Think Your Bikes Safely Tucked Away In the Garage?? Think Again!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Thruccyboy, Jan 20, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Really good one !!!!

2. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Cheers for that.......Well, the almax series III has arrived, weighing in @ 26lbs for the 2.5 mtr chain only, it`s like fighting with a grizzly bear to route it, but boy oh boy, it looks very intimidating indeed. My work here is done....well, for now or until I can find something else to rant about.....Like, how comes if the price of crude oil is cheaper per barrel than a bag of walkers crisps....How come oil for your bike is still priced like white gold???? Or....Why in the UK do we have to be ripped off (yet again) by only getting 4 litres of oil when our continental friends (not the tyre people) mostly still get 5 litres!!!! which is nearer to the old gallon of oil we used to get back during the war!!!! rant over, yet again.:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Well, for the first time in my life I can boast that iv`e got a big one:):p;)

IMG_0745.JPG

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    "It's a monster!!!!!" - :eek::eek::eek:

5. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Thanks again biglad, glad youve noticed.
    I think I now know how charles atlas got his physique.....he just used 2 chains for his 2 bikes!!!!
    Wonder if my girlfriend will notice the change in my body physique??? or even my lovely wife for that matter?:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    2.5m. Wow that's big, does it really need to be that long. Let's see a picture of it in place.

7. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Rooster, it must be your lucky day...i don`t normally compare sizes, but as your asking here it is.......
    The bike is on a SAL ramp which weighs a bloody lot, so much so that I can only lift one end on my own for only a short time. All together with the bike, the whole lot must be approaching 500 kilo`s The chain goes underneath in a 55mm square welded beam across the ramp, then comes up over the swinging arm then through the frame above the exhaust....If they want it....Then they`ve got their work cut out & they had better come mob handed too. it`s not the only security on it, or on the garage,but they`ve seriously got to want this bike to go through all that pain.
    `I`m contemplating a ground anchor, but my floor is a little uneven (Rippled) so I thought for now that this is a suitable option.

IMG_0746.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Yes if they steal that then they worked hard for it.

9. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

An even better idea would be to treat the offender to some ROUGH JUSTICE just like in the Middle East. It's bloody hard to ride a bike with a 4" x 3" x 0.5" piece of plank bolted to your right paw for the first offence, and, even more difficult when your right paw's been lopped off for the second offence

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    I'm not affiliated in anyway to Allmax, but I am impressed with their customer service & the lock & chain I have just purchased.
    When was the last time anyone from a shop you had ordered from phoned you to see if your choice of products were going to be suitable? + the chains are English not made under carefully monitored conditions in some foreign country, when 6 months down the line after they've won the contract they may reduce the quality in favour of profit....yes they are dear, but I've spent a Bob or two on my bike & I want to keep her as safe as I can.

11. Noel16

Noel16 Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Highbury, London
    Crispey I have been a curtain twitched until my 2.0m length almax lV arrived this morning... I'm gobsmacked. It's like an anchor chain and its ridiculously heavy. I can sleep easy now... I could not use anything else now from all the reviews and other hefty priced chains on the market.. I can recommend this chain enough.. It's an absolute monster

• Like Like x 1
  12. Noel16

Noel16 Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Highbury, London
    Typo**
    Can't x 2...
    Twitcher..

13. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    #33 Thruccyboy, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Glad your impressed with the Allmax chain.
    It`s sleep inducing security at abeit a moderate cost me thinks

• Like Like x 1
  14. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Samsung now do a hub device - connect to WiFi and put sender under bike seat. If the bike moves the unit will alarm and alert your phone. You can have as many devices required and name them all ie triumph, gsx etc. Personally I ground anchor in garage have extra locks on doors and park up to door with ca r or van.

15. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Heh! Heh! Fooled em all! I put a sign on the garage door that said " NO BIKES STORED IN HERE OVER NIGHT"

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Well, you know what they say dont you?????
    There`s no fool like an old tool... I think that`s how the saying goes:p:D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Noel16

Noel16 Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Highbury, London
    It is real peace of mind...

18. FiftyCal

FiftyCal Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Birmingham, England
    When you spend upwards of £10000 on a new bike you'd think the dealer could bung a £250 lock and chain into the deal

19. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    You would indeed.
    Personally, I don't rate alarms as a deterrent. Visible good quality chain + lock, round something solid,
    and a tracking device if you really want it back. As Ive said before on here, if insurance companies really discounted their products for quality security it would surely go hand in hand & everyone's a winner.
    Yet another rant over....I need a lie down now:);):cool:!