Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    My wife purchased an electric toothbrush @50.00 it never arrived - contacted Yodel who said it was left in porch - great you may say - we don't even have a porch. :mad::mad:

2. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Bring back the high street at interweb prices. It'll all go round full circle, you mark my words (prophet Ken) ha ha

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    here here..well i hope so!

4. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Have they got a triple buttoned waistband?

5. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    If he's old enough to walk up to your property & steal items. He's old enough to sit in front of a judge! Bring back borstal I say. How big is his dad?!? Don't let him get away with it. Needs to be nipped in the bud now, next he'll be stealing bikes :mad: Sorry to rant, but I'm old school. You reap what you sow & all that

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    I showed a lad ( approx 10 yrs old) a picture of himself knocking on my door and running. Told him - not to do it again as cctv filming him. Never happened again...o_O

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    That's why this country is in such a f****** mess. Back in the 80's as a PE teacher, there were quite a few times when Daddy Bear arrived in school unannounced, screaming, swearing & shouting at me for making little Johnny do cross country. Parents can be quite unpredictable, so take care. It's a shame a Police officer could not come with you as back up / witness. My Dad would have gone berserk. Followed by the strap, followed by a withdrawal of privelages

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Agree - my cctv was checked as not to film the street or neighbours property. But your own property is fine.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Hmm! Seems weird advice from a police officer, Jez. I'll ask my police officer buddies for an opinion, and try to remember to ask my daughter next time I see her - she's a detective in the local Safeguarding team (they don't call it that nowadays, but same stuff under another name).

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    I think we're all singing from the same hymn sheet. When are people who can make a difference to society going to start listening?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Goodnight. Hopefully he's in bed shitting himself. Somehow I doubt it. What has society created?

12. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    I can be there within 2 hours

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    I've had conversations with pro photographers I've come across about street photography rules and the laws are apparently clear. In the UK you can take photos in public of anyone and anything as long as you do not cause offence or nuisance, intrude unecessarily or similar. Should be the same for CCTV and companies usually put up warnings to help cover themselves in case anyone objects.

In this case a crime has been comitted and should be reported to the police. They hate this sort of thing as if they don't do anything it makes their clearup stats worse, which is possibly why your mate advised against it. Following up takes up resource they probably cannot spare as they have to prioritise, unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Ok my rant of the day. Stupid people !
    Was finally watching the last episode of the channel ( channel 4 )
    On it is a trucker going on about border controls after Brexit.
    He said no foreign truckers would be willing to sit through border checks.
    Most likely the case they won’t like it.
    Ok so they will turn the French side into a load parking area so that British truckers have to go pick up the loads is one possible scenario.
    He said Brexit will mean more truckers being employed and more trucks being bought etc.
    What a dickhead, so British truckers have to sit through the border checks. Let alone the shortage of truck drivers ( general manpower shortages for all sorts of careers let alone getting extra truckers )
    So prices for everything goes up and we get less choice. The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze m
    Brexit the biggest feck up ever imposed on the many by the few.
    Less than a 60% turn out imposes this stupidity on us all. I know the electoral commission say 72% but I would question this as most other sources says 58% of eligible voters voted.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    If I remember correctly there was a minimum percentage of voters in 1975 that had to vote for that referendum to be considered binding and it was a fair bit higher than 60%.
    The same thing should have applied to this vote as well.
    But as you said 58% of the population voted so far less than 58% of the population voted for Brexit.
    As the total vote was 58% only around 25%+ voted for Brexit.
    So how on earth do you get 58% of the population voted for Brexit?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Anyway, don't dentists make you mad. Had to have some emergency
    37% of the all eligible voters voted Leave. 35% voted Remain. 28% didn't cast a vote. So the views of a minority of the public are being 'imposed' on the 63% majority. Oh, and 16-17 year olds who will be of voting age come Brexit implementation didn't get a say in a momentous decision that will affect the rest of their adult lives. And of course the Leave campaign was a) illegally funded, and b) used downright lies to persuade their voters (£350m pweek for the NHS - yeah, right), and of course the Russian troll factory targeted lots of anti-EU misrepresentation and lies through social media. And Leavers complain it's undemocratic for Remainers to continue to press their opinions. Seems to me many Leavers don't understand how parliamentary democracy works. If Leavers are so sure they are in the right then what's the problem with a second referendum to decide on the actual deal that's negotiated? They're gonna win again .... aren't they?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    I disagree BS with your play on percentages.
    You can only calculate the true % from the actual votes that were cast, forget the non voters, that number is irrelevant.
    52 - 48 was the actual result.
    Not a % of a %

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    #817 MickEng, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    I wasn't focusing on the politics of it, just purely the use of %

19. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    We all pay in one way or another that's marriage :mask:
    Tucker:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

South lakes to Lincoln on our glorious railways... 8 fucking hrs... 1 of the 2 unscheduled stops to change trains was because a door was hanging off!

Bought a car and drove back in 4 hours.

Would have been worth it if it was a bike!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  21. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Talking of doors hanging off trains reminds me of an amusing incident at Victoria station in Manchester about thirty five years ago. I was waiting for my train. There was a train parked up. On board was a British Rail engineer. He wanted to get off the train. He walked up to the door and gave it a tremendous kick with his size ten hob nailed boots. The door didn't budge. He gave it another kick, then another and another and another and another. Then he calmly inserted a screwdriver about the size of a baseball bat into the door, turned it and opened the door, then calmly walked out onto the platform. I never trusted BR engineering after that.

• Funny Funny x 4