But I think initially that was just the difference with my stock bars being quite low and the new ones being higher. The bike handles great. My position is very comfortable and I think will be particularly comfortable for our higher mileage tours. They do feel somewhat wide when I am backing up with the bars fully locked to the left or right, but not so much that it’s a problem. Overall, I’m very happy with my choice! To top off the bars I’m waiting for Kuryakyn to make their Iso -Grips for the new bars that fit the 2024 Harley touring bikes. Evidently the throttle fitting is different so grips from 2023 prior won’t work.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @Sandi T: That sounds really good! I hope with the upcoming new grips your "project" ends in a very good way.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I have a 1/5th scale RC off road car with a 23cc 2 stroke (hedge trimmer) engine which has always run on premium fuel and FS bike oil and it's had zero problems despite the stick it gets.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Decided to get the mother ship ZZR back on the road, not run since last October. Laid up with a full tank of E5, some fuel stabiliser, fresh oil and the battery kept tip top with the Cetek. Started first stab of the button.:) Sailed through the MOT after the tester changed a dead number plate light which I'd missed. A whopping 664m since last year.:laughing: Felt really strange after 8 months on a Triumph twin, semi racing crouch riding position and a performance recalibration required I think! A twist of the wrist reminds me why I could never sell it. The Scrambler feels like a Chaise Longue in comparison.:joy:

IMG_2024-07-04-121454.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  9. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Definitely needs "a twist of the wrist recalibration" from a street twin :joy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. BATEBY45

BATEBY45 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Got back Sunday evening from the FIM Meritum in San Marino and the 2024 FIM Rally in Chianciano Terme Italy on my Suzuki Burgman 400, 59 plate.
    2,900 miles round trip after 100 miles of rain from Calais towards Dijon it was hot and sunny until coming north towards Dijon on the way home I was caught in the thunderstorm that flooded parts of Switzerland and eastern France on Saturday evening, otherwise a good trip 4 nights B&B 8 nights camping.
    Looking forward to the Motocamp in Slovakia in early August.

• Like Like x 4
  11. FellZebra

FellZebra Elite Member

Mar 9, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    @Pegscraper, Looks a lovely bike that does. I've fancied one of those for a while now. I have no actual need for that much power or speed, but just feel I need to have the ZZR1400 experience just because it's there!

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Phenomenal engine and no good for me, as it's just an easy licence loser.
    Nice bike for longer distances though, effortless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    TBH, I ordered it before the official launch in 2012 to replace the huge disappointment I had with the Ducati. After years of radical top end sports bikes I decided I wanted (NEEDED) more comfort and the Z has that but still has the performance. At 250+kg it's no lightweight so not as nimble as a Fireblade/R1/Gixer etc but as Eldon says, a phenomenal engine which can be a liability!:joy: Mile crunching capability but admittedly, not the versatility of a full on tourer. They're not available new anymore so if I sold it and regretted it (been there before:sob:), it'd mean looking for a good used one, so it's staying, albeit in semi retirement you might say!:laughing:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    A friend turned up at my house one day and we started talking about it his (ZZR1400).
    Take it for a go if you want?
    No need to ask twice :yum
    He has dodgy knees so he'd lowered the footpegs about 40mm or something and it felt awful, but obviously suits him.
    A few corners later, and I consciously decided to ride tip toed after scraping the floor too easily. o_O
    Overtaking is such a breeze, you really do need to be looking at the speedo, otherwise points make prizes :poop:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Well it's shaping up nice for tonight's opening practice session up in the paddock, it's glorious sunshine, the road is in great condition as well. Davey Todd's Ducati is rather tricky, I certainly learned something new watching the Ducati guys setting up the front suspension, it involved a slick electric starter and laptop plugged in to the front set up, running it through the rev range before adjusting it to a base setting.

IMG_20240708_133624.jpg

IMG_20240708_133636.jpg

IMG_20240708_133650.jpg

IMG_20240708_133714.jpg

IMG_20240708_133857.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  16. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Micky Ds machine, plus a plethora of tyres. Michael Sweeney's Apprillia look rather cool.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    .all practice cancelled tonight, incident with 3 riders on the newcomers sightings lap (S100 course that is) and with no further capacity at the hospital, it was decided to cancel for the safety job everyone.

IMG_20240708_140449.jpg

IMG_20240708_135139.jpg

IMG_20240708_135129.jpg

IMG_20240708_134618.jpg

IMG_20240708_134559.jpg

IMG_20240708_140449.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  18. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Fartomany

Fartomany New Member

Jun 29, 2024
    CHCH NZ
    Great stuff ... got a couple of large trees to drop and firewood, and have hauled all saws out for a going over, etc .. nice to know what someone else runs their's on ! In the meantime, took the mufflers off the 1200 Bonnie I picked up cheap, sick of them catching on things when backing out of garage, etc ! 17.6k of weight gone .. did the 10 min warm-up and shut down twice, which apparently resets computer to suit, seems to work ok ? Lovely note (and not overly loud) but the left side blats on the foot for the centre stand, no matter, that is about to disappear anyway ..(weight) !
    Now .. does anyone know, or has replaced the twin discs with a larger dia single and better caliper ? Toying with the idea to lower weight more and up braking somewhat ?? Kawasaki stuff makes a world of difference to HD big blocks ! Thanks in advance ... I Hope ???? :)

20. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #2940 Eldon, Jul 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2024
    "Houston we have a problem!"

20240709_070336.jpg

The other night, a car failed to Give Way at a roundabout. My youngest managed to avoid hitting it full on, but in the process he dropped it whilst heavy braking and leant over. The bike slid, then obviously made contact with the cars wheel or something. The forks are now back, the front mudguard catches the mock radiator cover panel, and also they are offset to the right :eek::rolleyes:

The steering is so heavy you wouldn't believe, hopefully it's only the stem that's bent as they are a bizarre design with only a lower yoke, no top yoke at all.

All the usual gravel rash marks :confused: turned up to join the party.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1