Thruxton TTS Supercharger kit

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by dickydido, Jan 23, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Which version of the company?
    IIRC TTS have gone bust then restarted up with a slightly different name a number of times now....

2. Midas

Midas Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Manchester, UK
    #22 Midas, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    TTS Performance Parts Limited as they are registered now has been active since 2005 which is around when I first heard of them doing superchargers for the Rocket III...They also just took delivery of a new £80,000 Haas VF4 CNC machine a couple of days before I went down there, so the fact that they have just taken delivery of that and it was up and running as well as the one they already have would tell me they aint going out of business anytime soon....

http://uk-company.a2w3.com/co/05513721

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/05513721/TTS-PERFORMANCE-PARTS-LIMITED/companies-house-data

3. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Relax, I didn't say they're about to go bust this time.
    dickydido referred to "many years ago" and I believe TTS has restarted a few times since it originally started trading in 1982.

4. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Hi Midas,

......it had to be back in 1992......so that is many years ago!.....blimey, 25 years ago in fact.......I took a SRX 600 Yamaha there to be heavily breathed on, the work/components cost me a lot of money, I had lots of problems with them, both in customer care and the bike was not right when I got it home and I tested it.

When I complained they said bring it back and we'll put it right and it will cost you this much for us to do it!!!, I was totally gutted and furious at their attitude.........I stripped it down and got machining done locally.....put it back together and it flew then.......as always......I shouldn't have sold that one!

I was just sad and shocked to hear you were experiencing problems from the same company so many years later.......I sincerely hope it's just a blip and in a few days time you are smiling like a demented loon while you struggle to get the front wheel touching the road again.......please keep us all posted with the outcome of your exciting project.......me, jealous?.....you bet.

Cheers,

dickydido

5. Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett Member

Oct 25, 2016
    South East, UK
    Hi Midas, I saw your bike at the show and had a good look around it. They've certainly made a lot of changes to the exhaust routing and cooling system. Hope you get it sorted with TTS soon and that the bike is running well. Sam

• Like Like x 1
  6. Midas

Midas Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Manchester, UK
    #26 Midas, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Well, the bike is back and up and running. Not had a chance to get out on it properly because of the great British, especially Manchester weather. Here are a couple of pics for now and I'll report back when I've had chance to ride it properly....

IMAG1157.jpg IMAG1166.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
  8. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Midas,

That looks fabulous...so neat and integrated......looks 'factory'.........really pleased for you.

Please keep us updated with how it goes.......if poss please put a vid on with some sound.....would love to hear it running......enjoy!

Cheers,

dickydido

9. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    mental......love it !!!

10. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
  11. Luegolover

Luegolover Member

Apr 5, 2016
    London
    Come on Midas, give us an update, you're killing me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Midas

Midas Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Manchester, UK
    Got some tuning issues that need sorting out.....I cant say I'm too happy right now, but either way I'll do a write up as promised later. Dont get me wrong, it's up and running but a couple of things aint quite the way they should to be...

• Like Like x 1
  13. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Hi Midas...

.....I noticed the time of your post.....2:51am........crikey!.........were you out in the workshop fettling the beast?.......or sat indoors, a very large whisky in one hand, mulling over the next job on your tick list to get the bugger running right?...

I sincerely hope this all pans out to your satisfaction.....thank you for sharing your highs and lows with us......and........keep on top of the b'tards until they get it right for you.

In these days of 'social media'......what you put on this Forum will have a significant impact on how many of these conversions they sell and what the public think about them as a company they can trust......or not.

A footnote for Mr Orange, as a moderator of the Forum.....do you know if anybody in a position of authority has access/reads this Forum inside Triumph?

Aside from all our banter and bollox they could learn a lot, (well, maybe some useful stuff at least!) about their machines and associated interactions from other related parts and service providers .......I bet the couple of bikes that were supercharged for them and then heralded throughout the press were fully sorted out!

Cheers,

dickydido

14. Luegolover

Luegolover Member

Apr 5, 2016
    London
    Hey Midas, how is the bike going?

15. rhino

rhino New Member

Dec 11, 2019
    Idaho USA
    I was about to purchase this kit from TTs for my 2016 Thruxton R, but reading this thread I am having some reservations. Has anyone heard from Midas?

16. PhilJ

PhilJ New Member

Jan 14, 2018
    South Wales
    I had a bit more luck with mine, bought the rotrex supercharger kit, forged Pistons, Scorpion headers, Commander5 ECU, uprated head gasket, clutch springs, all from tts performance. I also bought a bespoke set of fuel injectors from Roke Motors of Amsterdam. The kit was posted to me in South Wales and fitted by REPs performance bike shop. I now have 135hp at the rearwheel and 157NM torque.

View attachment IMG_8024.JPG

IMG_8041.JPG

IMG_8043.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  17. PhilJ

PhilJ New Member

Jan 14, 2018
    South Wales
    Uprated camshaft being fitted this week, to increase valve opening and duration. Aiming for 145hp at the rear wheel and 165NM torque.

• Like Like x 3
  18. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:eek:Feckin hell mate :eek:

do you not fancy a Rocket 3R :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. PhilJ

PhilJ New Member

Jan 14, 2018
    South Wales
    Yes, I'd like one of those as well, but the supercharged thruxton is staying; I ride it regularly, with a big grim on my face every time I get out on it. It chews rear tyres to bits, but that's a small price to pay.

• Like Like x 3
  20. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:cool: