Thruxton Rolled the dice......Black No. Plate is no more

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by jeznewsome, Apr 8, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mentalist

mentalist Active Member

Sep 28, 2016
    wigan

2. mentalist

mentalist Active Member

Sep 28, 2016
    wigan
    Only paid £48 from plates for less
    All done and dusted online. Lucky my insurance was due so cost me nothing to change the policy details

FB_IMG_1499777522778.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Strange what people like I'm allowed to run a black and silver on my 1974 Triton but prefer the yellow one:neutral:

4. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    What you say about ANPR is true, it won't ping for tax & insurance, however, it provides a lot more info include make, model, colour and year to enable them to spot cars with the wrong plates on etc. if they are in the mood to check properly.

I live not far from Matlock where bikes gather evenings and weekends and have seen them issuing penalties to people with non standard plates.

There were two bikers complaining on Faceache a few weeks ago about getting £100 fines for black plates. And there's endless moaning from the micro plate sports bike guys.

I think it depends where you are. I rarely see police cars where I am but go into Nottingham or Derby and they are everywhere.

5. jenkspj

jenkspj New Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Salisbury, UK
    Down here in sleepy Wiltshire there are, other than on the M4 and A303, virtually no police. The Traffic Unit that used to be based in Salisbury was moved to Melksham so they rarely come this way. I'm told that on some weekends there are 4 traffic cars to cover the whole of Wiltshire... 1346sq miles and just 706,000 people.
    There are no camera vans and none of the cameras work... no money to support and service them.

Go into Hampshire or Dorset and it is another story.

6. mentalist

mentalist Active Member

Sep 28, 2016
    wigan
    I'm not saying just because its taxed and insured I'll get away with it, just changing the odds slightly in my favour fitting a 1963 plate, I'm fully aware of the £100 fine and prepared to pay it if/when presented with the ticket.

• Like Like x 2
  7. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Or go into Bath, they are only interested in self funding, mobile vans and fixed camera's every where, but cross over the M4 towards Falklands and beyond towards Gloucester and you are pretty safe again!