We Have A Dutch F1 Champion!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Vulpes, Dec 12, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    #41 Dartplayer, Dec 15, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    Not bad for a 2nd option :p

95691E7D-0830-4479-AFF4-11A9CCEF2B77.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
  2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    As soon as drs came out, it lost its integrity for me.
    No longer the fastest first in my eyes. If that was the case, he (any driver) could do it on skill and not needed to be needing a booster on the straight imho.
    Hopefully, next year is different.
    However, MotoGP wasn’t exactly thrilling either?

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    WSBK is where the real racing is IMHO

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Lewis Hamilton is also very quick on a motorcycle, he turns in some fast track times, he has done closed track days with some of the WSB front runners, some may recall how he turned in some quick laps riding Valentino Rossi's Moto GP R1M, he is well into his bikes. Regarding technology from F1, Moto GP, WSB etc, it is transferred down to road going motorcycles and cars, for me personally I embrace this technology having ridden many bikes and cars from the sixties, seventies and eighties with no aids, try pushing a no electronics car or bike the same as one with it's a no brainer, the same goes for clothing, for me the latest crop of air bag clothing is a huge step forward and I now have a set of air bag leathers myself. Back to Lewis Hamilton he is the only racing driver in history to have been knighted whilst still a racing driver. For me it does not matter who a person supports or not, it is about what the person has achieved, some of the best racers I have had the pleasure of watching and speaking with over the years have continued well into their late forties, John McGuiness 49 years of age and has just signed for Honda Racing, and the most successful living TT rider in history, he has a long history of racing, Grand Prix racing, British Champion, Macaque winner, Daytona and the list goes on, Mike Halewood and his 2 TT comebacks (and won on a privateer Ducati supplied by Sports Motorcycles)) after a very long lay off (and he was successful racing cars). Gosh I know this is slightly digressing, however it was through the awful - awful crashes and fatalities that brought about the huge improvements in safety we see today, would anyone in their right mind wish to go back to those dark days. I remember the time you rode with no helmet, no seat belts in cars, would anyone contemplate doing either now, I doubt it as we know it can help save serious injury or worse. Ride safe all

• Like Like x 3
  5. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    I'm really happy Max won , I enjoyed the race, in fact the whole season

• Like Like x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Makes for an exciting year next year. Let the battle begin.
    Joe

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2