Speed Rr Comfort.

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by BT81, May 26, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BT81

BT81 Member

Jul 31, 2021
    Lichfield
    I actually think not having fairing would make all the difference. A bit of wind blast would I am sure add to the excitement, and with the higher clip ons, it'd be like a big moto 2 765. I'm not spending money on (it's on PCP). Heyho. I've had more wins than loses over the years. This is a miss, the only miss I've had prior was a Diavel.

2. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    Ah well, you have to live the experience to understand it & it sounds like your happy to live & learn in this instance.

So what next? Demo a 765RS if you haven't.

3. BT81

BT81 Member

Jul 31, 2021
    Lichfield
    I've had x2 765rs. So I'll probably give another a miss ;-)

Next. Who knows. But something I can explore more on. You know when you are out riding and you see a road and think 'where does that go' - but avoid because there is moss growing out the middle of the road haha. I want a bike to go down those roads.

Maybe I'm at a stage to own an adventure bike. Not because I'll be off reading. Just because there are plenty of roads I avoid on 'sporty bikes'

So a Scrambler 1200 / Tiger 900 / KTM SMT. Or whatever else is about. I'll still have the RR next year, it was incredible at Touring in France. I'll enjoy doing more of that.

4. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    For a bike you don't like what made it incredible at Touring in France? The higher bars?

You know when you are out riding and you see a road and think 'where does that go' - but avoid because there is moss growing out the middle of the road haha. I want a bike to go down those roads.
    Maybe I'm at a stage to own an adventure bike. Not because I'll be off reading. Just because there are plenty of roads I avoid on 'sporty bikes'

I do know, at 57 I'm starting to feel the same way. And the Tuono is frustrating going slow, it prefers hard & fast.

5. BT81

BT81 Member

Jul 31, 2021
    Lichfield

In France is was incredible because you could use the performance. Not going crazy speeds. But when you are in the countryside and using the torque to sweep road cars. It was ideal for covering distance. Literally a Gram Tourer. Covers distance, but can dance when you get to the twisty roads.

In the UK, the stop start nature of the roads, slower speeds. I just don't think that suits the RR.

Also, the suspension is amazing out there. Again, feels so good. And lastly. It looks soooooo good. Getting on the euro tunnel to see a row of BMW GS, getting on with the Speed RR. Looked good.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    These are really interesting posts as I have the 1050 RS and the engine is really punchy with superb mid range, just where you want it on UK roads. It’s super quick and fairly comfy but the RR just looks so good. Hence the conundrum. No one seems to have one on demo so I can’t get out on one locally.
    My thought process was to exchange the RS for one in wintertime when the dealers are looking to make a sale, but now I’m not so sure..!
    Damn the RR does look good…
    My other bike is a pure racer for the road but even that has a lot of midrange ( MV F4 1000R, 2004 bike) so I don’t really want to have two similar bikes…!

7. Marco Wikstrom

Sep 28, 2023
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Wasn't me. It was a guy I talked to on a Sunday morning bike gathering. He said that someone else did it for him and it cost a lot of money.

8. BT81

BT81 Member

Jul 31, 2021
    Lichfield
    For ABM, you get everything in a box. In respect of fairly easy. Depends what that means. For me, no. I got a mechanic to do it for me. Nothing needed re routing or lenghting - Say £300 for the bars, £200 for fitting. I still think that is worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    If it improves the bike like that then it makes complete sense.
    Can you post some more photos of the bike with the risers in place? I would just like to see how it affects the look of the bike ?
    Thanks.

10. BT81

BT81 Member

Jul 31, 2021
    Lichfield
    What I will say as well. I have the height of the clip ons in the default position, you can increase/decrease the height if you want. I probably would lower than a few mm if I could be bothered (Adjusting them once fitted is an easy job)

53187649380_9cc0edd5f9_c.jpg

53627679055_828836c83d_c.jpg

53565496129_6279cb3bf2_c.jpg

53664569525_c49218b967_c.jpg

53745137863_e651a2a73b_c.jpg

53993251514_cc6aa3e91e_c.jpg

11. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire