Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  2. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    I can only use the agree icon once. I agree 10 times over

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    If I wanted a top box, I'd change careers and get a job at Dominos!:mad::mad::mad::mad:;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Like this
    pizza-boxes-500x500.jpg

7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Know what you mean Ade, no holiday or sick pay.
    But then again us retirees always suffer in silence, it really is a hard life ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    The Shinning was a film about a woman who killed her husband and covered it up

• Like Like x 1
  9. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I don’t lambast your regret. I lambast my own idealistic naivety for voting us into the mess in the first place and allowing people like you to be so misinformed about the underlying truth of our progressive enslavement. Your regret will dissipate in time as will mine. True democrats can share that much.

Which aspect needs shredding?

• Like Like x 1
  10. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    there is an underlying problem in the fact that so many immigrants are doing the jobs that many of our own folks could do but don't,the pay rates are below what they should be and have been previously but the fact remains the polish and many others will do the jobs many brits won't, you only have to look at any hotels and many factorys to see a large amount of immigrant workers i know my work has many,wages should be higher for lots of jobs but bottom line for company's is they can pay lower wages because there is no shortage of folk willing to do these jobs,i work alongside poles and you cannot knock their work ethic downside is they will work any shifts offered whereas i need to consider whether it fits in with certain things,with less access to cheap labour wages will need to rise to encourage non immigrants to fill the huge gaps this will leave.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    that's exactly what i mean i seen one of those benefits shows on ch5 recently,some lazy fat twat sat on a bed moaned thst there was no jobs as the immigrants had stole them all,i wanted to get him by the throat and say put thst can of beer down put thst fag out get off your fat arse and actually do something

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    #972 Callumity, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    More accurately won’t do the job for the money on offer. That is why imported labour depresses wages. It also suppresses the very innovation that improves productivity.
    Think about how few people now work in agriculture or even car factories yet there is more production. A tractor is more productive than many horses and a modern tractor with GPS and scanners is highly efficient in its use of fertilisers etc. Likewise robots in factories. And yet more people are in work and the standard of living has gone up.....or was.
    I can’t pretend some agricultural harvesting jobs are not tricky to automate but there is zero incentive to do so or hire locals at higher rates when you can get cheap labour from abroad.......but it isn’t so cheap when you add in Housing, health education etc., for which the employer is not paying as well as the societal impact.
    The price of labour (wages) will not rise as long as we have open borders and the lower the skill, the worse it gets for the native population because they are competing with people who do not expect the same living standards......for now.

13. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    What you describe is a subtly different problem of benefits and incentives. We need a safety net but it argably needs to be a bit more uncomfortable and for work to pay better. I have been lucky in life so it is not for me to pontificate but I would listen to people on low wages with pride and a work ethic about how to encourage the shysters from their beds.

14. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Bloody hell, I'm going to finish the rest of this post as part of my bedtime reading. Valid points so far...:sleeping:

15. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    This is getting "Hevvvvvvy", lets get back to top boxes!:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  16. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Cake - I prefer cake.......;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    0000362_chocolate-layer-cake.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  18. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Prefer nice buns myself

68D5C7E1-0AFF-4647-93BC-B8EEB8D2ED4D.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    And relax

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Nah, nah, nah! That was just light refreshment before the next instalment......
    I was thinking of getting exercised about religion, well climate change to be exact.......

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1